JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 386 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #3081
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2012
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Anyone else seeing too many receivers get open for an easy deep touchdown after a press coverage look? I probably complete an average of 2-3 60+ yard touchdown passes per game.
jersam515 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:58 PM   #3082
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
Anyone else seeing too many receivers get open for an easy deep touchdown after a press coverage look? I probably complete an average of 2-3 60+ yard touchdown passes per game.
Not here...but if you had a major mismatch or two, it could happen.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 04:24 AM   #3083
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2017
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

4 games in and we are 3-1. Just beat the Patriots in OT. Our run game in beast mode.

Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots
Feb 10, 20171ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Buffalo Bills (2-1)06147633
New England Patriots (3-0)07614027
Team Stats Comparison
BUFNWE
Total Offense582337
Rushing Yards38183
Passing Yards201254
First Downs2418
Punt Return Yards00
Kick Return Yards170128
Total Yards752465
Turnovers30
3rd Down Converstion8-14 (57%)6-13 (46%)
4th Down Conversion-1-2 (50%)
2-Point Conversion--
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5/1/2 (60%)4/2/2 (100%)
Penalties0-03-47
Posession Time34:3929:43
Buffalo Bills
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tyrod Taylor16/23 (69%)23202
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Mike Gillislee191326.91
LeSean McCoy191779.33
Tyrod Taylor66811.30
Reggie Bush144.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Sammy Watkins79413.40
Robert Woods47719.20
Charles Clay34214.00
Marquise Goodwin199.00
Reggie Bush11010.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Zach Brown11000
Aaron Williams8000
Corey Graham7000
Marcell Dareus71.500
Nickell Robey-Coleman71.000
Shaq Lawson6000
Jerry Hughes5000
Stephon Gilmore4000
Preston Brown2000
Ronald Darby2000
Ian Williams2000
Adolphus Washington2000
Kyle Williams20.500
Corey White2000
Rest Of Team8000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Dan Carpenter2/33/3932
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Colton Schmidt14545.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Kolby Listenbee39531.60
Sammy Watkins25527.50
Percy Harvin12020.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
N/A----
New England Patriots
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Tom Brady31/43 (72%)28610
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Lagarrette Blount13866.61
Dion Lewis2-2-1.00
Tom Brady1-1-1.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Rob Gronkowski8749.21
Julian Edelman78712.40
Chris Hogan45413.50
Lagarrette Blount4164.00
Danny Amendola3268.60
Martellus Bennett22110.50
Michael Floyd263.00
Dion Lewis122.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Duron Harmon12000
Malcolm Butler11000
Devin McCourty11000
Dont'A Hightower10000
Jabaal Sheard81.500
Elandon Roberts71.000
Barkevious Mingo71.500
Trey Flowers50.500
Justin Coleman51.011
Shea McClellin3000
Logan Ryan3000
Malcom Brown3000
Lorenzo Alexander30.510
Cyrus Jones2000
Rest Of Team6000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Stephen Gostkowski2/23/3927
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Ryan Allen316354.30
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Cyrus Jones24522.50
Julian Edelman24221.00
Danny Amendola24120.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
N/A----


Team Statistics
Total Offensive Yards: 1,886 (1st)
Passing Yards: 829 (31st)
Rushing Yards: 1,057 (1st)
Points Per Game: 27.5
Passing Touchdowns: 3
Rushing Touchdowns:
First Downs: 82

Total Yards Allowed: 1,628 (27th)
Passing Yards Allowed: 1,216 (31st)
Rushing Yards Allowed: 412 (8th)
Points Allowed: 112
Sacks: 12
Fumble Recoveries: 0
Interceptions: 6

3rd Down %: 39%
4th Down %: 77%

Offensive Redzone Efficiency: 73%
Defensive Redzone Efficiency: 92%

Turnover Difference: 0
Splice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM   #3084
Rookie
 
dorsett33's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Irvington, New Jersey
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Just had an illegal forward pass call........beautiful!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
dorsett33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 PM   #3085
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 14,202
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

After taking a couple months off from Madden I got the itch and decided to give your sliders a shot. I had previously used them and was steam rolling teams forcing me to move up to All-Madden which eventually burned me out as that level, imo, isn't anywhere near realistic. I had to limit myself offensively and avoid the easy completed routes like drags since the CPU rarely ever covers them, other then that it was a fairly enjoyable game. I'm in year 2 as SF after simulating through year 1 so my team is still pretty void of talent. I opened the season at home against Philly and lost the game 27-13 (15 Min Qtr/20 Sec Runoff) and honestly my only issues that I saw after 1 game was too many plays ran (144 Plays) and zero rotation at HB for the CPU (29 Carries for Terrance West, 2 for Sproles). The plays is partially my fault as I'm used to a 12 second runoff so I snapped too quick so thats an easy remedy. I'm not sure on the CPU HB sub issue as if I recall this is just something the game doesn't replicate well at all regardless of settings. On a side note there were next to no penalties called (2 combined) which kinda sucks the realism out of it but again without jacking those sliders up and causing a ripple effect elsewhere I'm not sure anything can be done there either.

Philly finished with 385 yards of offense to my 308. The game felt pretty damn good as long as you avoid the so called "money" plays and try out your entire playbook. After 1 game I can say I'm pleasantly surprised, hopefully it holds up over the course of the season as well.
__________________
http://www.twitch.tv/kitm9891
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 01:58 AM   #3086
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
After taking a couple months off from Madden I got the itch and decided to give your sliders a shot. I had previously used them and was steam rolling teams forcing me to move up to All-Madden which eventually burned me out as that level, imo, isn't anywhere near realistic. I had to limit myself offensively and avoid the easy completed routes like drags since the CPU rarely ever covers them, other then that it was a fairly enjoyable game. I'm in year 2 as SF after simulating through year 1 so my team is still pretty void of talent. I opened the season at home against Philly and lost the game 27-13 (15 Min Qtr/20 Sec Runoff) and honestly my only issues that I saw after 1 game was too many plays ran (144 Plays) and zero rotation at HB for the CPU (29 Carries for Terrance West, 2 for Sproles). The plays is partially my fault as I'm used to a 12 second runoff so I snapped too quick so thats an easy remedy. I'm not sure on the CPU HB sub issue as if I recall this is just something the game doesn't replicate well at all regardless of settings. On a side note there were next to no penalties called (2 combined) which kinda sucks the realism out of it but again without jacking those sliders up and causing a ripple effect elsewhere I'm not sure anything can be done there either.

Philly finished with 385 yards of offense to my 308. The game felt pretty damn good as long as you avoid the so called "money" plays and try out your entire playbook. After 1 game I can say I'm pleasantly surprised, hopefully it holds up over the course of the season as well.
Glad you gave these a shot again. I think you will continue to find that these will really provide a good challenge when using weak teams while allowing star-studded teams (yours or the CPUs) to shine, provided you're willing to bypass some of those easier plays (particularly the mesh and crossing routes) and are willing to use the full passing controls (left stick, L1 and L2).

I hate the rotation too; but decided it was the lesser of two evils. Bumping up fatigue can work....but it makes passing quite a bit easier as the DB Glitch comes back in full force (where the DB skids about 7-8 yards when on a quick change of direction). If that gets addressed in the next patch, then raising fatigue might be an option again.... Now, if you decide for your own purposes that rotation is more important, you could certainly bump up fatigue to the 65-75 range, but it definitely comes at a cost.

As for penalties, they still happen (example: I had 9 total in my last game). Using fake snaps and d-line shifts can get the offsides/false starts and I have found that stopping/starting on run plays and shifting directions can help induce holding calls at times. I still also see defensive holding, FM and IBB calls (usually 1 per game of each).
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-11-2017 at 02:01 AM.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 09:42 AM   #3087
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 14,202
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Glad you gave these a shot again. I think you will continue to find that these will really provide a good challenge when using weak teams while allowing star-studded teams (yours or the CPUs) to shine, provided you're willing to bypass some of those easier plays (particularly the mesh and crossing routes) and are willing to use the full passing controls (left stick, L1 and L2).

I hate the rotation too; but decided it was the lesser of two evils. Bumping up fatigue can work....but it makes passing quite a bit easier as the DB Glitch comes back in full force (where the DB skids about 7-8 yards when on a quick change of direction). If that gets addressed in the next patch, then raising fatigue might be an option again.... Now, if you decide for your own purposes that rotation is more important, you could certainly bump up fatigue to the 65-75 range, but it definitely comes at a cost.

As for penalties, they still happen (example: I had 9 total in my last game). Using fake snaps and d-line shifts can get the offsides/false starts and I have found that stopping/starting on run plays and shifting directions can help induce holding calls at times. I still also see defensive holding, FM and IBB calls (usually 1 per game of each).
Nah, rotations aren't that important in the end. I've played with higher fatigue and still didn't see any true 2 back systems no matter who I played, I just think it's an area the game struggles to replicate realistically.

I hope I see more of the penalties, it would be nice to see potential drives end due to penalties like we see so often in the NFL. Again it's only been 1 game but I did like how the game played and saw actual errant throws from the QB on both sides of the ball including my rookie QB who air mailed a post route right to the SS who picked me off with ease. The throw was there, receiver was open but he just flat missed the receiver.

I'll give you more feedback as I get a chance to play more.
__________________
http://www.twitch.tv/kitm9891
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:47 AM   #3088
Moderator
 
The Chef's Arena
 
OVR: 52
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 14,202
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I was able to get 1 more game in last night playing at home against Jacksonville (79), my team is rated a 77. I lost again, 30-21 this time, my secondary couldn't stop Bortles no matter what I did. When playing Philly I was really only worried about Matthews and Ertz, Jacksonville had more weapons in the passing game and I couldn't stop any of them. So far the CPU has been completely inept at running the ball, granted I've faced Jacksonville and Philly who don't really have tremendous running games so we will see how it plays out when facing a better running team. Next up is Seattle and I fully expect to drop to 0-3.

No complaints on the gameplay though so far, Bortles didn't really throw anything off target like Wentz did which was a little bit of a letdown seeing as his stats arent exactly amazing so hopefully that was just one of those games and all. Penalties were still obsolete with another 2 combined but holding out hope I start to see the penalty distribution that you mentioned seeing in your games. One of these days I'll have actual game stats to throw up, probably after the Seattle game.
__________________
http://www.twitch.tv/kitm9891
The Chef is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:13 PM.

Top -