JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 391 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-15-2017, 10:51 PM   #3121
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

man the sacks are rampant after they nerfed oline play
Old 02-15-2017, 11:17 PM   #3122
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
man the sacks are rampant after they nerfed oline play
Care to elaborate as to what you're seeing that might be leading to that?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:40 PM   #3123
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

I play as my hometown Falcons, and while we made it to the Super Bowl irl this year, our defense didn't really do much until the playoffs. However in Madden, I have had a hard time fearing opposing offenses and even top tier offenses like the Saints struggle to get any offense going against my defense, and that's after losing Vic Beasley to an injury during Week 2. Any time the CPU offense puts anything together, the QB holds on to the ball too long in the pocket and takes a sack. I have tallied 16 sacks in 3 games already, and I haven't seen the CPU take many deep shots down the field, even with the updated schemes.

PSN: xNobleEaglex

Last edited by xNobleEaglex; 02-15-2017 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #3124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Care to elaborate as to what you're seeing that might be leading to that?
Basically, they nerfed oline pass blocking because it was just OP in MUT and people weren't spending money on them. So now you are seeing a lot more quick blockshed and sack if your T or G has a low pass block rating. This change makes sense, and you can actually rush four, sit back and watch your guys get coverage sacks if their rating dictates it.

But on the other hand, we're playing against AI QBs who are borderline ********. They don't get the ball out as quickly as we do. Their timing of attacking the gaps in zone coverage is way off. So when they decide to "suck" during a game, man oh man the sacks start coming in quick.

I just started a new CFM with the 49ers and played the Rams in year 2. My Dline wasn't exactly all-pro - Aaron Lynch, Arik Armstead, Quinton Dial, and Deforest Buckner (I switched to a 4-3 front, play mostly 46 defense). Granted, the Rams oline is terrible, and it's Jared Goff... but I got 8 sacks on him without blitzing from 6 different dlinemen! Next game vs the Seahawks, I got 3 coverage sacks and 1 from blitzing my SS. Their oline wasn't that much better than the Rams, but then it's not like my dline was "elite" either, and my DBs suck :/

Let me see if I get the same result vs a better oline next time.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:50 PM   #3125
Rookie

But I should also mention that my QB was getting the crap knocked out of him vs good dline. My god, you should see how quickly Aaron Donald beats my rookie guard. Very nice to see
Old 02-16-2017, 12:21 AM   #3126
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Basically, they nerfed oline pass blocking because it was just OP in MUT and people weren't spending money on them. So now you are seeing a lot more quick blockshed and sack if your T or G has a low pass block rating. This change makes sense, and you can actually rush four, sit back and watch your guys get coverage sacks if their rating dictates it.

But on the other hand, we're playing against AI QBs who are borderline ********. They don't get the ball out as quickly as we do. Their timing of attacking the gaps in zone coverage is way off. So when they decide to "suck" during a game, man oh man the sacks start coming in quick.

I just started a new CFM with the 49ers and played the Rams in year 2. My Dline wasn't exactly all-pro - Aaron Lynch, Arik Armstead, Quinton Dial, and Deforest Buckner (I switched to a 4-3 front, play mostly 46 defense). Granted, the Rams oline is terrible, and it's Jared Goff... but I got 8 sacks on him without blitzing from 6 different dlinemen! Next game vs the Seahawks, I got 3 coverage sacks and 1 from blitzing my SS. Their oline wasn't that much better than the Rams, but then it's not like my dline was "elite" either, and my DBs suck :/

Let me see if I get the same result vs a better oline next time.
OK....first, the info is much more helpful than your first post; thank you. Second, please stop with the "it's because of MUT" stuff; it serves no productive purpose. The reality is that lineplay needed work and the change benefits the game overall....ratings should matter and now they matter more. THIS IS A GOOD THING!

You're running a 46 defense with some solid guys with good physical skills and going up against a bad O-line and a rookie QB...yup, it happens. The 'Hawks also have a bad O-line...so yeah...again, not worried.

You're absolutely correct about the CPU getting rid of the ball on-time. I've noticed that too and am already looking at adjustments which frankly address both concerns.

Changes are not going to happen overnight. To everyone: Let's keep the constructive comments coming and we can make the minor adjustments necessary to accommodate this patch much sooner.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2017, 01:05 AM   #3127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....first, the info is much more helpful than your first post; thank you. Second, please stop with the "it's because of MUT" stuff; it serves no productive purpose. The reality is that lineplay needed work and the change benefits the game overall....ratings should matter and now they matter more. THIS IS A GOOD THING!

You're running a 46 defense with some solid guys with good physical skills and going up against a bad O-line and a rookie QB...yup, it happens. The 'Hawks also have a bad O-line...so yeah...again, not worried.

You're absolutely correct about the CPU getting rid of the ball on-time. I've noticed that too and am already looking at adjustments which frankly address both concerns.

Changes are not going to happen overnight. To everyone: Let's keep the constructive comments coming and we can make the minor adjustments necessary to accommodate this patch much sooner.

Thanks!
Sorry, my first post came while I was playing and yeah it served no purpose. I mentioned MUT because it's literally the reason they made the change (straight from the dev's mouth). But it's moot. In the end it's a a good change that affects all aspect of the game. It's just the AI QB play that plagues the game flow. I think if they manage to fix that next year, M18 will be very good.

For the record, I wasn't complaining about your sliders. It's probably the best out of everything I've tried... just making an observation post-patch
Old 02-16-2017, 01:27 AM   #3128
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Sorry, my first post came while I was playing and yeah it served no purpose. I mentioned MUT because it's literally the reason they made the change (straight from the dev's mouth). But it's moot. In the end it's a a good change that affects all aspect of the game. It's just the AI QB play that plagues the game flow. I think if they manage to fix that next year, M18 will be very good.

For the record, I wasn't complaining about your sliders. It's probably the best out of everything I've tried... just making an observation post-patch
No harm done....but I get very sensitive in this thread about discussing certain topics as they tend to de-rail things....we'll just leave it at that

I agree that the QB AI needs help (it has taken a step back from M16....probably the only area of the game that has regressed). Your observations do jive with what I have been seeing (to a degree) and I appreciate that you posted them. I absolutely take no offense to constructive comments, particularly right after the patch....we NEED that feedback.

As it is with all of the slider threads, I'm now confident that a couple of tweaks will be needed to the OP and I believe I have already made strides to get things re-balanced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »