JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 392 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-16-2017, 09:48 AM   #3129
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No harm done....but I get very sensitive in this thread about discussing certain topics as they tend to de-rail things....we'll just leave it at that

I agree that the QB AI needs help (it has taken a step back from M16....probably the only area of the game that has regressed). Your observations do jive with what I have been seeing (to a degree) and I appreciate that you posted them. I absolutely take no offense to constructive comments, particularly right after the patch....we NEED that feedback.

As it is with all of the slider threads, I'm now confident that a couple of tweaks will be needed to the OP and I believe I have already made strides to get things re-balanced.
The game is feeling so much better, feel the cpu can beat me again, but I agree the only thing holding game back from being one of the best, is cpu qb decision making.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 02-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #3130
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

If I see one more time the CPU QB PA pass on third on long when I'm blitzing,...................
Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #3131
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If I see one more time the CPU QB PA pass on third on long when I'm blitzing,...................
FWIW, I went back to custom PBs, which are not hard to set up logistically, and which entirely eliminate this problem. On PS4, Sabo has really good ones for offense and Phins-something has good ones for defense. On XBO, Vannwolfhawk has really good ones for O and D, though you need to take some verts out manually.

Doing this helps a ton.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #3132
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
FWIW, I went back to custom PBs, which are not hard to set up logistically, and which entirely eliminate this problem. On PS4, Sabo has really good ones for offense and Phins-something has good ones for defense. On XBO, Vannwolfhawk has really good ones for O and D, though you need to take some verts out manually.

Doing this helps a ton.

Road I second what TM says..makes huge difference..also defensive side of the ball as well..only issue I have with customs D books..is I can't use on offense any "overloaded" plays..because for some reason the books I created always default to "nickel" plays when I use an overloaded offensive front..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 02-16-2017, 11:31 AM   #3133
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
But I should also mention that my QB was getting the crap knocked out of him vs good dline. My god, you should see how quickly Aaron Donald beats my rookie guard. Very nice to see
I'm glad this is actually happening! Now players like Donald and Watt can actually be a 1 man wrecking crew lol.

On the subject of Oline vs Dline, keep an eye out for the Olineman completely whiffing on blocks from time to time. Video was posted on the main forum, patch update thread.

I'm really liking title update 1.10 so far.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:18 PM   #3134
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I'm glad this is actually happening! Now players like Donald and Watt can actually be a 1 man wrecking crew lol.

On the subject of Oline vs Dline, keep an eye out for the Olineman completely whiffing on blocks from time to time. Video was posted on the main forum, patch update thread.

I'm really liking title update 1.10 so far.
I may be in the minority, but I actually like to see the whiffs. I have seen it prior to the patch with certain settings....to me, it is like the dlineman getting a good jump.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #3135
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I may be in the minority, but I actually like to see the whiffs. I have seen it prior to the patch with certain settings....to me, it is like the dlineman getting a good jump.
What I like the best about it, is,
it forces the user to actually have to look for the rush, and have to either step up in the pocket, step left or right, or escape the pocket all together. So it's not a predictable outcome from play to play.
If ratings are driving these whiffs, I'm all for it.
The pocket is much more alive with this update imo
Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #3136
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm going to just be 100% transparent here.

Barring something truly earth-shattering happening, this will be the last patch I install for M17. I am going to be disabling auto-updates and moving ahead with this patch. I didn't do this last year and a late online-centric patch really jacked things. I feel like EA did a terrific job adding back-in some sim elements that were badly needed....I refuse to lose them.

What this means is that this will be the last patch that I will be doing slider adjustments for (again, barring the introduction of a much better patch...which this late in the cycle, I doubt will happen). I know many of you play both online/offline, but I am strictly an offline player and at some stage, I have to look out for my own desires too.

So, consider this to be fair warning!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »