JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 371 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #2961
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Interesting. I may give this a shot as well. Question. Did you leave the aids on (ballhawk, auto strafe, etc.)? Also, what CF auto sub settings did you use?
I'd be interested to see how it looks with more games played; I had my games last night set to Josh's OP parameters and saw just about the same game as described, only three 50+ yard bombs (instead of 2 50yd runs) and a catch and long run by the TE who was run down inside the 5 by a DB. With enough "N" using zeroed out MM are the QB % numbers down routinely from where they were using default (50) MM sliders, that sort of thing.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:01 PM   #2962
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
What do people do with XP upgrades following games ? I just do recommended and auto upgrade is this the best way ?
I've personally just set everything to auto progression....allowing my players to progress in exactly the same manner as the CPU.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #2963
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've personally just set everything to auto progression....allowing my players to progress in exactly the same manner as the CPU.
Yes I do autoprogress as well, but haven't been through one season. One in-house rule I use is that if a player has regressed I try to make up the lost points first before applying the auto button on him and the rest of the team.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:18 PM   #2964
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I can speak to my own experience with the op. I'm consistently in the 50s (CPU 60s) with respect to completion percentage. Frankly speaking....I'm 100% satisfied with the actual gameplay from the op.

Before we get out of control with this 'zero' setup...I've done this before and there were a lot of animation glitches, wonky behavior with pursuit, and a fair bit of warping....this was on an earlier version of the game though. A lot of these will not be as apparent in 'watch mode' due to the camera angle....nevermind the fact that watch mode is not the same as playing.

I will 'file' this and will possibly explore it after the next patch drops. Right now, I'm locked in on the op...
Old 01-31-2017, 02:42 PM   #2965
Pro

OVR: 6

Where do you setup auto progression ?

Quote:
Old 01-31-2017, 02:54 PM   #2966
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Interesting. I may give this a shot as well. Question. Did you leave the aids on (ballhawk, auto strafe, etc.)? Also, what CF auto sub settings did you use?
EVERYTHING "OFF" in Main Menu settings. The goal was to create a "clean slate" as the starting point in the CFM settings. My thing has always been that the game always played "better" in "Play Now" games, but was always jerky and out of balance in CFM games. That indicated to me that there was a lot going on under the hood that wasn't accounted for. So instead of guessing, I decided to turn everything "off" in the imported MM settings.
If the game would play as smoothly and dynamically in CFM default as it does in "Play Now" default, then that would be highly satisfactory.
With Josh's and Schnaidt's inspiration, I just took the underlying assumption's to their logical conclusion...Make the starting point in CFM "blank" from leftover coding in MM settings by making it all Zero before "resetting" everything to "default" in CFM.
I am extremely happy with the results.
The game is playing as smooth in CFM as it does in practice mode.
As to sub in/out settings in CFM, I am making all of the positions and all of the teams 80/60 the same as it is for my team that I am playing with. The idea is that I want the CPU teams to be fatiguing and subbing at the same rate as the team I am controlling....Everybody operating in the same "kinetic" universe.

Last edited by Sm27; 01-31-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #2967
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

Quote:
I can speak to my own experience with the op. I'm consistently in the 50s (CPU 60s) with respect to completion percentage. Frankly speaking....I'm 100% satisfied with the actual gameplay from the op.

Before we get out of control with this 'zero' setup...I've done this before and there were a lot of animation glitches, wonky behavior with pursuit, and a fair bit of warping....this was on an earlier version of the game though. A lot of these will not be as apparent in 'watch mode' due to the camera angle....nevermind the fact that watch mode is not the same as playing.

I will 'file' this and will possibly explore it after the next patch drops. Right now, I'm locked in on the op...
Hi Josh...I am in no way challenging your findings or your methods. I find them inspiring.
I am really happy that you have found the gameplay you have been striving for. Nobody knows like I do the utter frustration and needle in a haystack searching that goes on in trying to "fix the game".

I think it is important for us to remember that "everything matters" when it comes to the settings in this game...It really does.

What I mean by that is, as you have found, the game "plays better" when all of the game play sliders and penalty sliders are at default in play now games, and closer to better in CFM games.

I am in 100% agreement with this statement.

If we agree on that impression, then I can assume that we can call this an agreed "fact" and not an "alternative fact"..he he.

This can be a logical basis to start from.
So if our taste and determination of gameplay is that the game plays better at "default" then it seems that getting true default in CFM should be the first goal.

If your theory, of which I am in agreement with, that there are coding settings that are affecting CFM games in a hidden way, then my goal was to get rid of as many of the "remnants" of that leftover MM coding as possible in order to make CFM default TRULY default.

The "60/80" sub in/out for all teams is just as important as making all of the gameplay sliders "default".

In "Play Now" games on default, you are competing with the CPU teams that also have THEIR sub in/out at 60/80.
Making all of the teams in CFM set to 60/80 seems to have created the basis for the smooth play that I always saw in Play Now.

For the record..
There is only one roster on my Hard Drive...That is the latest Roster update from EA. This is the roster I started CFM with. This is the only roster the CPU had to pick from when beginning my "clean slate" CFM.
I am operating with only baseline elements that have been updated by EA.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:23 PM   #2968
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
Hi Josh...I am in no way challenging your findings or your methods. I find them inspiring.
I am really happy that you have found the gameplay you have been striving for. Nobody knows like I do the utter frustration and needle in a haystack searching that goes on in trying to "fix the game".

I think it is important for us to remember that "everything matters" when it comes to the settings in this game...It really does.

What I mean by that is, as you have found, the game "plays better" when all of the game play sliders and penalty sliders are at default in play now games, and closer to better in CFM games.

I am in 100% agreement with this statement.

If we agree on that impression, then I can assume that we can call this an agreed "fact" and not an "alternative fact"..he he.

This can be a logical basis to start from.
So if our taste and determination of gameplay is that the game plays better at "default" then it seems that getting true default in CFM should be the first goal.

If your theory, of which I am in agreement with, that there are coding settings that are affecting CFM games in a hidden way, then my goal was to get rid of as many of the "remnants" of that leftover MM coding as possible in order to make CFM default TRULY default.

The "60/80" sub in/out for all teams is just as important as making all of the gameplay sliders "default".

In "Play Now" games on default, you are competing with the CPU teams that also have THEIR sub in/out at 60/80.
Making all of the teams in CFM set to 60/80 seems to have created the basis for the smooth play that I always saw in Play Now.

For the record..
There is only one roster on my Hard Drive...That is the latest Roster update from EA. This is the roster I started CFM with. This is the only roster the CPU had to pick from when beginning my "clean slate" CFM.
I am operating with only baseline elements that have been updated by EA.
Just out of curiosity try setting every MM setting to 1. Reason being is that was the happy point for MM Fatigue and injury. 0 was kind of off still. I'd be curious to here what you see with that.

That being said I'm pretty damn content with what we have going right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »