Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 PM   #3185
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Josh I really like the way AP default plays but my run game is a little to good for my liking, I have a decent O line and my RB's are average at best and the CPU just cant stop me.... and I don't cheese. Do you have a suggestion that could help me solve this problem? I DO NOT want to adjust game play sliders. On a side note I would like your opinion on a setup I have tried (following off some of your ideas) and it seems to help the issue. My profile is AP the MM difficulty is AP but my CFM is AM, I have fatigue and Injuries both at 0 and all assist off with IBB @ 50.... what type of game play should I expect and what advice could you give to help me further if I cant find a AP setup to slow my run game? Thanks
Couple quick questions. Who are your HBs, how many games have you played with his most recent set, how many yards are we talking about? May be able to help with that info.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #3186
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Couple quick questions. Who are your HBs, how many games have you played with his most recent set, how many yards are we talking about? May be able to help with that info.

I have played 8 games (recent setup), my backs are Curtis Artis Payne (72 Ovr) and Mike Davis (73 Ovr)....my starter usually gains 165 to 195 a game a few games have been over 200. Don't get me wrong some times the CPU plays the run very well and I get encouraged but I almost always break a big one or two of 50 plus yards.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:57 PM   #3187
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I have played 8 games (recent setup), my backs are Curtis Artis Payne (72 Ovr) and Mike Davis (73 Ovr)....my starter usually gains 165 to 195 a game a few games have been over 200. Don't get me wrong some times the CPU plays the run very well and I get encouraged but I almost always break a big one or two of 50 plus yards.
Well damn. I don't know what to say there. I'm using the 49ers and I have a hell of a time running. In my other cfm I'm pretty deep in a Saints CFM and have a stud HB and do really good with him.

Not 100% sure how Josh plays but I usually don't audible, line adjust, do hot route blocking, and rarely flip plays. Not saying you do but maybe that's where the difference is in what we are seeing.

Only other thing is to triple check you have the settings in correctly. I'll have to let Josh throw out some ideas for you. Sorry bro.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:16 PM   #3188
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Josh I really like the way AP default plays but my run game is a little to good for my liking, I have a decent O line and my RB's are average at best and the CPU just cant stop me.... and I don't cheese. Do you have a suggestion that could help me solve this problem? I DO NOT want to adjust game play sliders. On a side note I would like your opinion on a setup I have tried (following off some of your ideas) and it seems to help the issue. My profile is AP the MM difficulty is AP but my CFM is AM, I have fatigue and Injuries both at 0 and all assist off with IBB @ 50.... what type of game play should I expect and what advice could you give to help me further if I cant find a AP setup to slow my run game? Thanks
It is not enough to say it is too easy, but a) what does that really mean and b) what is happening on the field that is making it "too easy"? Lots of factors here, such as OL holding their blocks too long or getting too much of a "push" when matchups don't dictate it; LBs running into blocks (i.e. too much "react", not enough "read"; LB pursuit not ideal based on ratings, too many broken tackles, etc.). I can go on for a while, but I think you could see where I am going with this....

So, my challenge to you is to diagnose (based on what you are seeing on the field) where your "issue" stems from. Only with that understanding can I offer any meaningful advice on a specific value to adjust that will possibly help you out.

Now...this is the same series of questions I ask myself when I go through and develop a slider set. If you focus on the animations/reactions in combination with the ratings, you can't go wrong; but it sometimes takes some trial and error to find the best solution that doesn't bork everything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now....if you want to go with a split AM/AP setup, then I would suggest you check out KingV2k3's blog here on OS. He has a setup that is a "cross" between my work and his own (with no gameplay slider adjustments).
Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #3189
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Well damn. I don't know what to say there. I'm using the 49ers and I have a hell of a time running. In my other cfm I'm pretty deep in a Saints CFM and have a stud HB and do really good with him.

Not 100% sure how Josh plays but I usually don't audible, line adjust, do hot route blocking, and rarely flip plays. Not saying you do but maybe that's where the difference is in what we are seeing.

Only other thing is to triple check you have the settings in correctly. I'll have to let Josh throw out some ideas for you. Sorry bro.

Thanks for the reply I do not do any of the things that you suggested like I said there are portions of the game where the computer plays The Run extremely well and there are those occasions that are happening way too often where I break one and my yardage per carry becomes ridiculously stupid
Old 02-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #3190
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It is not enough to say it is too easy, but a) what does that really mean and b) what is happening on the field that is making it "too easy"? Lots of factors here, such as OL holding their blocks too long or getting too much of a "push" when matchups don't dictate it; LBs running into blocks (i.e. too much "react", not enough "read"; LB pursuit not ideal based on ratings, too many broken tackles, etc.). I can go on for a while, but I think you could see where I am going with this....

So, my challenge to you is to diagnose (based on what you are seeing on the field) where your "issue" stems from. Only with that understanding can I offer any meaningful advice on a specific value to adjust that will possibly help you out.

Now...this is the same series of questions I ask myself when I go through and develop a slider set. If you focus on the animations/reactions in combination with the ratings, you can't go wrong; but it sometimes takes some trial and error to find the best solution that doesn't bork everything else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now....if you want to go with a split AM/AP setup, then I would suggest you check out KingV2k3's blog here on OS. He has a setup that is a "cross" between my work and his own (with no gameplay slider adjustments).
I guess the best way I could describe it is my offensive line holding blocks a touch too long and the defensive line or linebackers for the computer are not shedding blocks quick enough once I'm an open field it's usually a long score... it drives me nuts because I love the way the rest of the set up plays it's been this one lingering issue that I cannot resolve any help would be appreciated thanks Josh
Old 02-23-2017, 10:38 PM   #3191
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I guess the best way I could describe it is my offensive line holding blocks a touch too long and the defensive line or linebackers for the computer are not shedding blocks quick enough once I'm an open field it's usually a long score... it drives me nuts because I love the way the rest of the set up plays it's been this one lingering issue that I cannot resolve any help would be appreciated thanks Josh
I assumed that would be your response. My guess is that it is the mm injury slider, but that does affect other gameplay areas. You should look to lower it, no idea how far down will work for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2017, 01:39 AM   #3192
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's funny b/c
I'm having the opposite issue. My Oline gets pushed around and the can't hold blocks very well. I get tackled in the backfield on the regular. It's not me hitting turbo or anything either. I could go back to the OOTB version and run for more than 2.0 ypc.

Just curious to know what your Oline grades are?
Mine are
LT: B
LG: C+
C: C+
RG: C+
RT: B

I'm getting whooped up the middle most of the time. Passing and running now.
It's frustrating but then I see my young teams ratings, along w/ the low awarness and it doesn't seem so unreal lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »