JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 394 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #3145
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwhatwhat
I for one do not know how to stop updates on Xbox one without going offline ultimately. If someone out there could run me through it quick like. ��

Thanks for all the work JoshC! And for this suggestion to halt updates after this one...
You can't individualize by game on Xbox either as far as I know. To disable automatic updates go to:

Settings>All Settings>Power & startup>Power mode & startup>Then uncheck "Keep my console, games, & apps up to date"

This should do it. You'll have to update everything manually now however. Even system updates.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Last edited by tdawg3782; 02-17-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:22 AM   #3146
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Funny thing just happen to me, Not slider related just thought i'd share it.

Playing my first game with this new patch, to start the second half i'm kicking off and I get called for illegal touching. My kicker animation shows he completely misses the ball on the kick off, so the ball still on the kicking Tee and he is now in front of the ball and then the ball launches off he Tee hits my kicker in the butt and the ball flies backwards LOL

P.S Josh and gang thanks for all your hard work on the sliders they are awesome

Last edited by ulua; 02-19-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:00 PM   #3147
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Funny thing just happen to me, Not slider related just thought i'd share it.

Playing my first game with this new patch, to start the second half i'm kicking off and I get called for illegal touching. My kicker animation shows he completely misses the ball on the kick off, so the ball still on the kicking Tee and he is now in front of the ball and then the ball launches off he Tee hits my kicker in the butt and the ball flies backwards LOL

P.S Josh and gang thanks for all your hard work on the sliders they are awesome
Lies that didn't happen, sounds like something straight out a movie. LOL!!

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #3148
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK....so I've been rather quiet the last few days. This patch has been both a blessing and a curse. What is making this patch difficult to assess is that the lineplay reflects ratings SO much better, that there is an inherent variability overall...this is a beautiful thing but also makes observation critical in understanding why something trends a certain way. This basically means that any stat-based observations from a sample size smaller than 4-8 games is completely meaningless.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty much impossible to totally jack the gameplay; but the old set just doesn't play the same. The issues:
  • 49 IBB is causing more issues than it helps. EA did a tremendous job on the lineplay with this patch (it is EASILY the best it has ever been). At default, linemen get to the second level well, there is a dynamic push, etc. At 49, they push too far upfield and/or release too quickly...it de-syncs things too much. Solution: CFM IBB back to default
  • Ballhawk "on" is leading to CPU QB hesitancy and checkdowns. Pretty self-explanatory. Solution: turn it "off".
  • With ballhawk "off", this just causes some oddities in pursuit...Solution: turn the other assists "off".
  • CPU RBs just not running hard...the dynamicism we were seeing is just not there. It took me a while, but realized the issue was the MM injury/fatigue sliders at 1...they are functioning differently. Solution: Set to either 0/0 or the default 10/50.
As I adjust to this patch, it is clear to me, that you could fire-up a fresh profile on AP, adjust your quarter length, turn off assists, set CFM autosubs to 60/80 and get a terrific gameplay experience. Now, I also like what I have seen from setting MM injury/fatigue to 0/0; I think it is a bit less "warpy" and "suctiony". Until we can build-up some meaningful sample size, I am leaving these two options to personal preference (and honestly, I have no idea which way I will go....). The updated setup is below....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (226.9 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #3149
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

As always, thank you Josh for taking the time to test things and provide the details of why you make the changes you do! Hoping to finally be able to get some playing time in tonight and tomorrow, my first action since the patch dropped.

Golden Domers: A Fighting Irish Dynasty
Old 02-19-2017, 06:27 PM   #3150
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

thanks. for CFM autosubs do you mean 1/0 ?
Old 02-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #3151
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotterB33
thanks. for CFM autosubs do you mean 1/0 ?
????

Not sure where you got that....CFM autosubs are 60/80 as always.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:53 PM   #3152
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
????

Not sure where you got that....CFM autosubs are 60/80 as always.
In your last paragraph you talked about CFM Autosubs being 60/80 and in the next sentence you said that you liked what you saw at 0/0. I don't think he realised that you were referring to Injuries /Fatigue rather than Autosubs

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »