JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 370 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #2953
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Still cool for me to post pics of my games with the exact OP settings Josh? Just want people to see actual stats from games.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Oh yeah...I'm cool with that. We just didn't want things to get bogged down too much with dynasty 'stories'. More importantly, I would love to hear thoughts on how things looked and so on.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 PM   #2954
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Oh yeah...I'm cool with that. We just didn't want things to get bogged down too much with dynasty 'stories'. More importantly, I would love to hear thoughts on how things looked and so on.
Well you can see that 2 different games, 1st against bears was a close one that i kicked a fg to win at end, panthers didnt stand a chance.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #2955
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Coach Schemes
After more extensive testing on coach schemes, I have drawn the following conclusions:

- Just stay away from the balanced offensive scheme. The CPU will call the same plays over and over again....I think that this is the one that is most affected by the regular team playbooks not being as well-developed. I thought for a while that this was the run scheme until I had a couple of games where the CPU was just calling dives/4-verts the whole time.
- Schemes are more about formations/concepts used rather than run/pass ratio. Though, naturally, certain formations/concepts are more run-heavy or pass-heavy.
- You do not need to use generic playbooks....frankly, I recommend staying away from them as you lose some of a team's identity
- Most of the schemes really look to be mis-labeled. Here is my take on each one:
Hey Josh, great work.
A couple of notes:
When changing Coaching Schemes, at each coach, their Auto Subs should also be changed, yes? Only makes sense that everyone should be operating in the same physical universe as the team that you are controlling.

A theory regarding 100% completion percentages in CFM:
It is noted here and proven by your analysis that Main Menu settings affect Connected Franchise settings in a hidden way. This has been proven and is without controversy.
That being said, is it not possible, and does it stand to reason that the obvious slop in the underlying code in the game is causing this unbelievable CPU QB performance in CFM?

I have a theory that certain categories of the values entered into the MM gameplay settings (sliders) are adding to, or subtracting from the values entered into the CFM gameplay settings. (sliders)

For example:
MM QBA set to "default" 50.
I believe that certain aspects of that MM "50" setting are being ADDED to, or SUBTRACTED FROM certain aspects of "default" 50 in CFM.

For instance, a QB ACR of "50" in CFM MAY actually be 100 because the underlying code slop is unintentionally adding that MM "50" to whatever is in the QBA window in the CFM sliders.

Conversely, certain aspects may be being SUBTRACTED from the "50" QBA setting in CFM, for instance "Ball Carrying" rating for QB's, thus the "every time fumble when sacked" insanity.

So my theory holds that things like QB ACR Player Ratings are being doubled in CFM, and other ratings like Ball Carrying are being halved or zeroed.

From the beginning of time, any slider maker worth his salt has never created sliders in "Play Now" games, and expected them to operate properly in CFM. This could be the answer to that question.

So last night I tried an experiment:
In the Main Menu Game Play and Penalty Sliders I zeroed out ALL CATEGORIES.
I saved that profile in the MM.
I then opened my CFM and "imported" the zeroed out values from my MM profile
saved settings. The goal here is to "wipe the slate" of any underlying hidden slider code that is being added in to the sliders in CFM.

I then saved my CFM with all sliders at ZERO.
I then restarted my PS4.
I then opened up my "zeroed out" CFM.
I then went back into CFM "gameplay settings/sliders" and "reset" all sliders to their default "50" values by hitting square button on PS4.
I then saved CFM again.
I then started a game, (15min QTRS/ 15 sec Runoff) and at the opening playbook screen on opening kickoff, I put the game into "watch mode" or "super sim slow mode" and proceeded to watch, start to finish the greatest most exciting game of Madden I have ever seen.
This game had 2 50+ yard runs (one from each team)
One returned kickoff for TD.
One blocked PAT attempt that was run back for 2 points in the closing minutes of the game to tie it.
Batted balls, 3 INT's, varrying play calls, big hits, wrap up tackles diving catches, overthrown balls, throw aways before being sacked, Stafford actually RAN for a 1st down when his receivers were covered...I mean just un-****ing believable. The most entertaining game I have ever watched.

The thing is, what I was watching, was for the VERY FIRST TIME, the "Sim Engine" that you match up with in CFM playing itself out on screen.

From back in 2005 when we created the "Madden Manifesto" the goal was always to get the PLAYED GAMES to compete in the same statistical universe of the CPU "summed games" in the rest of the league.
The answer to "first against the run and last against the pass" statistic may finally be at hand after 12 friggin years of trying.

I suggest you give this a try.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #2956
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I thought I remembered that nickname from the MM days.

Might be worth a shot.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #2957
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Hey Josh, great work.
A couple of notes:
When changing Coaching Schemes, at each coach, their Auto Subs should also be changed, yes? Only makes sense that everyone should be operating in the same physical universe as the team that you are controlling.

It is noted here and proven by your analysis that Main Menu settings affect Connected Franchise settings in a hidden way. This has been proven and is without controversy.
That being said, is it not possible, and does it stand to reason that the obvious slop in the underlying code in the game is causing this unbelievable CPU QB performance in CFM?

I have a theory that certain categories of the values entered into the MM gameplay settings (sliders) are adding to, or subtracting from the values entered into the CFM gameplay settings. (sliders)

For example:
I believe that certain aspects of that MM "50" setting are being ADDED to, or SUBTRACTED FROM certain aspects of "default" 50 in CFM.

For instance, a QB ACR of "50" in CFM MAY actually be 100 because the underlying code slop is unintentionally adding that MM "50" to whatever is in the QBA window in the CFM sliders.

Conversely, certain aspects may be being SUBTRACTED from the "50" QBA setting in CFM, for instance "Ball Carrying" rating for QB's, thus the "every time fumble when sacked" insanity.

So my theory holds that things like QB ACR Player Ratings are being doubled in CFM, and other ratings like Ball Carrying are being halved or zeroed.

From the beginning of time, any slider maker worth his salt has never created sliders in "Play Now" games, and expected them to operate properly in CFM. This could be the answer to that question.

saved settings. The goal here is to "wipe the slate" of any underlying hidden slider code that is being added in to the sliders in CFM.

I then restarted my PS4.
I then went back into CFM "gameplay settings/sliders" and "reset" all sliders to their default "50" values by hitting square button on PS4.
I then saved CFM again.
I then started a game, (15min QTRS/ 15 sec Runoff) and at the opening playbook screen on opening kickoff, I put the game into "watch mode" or "super sim slow mode" and proceeded to watch, start to finish the greatest most exciting game of Madden I have ever seen.
One blocked PAT attempt that was run back for 2 points in the closing minutes of the game to tie it.
Batted balls, 3 INT's, varrying play calls, big hits, wrap up tackles diving catches, overthrown balls, throw aways before being sacked, Stafford actually RAN for a 1st down when his receivers were covered...I mean just un-****ing believable. The most entertaining game I have ever watched.

The thing is, what I was watching, was for the VERY FIRST TIME, the "Sim Engine" that you match up with in CFM playing itself out on screen.

From back in 2005 when we created the "Madden Manifesto" the goal was always to get the PLAYED GAMES to compete in the same statistical universe of the CPU "summed games" in the rest of the league.
The answer to "first against the run and last against the pass" statistic may finally be at hand after 12 friggin years of trying.

Interesting. I may give this a shot as well. Question. Did you leave the aids on (ballhawk, auto strafe, etc.)? Also, what CF auto sub settings did you use?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #2958
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I thought I remembered that nickname from the MM days.

Might be worth a shot.
SM27, is one of the OGs of "Mad(den) Science"...

#themanifesto

Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #2959
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Hey Josh, great work.

A couple of notes:

For example:

I then restarted my PS4.

I then saved CFM again.

The Godfather in the house

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #2960
Pro

OVR: 6

What do people do with XP upgrades following games ? I just do recommended and auto upgrade is this the best way ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »