JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 372 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #2969
Rookie

OVR: 0
JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Still don't understand how you guys aren't getting >80% completions from CPU. I've tried everything. Playing as a defensive lineman seems to make them sense pressure at a little more. Even if I fail a power/finesse move they will get nervous and throw the ball. But receivers are still wide open.

How do you call plays? Base zone? Zone blitz? Man to man?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-31-2017, 06:49 PM   #2970
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
EVERYTHING "OFF" in Main Menu settings. The goal was to create a "clean slate" as the starting point in the CFM settings. My thing has always been that the game always played "better" in "Play Now" games, but was always jerky and out of balance in CFM games. That indicated to me that there was a lot going on under the hood that wasn't accounted for. So instead of guessing, I decided to turn everything "off" in the imported MM settings.
If the game would play as smoothly and dynamically in CFM default as it does in "Play Now" default, then that would be highly satisfactory.
With Josh's and Schnaidt's inspiration, I just took the underlying assumption's to their logical conclusion...Make the starting point in CFM "blank" from leftover coding in MM settings by making it all Zero before "resetting" everything to "default" in CFM.
I am extremely happy with the results.
The game is playing as smooth in CFM as it does in practice mode.
As to sub in/out settings in CFM, I am making all of the positions and all of the teams 80/60 the same as it is for my team that I am playing with. The idea is that I want the CPU teams to be fatiguing and subbing at the same rate as the team I am controlling....Everybody operating in the same "kinetic" universe.
whoa whoa whoa....you got inspiration from me???

please due tell!! this could be quite the honor for me.

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:12 PM   #2971
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splice
Still don't understand how you guys aren't getting >80% completions from CPU. I've tried everything. Playing as a defensive lineman seems to make them sense pressure at a little more. Even if I fail a power/finesse move they will get nervous and throw the ball. But receivers are still wide open.

How do you call plays? Base zone? Zone blitz? Man to man?
LOL...I actually wouldn't mind seeing an 80%+ game every now and then. I think the highest game the CPU has had against me was like 71% (and it was an elite guy).

I just play smart fundamental defense, mix my plays up between man and zone, watch matchups, shade coverages underneath when they get checkdown happy and so on.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:34 PM   #2972
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just out of curiosity try setting every MM setting to 1. Reason being is that was the happy point for MM Fatigue and injury. 0 was kind of off still. I'd be curious to here what you see with that.

That being said I'm pretty damn content with what we have going right now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
This is the happiest I have been with CFM in Madden since I started playing it in 2000.

In all actuality, I went back and checked, and as it turns out, what I had going in MM that gives me the best results is all Pens and Gameplay sliders at "0", Fatigue and Injury at "1", and Speed Threshold @ 50.
I am in total agreement here.

Below is my exact sequence.
1. Delete Profile from HD.
2. Create new "clean" profile setting all Gameplay Sliders to "0" except INJ/FTG to "1" and SPD Threshold to "50". I now have a "clean" MM Profile with all "helper switches" to "off".
3. Save.
4. Restart.
5. Start CFM
6. Import "Gameplay Settings" (MM settings of zeros and 1's saved to profile)
7. Save CFM.
8. Restart.
9. Open CFM.
10.CFM Gameplay Settings-"Square Button" reset settings.
11.Save CFM.
12.Restart.
11.Open CFM. "Create new Characters" (Owners) for the rest of the league (31 teams).
12.Go into each team's "My Coach" tab and set all "Auto Subs" to "60 out/80 in" so that the CPU teams will fatigue at the same rate as my team on the field.
13.Set all coaches Offensive Philosophies to what Josh has suggested in the OP, leaving the Defensive Philosophies at each coaches default setting.
14.Save
15.Retire all adjusted Owners of the CPU teams. After I did this, I checked these coaches to see if the Auto Subs and Philosophies "stick"after you give control back to CPU upon retirement...THEY STUCK!

How I Play:
Offense:
"Player Lock" on one player for each play. Whether it be QB, FB, TE, WR makes no difference. The idea is for the CPU to control all of the other players just like it is controlling the CPU defense. This way ratings are what count. The Game engine also seems to run smoother because the CPU doesn't have to utilize DSP on memory in order to be able to render animations as the HUM switches players during the play on Offense. It's fun for me to just block sometimes, or control a WR, try to get open, and call for the ball.

Defense:
I switch between "Player Lock" on any player I wish, or I go up to "Broadcast View" and call plays as a Defensive Coordinator, having a SS/FS or LB selected so that the CPU controls the line play. If the SS/FS, or LB I have selected at the start of the play get's himself into position for a tackle I will make the tackle. Otherwise, I am strictly a DC calling the defenses. With these settings like this, the CPU will seriously make you pay if you call the wrong defense, If you just sit back in zone, the CPU will run the ball down your throat, if you blitz, you better get there because you will be watching the back of a guy's jersey as he races for 6. On the other hand, I see overthrows, throw aways, etc from the CPU QB. The ball is not completed for an insane percentage, nor does the ball always have to "hit something" with every throw the way it always has..Various TKL animations happening...****ing beautiful!

Special Teams:
I play ST the traditional way. Manual Kicking, Manual Return, Manual FG and Punts.

After all of these years, I finally have a FB game that is photographically beautiful, realistic, entertaining, challenging, and fun. Since the gameplay engine is running so flawlessly, smoothly, and realistically, I don't have that sinking feeling in the back of my mind that I have to "overlook" or "ignore" ridiculously atrocious bugs in the Gameplay Rendering engine, nor do I feel like the CPU is cheating.
Stats seem to be lining up perfectly with the games that are NOT played but simmed by the CPU during the week.
All in all, I think we are finally "home".
YAY!
Old 02-01-2017, 03:29 AM   #2973
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
LOL...I actually wouldn't mind seeing an 80%+ game every now and then. I think the highest game the CPU has had against me was like 71% (and it was an elite guy).

I just play smart fundamental defense, mix my plays up between man and zone, watch matchups, shade coverages underneath when they get checkdown happy and so on.

Check downs aren't the issue. It's just wide open receivers. Especially when the CPU calls all verts and they have 15 seconds to throw even when you send the blitz and throws to a wide open receiver 50 yards down the field when they turn back and the defense just stands in the end zone. Happens 2-3 times a game.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #2974
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Check downs aren't the issue. It's just wide open receivers. Especially when the CPU calls all verts and they have 15 seconds to throw even when you send the blitz and throws to a wide open receiver 50 yards down the field when they turn back and the defense just stands in the end zone. Happens 2-3 times a game.

You have the Saints defense in year 2. They are terrible. Trust me I know. Until you can get a pass rush going you will be giving up yards through the air. Even if your secondary was pretty good. Just like the real NFL when QBs have all day they will find the open guy.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #2975
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
You have the Saints defense in year 2. They are terrible. Trust me I know. Until you can get a pass rush going you will be giving up yards through the air. Even if your secondary was pretty good. Just like the real NFL when QBs have all day they will find the open guy.

I've played with multiple teams

Old 02-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #2976
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I've played with multiple teams

You have also visited several different slider threads. If you are not having fun with the game or not able to adjust the game to your own play style, maybe it's time to trade it in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »