JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 370 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2017, 09:19 PM   #2953
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Still cool for me to post pics of my games with the exact OP settings Josh? Just want people to see actual stats from games.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Oh yeah...I'm cool with that. We just didn't want things to get bogged down too much with dynasty 'stories'. More importantly, I would love to hear thoughts on how things looked and so on.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:06 PM   #2954
MVP
 
Hunkerdown's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,396
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Oh yeah...I'm cool with that. We just didn't want things to get bogged down too much with dynasty 'stories'. More importantly, I would love to hear thoughts on how things looked and so on.
Well you can see that 2 different games, 1st against bears was a close one that i kicked a fg to win at end, panthers didnt stand a chance.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
__________________
XBOX GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch Broadcast: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Hunkerdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #2955
Rookie
 
Sm27's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Oct 2004
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Coach Schemes
After more extensive testing on coach schemes, I have drawn the following conclusions:

- Just stay away from the balanced offensive scheme. The CPU will call the same plays over and over again....I think that this is the one that is most affected by the regular team playbooks not being as well-developed. I thought for a while that this was the run scheme until I had a couple of games where the CPU was just calling dives/4-verts the whole time.
- Schemes are more about formations/concepts used rather than run/pass ratio. Though, naturally, certain formations/concepts are more run-heavy or pass-heavy.
- You do not need to use generic playbooks....frankly, I recommend staying away from them as you lose some of a team's identity
- Most of the schemes really look to be mis-labeled. Here is my take on each one:
Hey Josh, great work.
A couple of notes:
When changing Coaching Schemes, at each coach, their Auto Subs should also be changed, yes? Only makes sense that everyone should be operating in the same physical universe as the team that you are controlling.

A theory regarding 100% completion percentages in CFM:
It is noted here and proven by your analysis that Main Menu settings affect Connected Franchise settings in a hidden way. This has been proven and is without controversy.
That being said, is it not possible, and does it stand to reason that the obvious slop in the underlying code in the game is causing this unbelievable CPU QB performance in CFM?

I have a theory that certain categories of the values entered into the MM gameplay settings (sliders) are adding to, or subtracting from the values entered into the CFM gameplay settings. (sliders)

For example:
MM QBA set to "default" 50.
I believe that certain aspects of that MM "50" setting are being ADDED to, or SUBTRACTED FROM certain aspects of "default" 50 in CFM.

For instance, a QB ACR of "50" in CFM MAY actually be 100 because the underlying code slop is unintentionally adding that MM "50" to whatever is in the QBA window in the CFM sliders.

Conversely, certain aspects may be being SUBTRACTED from the "50" QBA setting in CFM, for instance "Ball Carrying" rating for QB's, thus the "every time fumble when sacked" insanity.

So my theory holds that things like QB ACR Player Ratings are being doubled in CFM, and other ratings like Ball Carrying are being halved or zeroed.

From the beginning of time, any slider maker worth his salt has never created sliders in "Play Now" games, and expected them to operate properly in CFM. This could be the answer to that question.

So last night I tried an experiment:
In the Main Menu Game Play and Penalty Sliders I zeroed out ALL CATEGORIES.
I saved that profile in the MM.
I then opened my CFM and "imported" the zeroed out values from my MM profile
saved settings. The goal here is to "wipe the slate" of any underlying hidden slider code that is being added in to the sliders in CFM.


I then saved my CFM with all sliders at ZERO.
I then restarted my PS4.
I then opened up my "zeroed out" CFM.
I then went back into CFM "gameplay settings/sliders" and "reset" all sliders to their default "50" values by hitting square button on PS4.
I then saved CFM again.
I then started a game, (15min QTRS/ 15 sec Runoff) and at the opening playbook screen on opening kickoff, I put the game into "watch mode" or "super sim slow mode" and proceeded to watch, start to finish the greatest most exciting game of Madden I have ever seen.
This game had 2 50+ yard runs (one from each team)
One returned kickoff for TD.
One blocked PAT attempt that was run back for 2 points in the closing minutes of the game to tie it.
Batted balls, 3 INT's, varrying play calls, big hits, wrap up tackles diving catches, overthrown balls, throw aways before being sacked, Stafford actually RAN for a 1st down when his receivers were covered...I mean just un-****ing believable. The most entertaining game I have ever watched.

The thing is, what I was watching, was for the VERY FIRST TIME, the "Sim Engine" that you match up with in CFM playing itself out on screen.

From back in 2005 when we created the "Madden Manifesto" the goal was always to get the PLAYED GAMES to compete in the same statistical universe of the CPU "summed games" in the rest of the league.
The answer to "first against the run and last against the pass" statistic may finally be at hand after 12 friggin years of trying.

I suggest you give this a try.
Sm27 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #2956
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 21,951
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I thought I remembered that nickname from the MM days.

Might be worth a shot.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:47 AM   #2957
Pro
 
gman2774's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 788
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Hey Josh, great work.
A couple of notes:
When changing Coaching Schemes, at each coach, their Auto Subs should also be changed, yes? Only makes sense that everyone should be operating in the same physical universe as the team that you are controlling.

A theory regarding 100% completion percentages in CFM:
It is noted here and proven by your analysis that Main Menu settings affect Connected Franchise settings in a hidden way. This has been proven and is without controversy.
That being said, is it not possible, and does it stand to reason that the obvious slop in the underlying code in the game is causing this unbelievable CPU QB performance in CFM?

I have a theory that certain categories of the values entered into the MM gameplay settings (sliders) are adding to, or subtracting from the values entered into the CFM gameplay settings. (sliders)

For example:
MM QBA set to "default" 50.
I believe that certain aspects of that MM "50" setting are being ADDED to, or SUBTRACTED FROM certain aspects of "default" 50 in CFM.

For instance, a QB ACR of "50" in CFM MAY actually be 100 because the underlying code slop is unintentionally adding that MM "50" to whatever is in the QBA window in the CFM sliders.

Conversely, certain aspects may be being SUBTRACTED from the "50" QBA setting in CFM, for instance "Ball Carrying" rating for QB's, thus the "every time fumble when sacked" insanity.

So my theory holds that things like QB ACR Player Ratings are being doubled in CFM, and other ratings like Ball Carrying are being halved or zeroed.

From the beginning of time, any slider maker worth his salt has never created sliders in "Play Now" games, and expected them to operate properly in CFM. This could be the answer to that question.

So last night I tried an experiment:
In the Main Menu Game Play and Penalty Sliders I zeroed out ALL CATEGORIES.
I saved that profile in the MM.
I then opened my CFM and "imported" the zeroed out values from my MM profile
saved settings. The goal here is to "wipe the slate" of any underlying hidden slider code that is being added in to the sliders in CFM.


I then saved my CFM with all sliders at ZERO.
I then restarted my PS4.
I then opened up my "zeroed out" CFM.
I then went back into CFM "gameplay settings/sliders" and "reset" all sliders to their default "50" values by hitting square button on PS4.
I then saved CFM again.
I then started a game, (15min QTRS/ 15 sec Runoff) and at the opening playbook screen on opening kickoff, I put the game into "watch mode" or "super sim slow mode" and proceeded to watch, start to finish the greatest most exciting game of Madden I have ever seen.
This game had 2 50+ yard runs (one from each team)
One returned kickoff for TD.
One blocked PAT attempt that was run back for 2 points in the closing minutes of the game to tie it.
Batted balls, 3 INT's, varrying play calls, big hits, wrap up tackles diving catches, overthrown balls, throw aways before being sacked, Stafford actually RAN for a 1st down when his receivers were covered...I mean just un-****ing believable. The most entertaining game I have ever watched.

The thing is, what I was watching, was for the VERY FIRST TIME, the "Sim Engine" that you match up with in CFM playing itself out on screen.

From back in 2005 when we created the "Madden Manifesto" the goal was always to get the PLAYED GAMES to compete in the same statistical universe of the CPU "summed games" in the rest of the league.
The answer to "first against the run and last against the pass" statistic may finally be at hand after 12 friggin years of trying.

I suggest you give this a try.
Interesting. I may give this a shot as well. Question. Did you leave the aids on (ballhawk, auto strafe, etc.)? Also, what CF auto sub settings did you use?
gman2774 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 AM   #2958
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,803
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I thought I remembered that nickname from the MM days.

Might be worth a shot.
SM27, is one of the OGs of "Mad(den) Science"...

#themanifesto

KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM   #2959
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Hey Josh, great work.

A couple of notes:

When changing Coaching Schemes, at each coach, their Auto Subs should also be changed, yes? Only makes sense that everyone should be operating in the same physical universe as the team that you are controlling.



A theory regarding 100% completion percentages in CFM:

It is noted here and proven by your analysis that Main Menu settings affect Connected Franchise settings in a hidden way. This has been proven and is without controversy.

That being said, is it not possible, and does it stand to reason that the obvious slop in the underlying code in the game is causing this unbelievable CPU QB performance in CFM?



I have a theory that certain categories of the values entered into the MM gameplay settings (sliders) are adding to, or subtracting from the values entered into the CFM gameplay settings. (sliders)



For example:

MM QBA set to "default" 50.

I believe that certain aspects of that MM "50" setting are being ADDED to, or SUBTRACTED FROM certain aspects of "default" 50 in CFM.



For instance, a QB ACR of "50" in CFM MAY actually be 100 because the underlying code slop is unintentionally adding that MM "50" to whatever is in the QBA window in the CFM sliders.



Conversely, certain aspects may be being SUBTRACTED from the "50" QBA setting in CFM, for instance "Ball Carrying" rating for QB's, thus the "every time fumble when sacked" insanity.



So my theory holds that things like QB ACR Player Ratings are being doubled in CFM, and other ratings like Ball Carrying are being halved or zeroed.



From the beginning of time, any slider maker worth his salt has never created sliders in "Play Now" games, and expected them to operate properly in CFM. This could be the answer to that question.



So last night I tried an experiment:

In the Main Menu Game Play and Penalty Sliders I zeroed out ALL CATEGORIES.

I saved that profile in the MM.

I then opened my CFM and "imported" the zeroed out values from my MM profile

saved settings. The goal here is to "wipe the slate" of any underlying hidden slider code that is being added in to the sliders in CFM.





I then saved my CFM with all sliders at ZERO.

I then restarted my PS4.

I then opened up my "zeroed out" CFM.

I then went back into CFM "gameplay settings/sliders" and "reset" all sliders to their default "50" values by hitting square button on PS4.

I then saved CFM again.

I then started a game, (15min QTRS/ 15 sec Runoff) and at the opening playbook screen on opening kickoff, I put the game into "watch mode" or "super sim slow mode" and proceeded to watch, start to finish the greatest most exciting game of Madden I have ever seen.

This game had 2 50+ yard runs (one from each team)

One returned kickoff for TD.

One blocked PAT attempt that was run back for 2 points in the closing minutes of the game to tie it.

Batted balls, 3 INT's, varrying play calls, big hits, wrap up tackles diving catches, overthrown balls, throw aways before being sacked, Stafford actually RAN for a 1st down when his receivers were covered...I mean just un-****ing believable. The most entertaining game I have ever watched.



The thing is, what I was watching, was for the VERY FIRST TIME, the "Sim Engine" that you match up with in CFM playing itself out on screen.



From back in 2005 when we created the "Madden Manifesto" the goal was always to get the PLAYED GAMES to compete in the same statistical universe of the CPU "summed games" in the rest of the league.

The answer to "first against the run and last against the pass" statistic may finally be at hand after 12 friggin years of trying.



I suggest you give this a try.


The Godfather in the house


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:33 PM   #2960
Pro
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2002
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

What do people do with XP upgrades following games ? I just do recommended and auto upgrade is this the best way ?
packmanuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.

Top -