JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 389 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #3105
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I'm dropping this in here as I put this in the main forum:

Bradford 66% passing, 4 int's and a few off the target passes. I did like another off target pass, Bradford felt pressure and threw it behind Peterson.

Rodgers hit 66% of his passes and 0 zip TD's.

Montgomery ended with 16 carries for 48 yds and Peterson had 19 total yds rushing.

Rodgers had 4 sacks and the Packers sacked Bradford twice.

The passing game is definitely tighter and harder.

Packers won on a last second game winning FG 16 to 14. I could score 30 pts before half prior to the patch on all pro.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:27 PM   #3106
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Josh, new patch out, Oh Wait!! We are basically at default....
It's still only mid-day for me here so I have a while before I will be able to lock-in the new patch updates.

While I agree that this is a near-default set, I still want to do some due diligence on the game to make sure that we are not borking things with one (or more) of the changes we have in the OP.

Many people are focused on the QB Acc changes, but they made a number of other changes to lineplay which intrigue me as well as an adjustment to press coverage (which could be the best change they have made in this patch). These will be the more subtle things that to me are far more critical. We may find that IBB at 49 is no longer needed, we may find that we don't need to have the assists on, we may find that default injury/fatigue in the MM is fine (though my gut says that we will still keep them at 1/1).

As I do with all patches, I will be doing a full profile deletion before testing. I will then lock-in a pure default setup (except I will go with the 60/80 CFM autosubs and assists "off") and see how that looks; then I will backtrack into the current OP. I'm actually hoping that we can have a solid setup without using the assists.

As always, please refrain from making statistical judgments on limited sample sizes. If you do see any animations or player actions that look wonky though, please let me know.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #3107
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

yes, i will be doing the same tonight, pure default.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 02-14-2017, 06:40 PM   #3108
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's still only mid-day for me here so I have a while before I will be able to lock-in the new patch updates.

While I agree that this is a near-default set, I still want to do some due diligence on the game to make sure that we are not borking things with one (or more) of the changes we have in the OP.

Many people are focused on the QB Acc changes, but they made a number of other changes to lineplay which intrigue me as well as an adjustment to press coverage (which could be the best change they have made in this patch). These will be the more subtle things that to me are far more critical. We may find that IBB at 49 is no longer needed, we may find that we don't need to have the assists on, we may find that default injury/fatigue in the MM is fine (though my gut says that we will still keep them at 1/1).

As I do with all patches, I will be doing a full profile deletion before testing. I will then lock-in a pure default setup (except I will go with the 60/80 CFM autosubs and assists "off") and see how that looks; then I will backtrack into the current OP. I'm actually hoping that we can have a solid setup without using the assists.

As always, please refrain from making statistical judgments on limited sample sizes. If you do see any animations or player actions that look wonky though, please let me know.
Good point, Josh, I was too excited about the title update and plugged the title update with the current set up.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #3109
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Good point, Josh, I was too excited about the title update and plugged the title update with the current set up.

Back to the drawing board.
No, that's OK....sounds like you had a solid game or two with it, which is a good sign

To be honest, I go back to default post-patches more as a validation of the current setup. We're going to have a MUCH easier time with this patch than most other slider setups as it's touching a lot of areas of gameplay.

I'll know more once I get off of work and can get some games in.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #3110
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No, that's OK....sounds like you had a solid game or two with it, which is a good sign

To be honest, I go back to default post-patches more as a validation of the current setup. We're going to have a MUCH easier time with this patch than most other slider setups as it's touching a lot of areas of gameplay.

I'll know more once I get off of work and can get some games in.
I had some weird stuff happen after I deleted profile and set everything at default, including players subs settings, all 50/50.

Packers had 8 QB sacks, one for a safety on a blitz near the GL on the AI's stupid play calling. 3rd and 8 and they call PA and I'm blitzing. oyyy........... Another sack occurred at the 2 yd line, Bortles fumbles, and Peppers picks the ball up in the end zone. Also, near the end of the Bortles, I'm in Cover 4, Bortles feel pressure from one DL, and takes off running, picks up 6 yds, but doesn't slide, and Thomas burls into him until it's next weekend and Bortles fumbles again and Peppers picks it up again.

A pass over the middle to Yeldon and Thomas knocks him hard and Yeldon fumbles the ball. So, I'm liking the hitting by the AI causing fumbles, but 2 QB fumbles????

Last weird issue, Cobb ran back a 97 yd TD before the end of the half, last play of the half. The first play of the second half, Cobb ran back a 98 yarder?????

Likes after 1 small sample size game:
1) All assists off and the some hits looked hard. I saw Jared Cook upended and flipped in the air and on the way down, he fumbled the ball.

2) The long ball isn't as easy to hit with user QB. I had one on one situations with Nelson and Cobb and didn't complete on long one. The safeties don't seem to be biting as much.

3) Ratings matter, especially on the lines. Study your matchups before going into the game.

4) I did love Bortles taking off

Dislikes:

1) I'm not sure about the weird stuff mentioned above.

2) Staying with player subs at default 50/50 is a mistake. I didn't switch them over to 60/80.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:23 PM   #3111
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Josh, for what it's worth, I just played a CFM game with King's set, which is close to yours, and things looked normal. The "tell" stats such as TFL were right in line.

The rush from dominant players or in mismatches is definitely more pronounced, and I saw a little better blocking for the CPU run game w/ IBB @ 49 post-patch than I'd seen w/ IBB @ 49 pre-patch. Both QBs were at 70%, both HB1 were right at 4 YPC.

One thing I did see is more penalties than normal--40 YDS for me and 50 YDS for the CPU. This has me wondering if penalty sliders might work differently. Too early to tell, but that's one thing that stood out.

Fatigue seems to work the same post-patch, at least in my game it did. I had it at 1/75 MM/CFM and got the same rotations I normally get.

In short, nothing looked broken in my first test run, so that may be a good sign for your set.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #3112
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well....took all of about 15 minutes to go back to the OP setup...lol. I'm still going to explore the gameplay assists more...but the MM fatigue/injury and CFM IBB will be staying at the OP values for the foreseeable future.

I'm in agreement with TM, penalties may be a bit better based on a small sample size (~1 quarter, where I saw 4 total...including 2 holding calls). They seem to be more in-line before that MUT patch dropped just before MaddenBowl.

At the very least, the patch didn't "hurt" anything....to be frank, that's a huge "win" for us.

(Oh yeah roadman....going 50/50 subs or even the default 49/50 in CFM is a major issue for sure...amazed you even got through a game with that setup...lol )

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-14-2017 at 09:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »