JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 357 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 PM   #2849
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

How is the CPU in terms of consistency? Game to game, and even carry to carry for you?
Old 01-25-2017, 07:38 AM   #2850
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
How is the CPU in terms of consistency? Game to game, and even carry to carry for you?
not saying perfect, but solid. I like the variety, where if I blitz or play run at right time I can stuff them. Not sure why people would want the cpu to knock off 5 yards every carry? not realistic at all. I was excited that I saw both backs playing, a few 10+ yard runs , some in between, and some where I stuffed it. The average ypc's come out respectible im happy. The fact is Madden is not perfect, but games have been fun on this default setup. I just take it as is now, tired of the endless settings changes. Took this approach with other sports games as well, actually getting somewhere in franchises now.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 01-25-2017, 12:02 PM   #2851
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

So I wanted to post some game play of some tweaks of this set I have been working on.

I have been trying to figure out fatigue for both Main Menu and CFM that would allow more subs but not hurt the game play, based on Josh's theories, I experimented with a few different fatigue settings between main menu and CFM but it was too extreme and played just how he said.

I had been running 60 fatigue in Franchise for the longest time, and I had tried 45 before in main menu and really liked it. so I decided to Try 45 Main menu And 55 CFM fatigue (thinking they would offset and even out to an even 50) I really like how this plays. less fatigue yes, but CPU plays less dumb like Josh has stated.

Next, I was looking at more ways to make the passing game tougher, for both CPU and USER. I did some research in these threads and found something interesting regarding Defensive Holding, I tried it...and what do you know...the passing game is super tough, and its not just 1 sided either. you really have to go through your reads, and actually call plays anticipating a man or a zone or audible.... the Thread I found said Defensive holding down to 5. doing that i saw exactly what the user said, more animations, more swats, more pass break ups. and tighter coverage, but not psychic DB coverage.

Finally, 1 issue i was having is that I have a pretty solid front 7 of my 3-4 defense, all rated in the 80's....and i was finding that i was getting pressure consistently when i blitzed which is good, but cpu qb (didnt matter who) would just stand back there like a sitting duck and take a sack, or just throw it out of bounds no wr in sight as a throw away.

so i did more research and found something interesting regarding the intentional grounding setting and testing done. I turned it to OFF for both Main Menu and Suddenly the CPU qb seemed more aware, they got rid of the ball faster on blitzs (but not just check downs) they would over throw balls out of bounds towards wrs down the field, and I nearly cut my sack ration in half (from 7 a game down to 3-4)

1 other bonus to these settings that i wasnt expecting but have been annoyed with is that the cpu seems to run the ball like crazy in the first half...even with little to no success..im talking over 15 carries for a back in 1st half...it was easy to stack up against predictable run plays and get stops on defense.

with this the CPU passed a lot more. and didnt always run it in the standard run situations. and because of that, i wasnt stacking up against the run all the time and they had more success running the ball.

so here are the settings i was using in this clip.

Default everything just as Josh Has it in his OP.

with Main Menu fatigue at 45. and 55 in Franchise
speed threshold 100 for both MM and Franchise
DPI 75 for Both MM and Franchise
Facemask 55 MM and 50 Franchise
Injuries 55 Main Menu and 50 Franchise
IBITB 50 Main Menu and 49 in franchise
Roughing the passer 50 Main Menu and 51 Franchise
Defensive Holding 5 Main Menu and Franchise

I Have Heat Seeker and Ball Hawk Turned OFF

I played this game at least 5 different times in franchise, each time doing the proper save of profile after any adjustments. So thats how i am able to notice everything that is different.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.

Last edited by schnaidt1; 01-25-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #2852
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Appreciate the info schnaidt. I too have been working on some updates but just got derailed when I got sick. Now that I'm feeling better, I should be able to finalize soon and post them.

I will say though that all of your changes seem logical (though you know my feelings on high thresh). I've tried many of them, but not quite in that exact combination.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #2853
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Appreciate the info schnaidt. I too have been working on some updates but just got derailed when I got sick. Now that I'm feeling better, I should be able to finalize soon and post them.

I will say though that all of your changes seem logical (though you know my feelings on high thresh). I've tried many of them, but not quite in that exact combination.
Can't wait to see the updates, I'm itching to get my franchise going. I've been holding off until you ran these last tests.

Golden Domers: A Fighting Irish Dynasty
Old 01-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #2854
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

no problem. im just trying to contribute to the great work you have already done. i finished all my work for the month so i have lots of free time to test and such.

these settings may very well work with the 50 threshold. and i may try it. running game has been solid for cpu, harder for me...nervous lowering it will make mine better but there's unstoppable.

but def looking forward to working more on this with you trying different things

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:25 AM   #2855
Rookie

Yukon105's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
these settings may very well work with the 50 threshold. and i may try it. running game has been solid for cpu, harder for me...nervous lowering it will make mine better but there's unstoppable.
Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app
Just finish playing 2 games with your new setting an 50 threshold and I like it, very nice. I also turned off intentional grounding. I'm keeping those setting a big improvement to the game. QB got some brains again. Thanks for that.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #2856
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This is just a friendly reminder for some of you that are settling into a comfort zone with your sliders.

There is a title update coming in February, and I'm not sure when.

A question was posed to Clint Oldenburg on Twitter last week about the QB Acc slider not working like it did pre-patch.

Here was his response:

We still didn't find anything the title update did to impact it, but working to improve its effectiveness in the next one. Hopefully.

So, that could bring on more testing once that drops.(I know Josh is aware of the testing part after title updates. This is more for others testing and getting comfy.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »