JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 381 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #3041
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by combo87
As anyone following this thread has noticed, Josh is usually right.

By trade I am a computer engineer... kind of embarrassing that I missed something with configuration as that is my main responsibility at work lol.

Some others reported using 75 fatigue... I plugged that into my CFM but accidentally set Threshold to 75.
LOL...do you know how many times I've done that myself?

(Sidenote: going to 75 fatigue may also cause coverage issues too...which is one reason I haven't totally embraced it...but it will certainly be better than raising threshold was for you )

BTW: those vids seriously helped, I immediately knew you had something 'off' when I saw that DB Glitch. (and to others....a reminder....there is a reason why I preach that the why is more important than the what)
Old 02-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #3042
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Awesome. Looking forward to hearing if that solves your coverage issue.
Well, I am halfway through the second quarter against the Jags, losing 14-7. Bortles is 50%. He has had two off target throws, and deep bomb that was contested and intercepted! They broke off one long run to the outside when I blitzed inside, and Allen Hurns ran a slant against Verrett at the 10yd yard line - blitz came inside, Bortles rolled right and Hurns had Verrett beat.

Keenan Allen is hurt so I've focused on dump offs to Gorden/Woodhead. Gorden just smoked Dan Skuta for a 25 yard receiving TD.

Instantly ratings started to shine. I'm in the living room cheering on that Gorden TD and my wife is rolling her eyes lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
LOL...do you know how many times I've done that myself?

(Sidenote: going to 75 fatigue may also cause coverage issues too...which is one reason I haven't totally embraced it...but it will certainly be better than raising threshold was for you )

BTW: those vids seriously helped, I immediately knew you had something 'off' when I saw that DB Glitch. (and to others....a reminder....there is a reason why I preach that the why is more important than the what)
Instantly a different game. It's really challenging too. Rivers is 8/9 but averaging 6ypa. My deep routes are all covered. I tried that flag route and the safety jumped the route and almost picked me off!

I'll post a bunch of highlight vids after this game!
Old 02-04-2017, 05:02 PM   #3043
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well, I am halfway through the second quarter against the Jags, losing 14-7. Bortles is 50%. He has had two off target throws, and deep bomb that was contested and intercepted! They broke off one long run to the outside when I blitzed inside, and Allen Hurns ran a slant against Verrett at the 10yd yard line - blitz came inside, Bortles rolled right and Hurns had Verrett beat.

Keenan Allen is hurt so I've focused on dump offs to Gorden/Woodhead. Gorden just smoked Dan Skuta for a 25 yard receiving TD.

Instantly ratings started to shine. I'm in the living room cheering on that Gorden TD and my wife is rolling her eyes lol!

Instantly a different game. It's really challenging too. Rivers is 8/9 but averaging 6ypa. My deep routes are all covered. I tried that flag route and the safety jumped the route and almost picked me off!

I'll post a bunch of highlight vids after this game!
Do you play with or without accelerated clock?
Old 02-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #3044
Rookie

Ok! Just finished week two against the Jaguars, losing 35-28.

Things to note:
-Danny Woodhead is currently my greatest asset on passing downs with Keenan Allen out with an injury. Hunter Henry was unreliable in traffic and Stevie Johnson could not separate against Jalen Ramsey who had two INT's!
-Defense is hard. You really need to gameplan the week prior based on the ratings of the team you're playing. As you'll see in the highlight video I was in full man coverage with no safety help and it was Julius Thomas vs Denzel Perryman! TD!
-CPU defense is unforgiving. Had to exploit Danny Woodhead vs Skuta/Posluzny. Pockets formed and even 3-4 defensive lineman were getting pressure. In the second half I changed my game plan to targeting Woodhead out of the back field and we could finally move the ball.
-Joey Bosa is my star on the line. I switched to a 4-3 and Bosa finished with two sacks, a couple hurries, and chased down Ivory a few times.

Stats
Passing:

Rushing:

Receiving:

Sacks:

Tackles:

First half, couple of cool highlights:

Last edited by combo87; 02-04-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #3045
Rookie

Quote:
Do you play with or without accelerated clock?
9 minutes no accelerated clock.

Prior to the discovery of my threshold being 75 instead of fatigue, Verrett could not cover anyone. This game he only gave up ONE single catch and that was Bortles scrambling to his right and Allen Hurns ran a slant and got enough separation to score.
Old 02-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #3046
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon11 Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
9 minutes no accelerated clock.

Prior to the discovery of my threshold being 75 instead of fatigue, Verrett could not cover anyone. This game he only gave up ONE single catch and that was Bortles scrambling to his right and Allen Hurns ran a slant and got enough separation to score.
Thanks. I may try that when I get the chance to play. I currently play 12 min 20 acc but I'm leery of not matching exactly as op. I know it's generally considered ok to play with acc clock but I'm becoming paranoid. Lol
Old 02-04-2017, 05:29 PM   #3047
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Thanks. I may try that when I get the chance to play. I currently play 12 min 20 acc but I'm leery of not matching exactly as op. I know it's generally considered ok to play with acc clock but I'm becoming paranoid. Lol
I play 15 with 20sec acc clock. That setting shouldn't give you an issue fwiw. I have to think something else is happening for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 02-04-2017, 05:46 PM   #3048
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I play 15 with 20sec acc clock. That setting shouldn't give you an issue fwiw. I have to think something else is happening for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Question for you TDawg, strictly out of curiosity. Do you match your main menu clock settings with those you use in your CFM?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »