JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 416 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #3321
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Welcome aboard.

First of all, is it a one game sample size only?

Looks about right, Matty Ice hitting 72% and McCoy hitting 66%.

As the OP strongly suggests, 6 to 8 games before you will be able to tell if these sliders are for you.

If you need more of a challenge, sounds like AM is the way to go for you.
Thanks for the welcome and suggestion. I'm one of those people on the bridge of AP and AM, and I find a lot of the challenge in AM artificial so that's why I was looking for a realistic AP slider. So far I think I have gotten the groove in with the sliders and I like it much more than what I expected since it's mostly default. I guess what bothered me before was the other redskins qb hitting 75% and 3 tds 0 int since he looks like a nobody and I built the #1 defense.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #3322
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB12
I'll be honest, not really feeling these sliders.

I played only offense and man was the ai defense god awful. Threw and ran over them the whole time, same thing happened to my simmed defense as well.

There were about 5 injuries just in this game from both teams: devonte freeman, Muhammad Sanu sr, Austin hooper, and colt McCoy, and someone else from the redskins. Injury slider is WAY too high as it has always been at 50.

The CFM injury slider IS at 50...it is CFM fatigue that is at 65. Sounds like you may have entered the sliders wrong....50 injury is too low from an injury perspective....but anything higher causes too many in CPU simmed games....so sadly, we can't go any higher.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-11-2017 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #3323
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan25
If u wait a couple games will the cpu stop throwing every pass to tes
I don't see issues...but I vary coverage calls, shade my safeties, shift line/LB around, etc.. But, since you aren't actually playing, who knows...totally different dynamic.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #3324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The CFM injury slider IS at 50...it is CFM fatigue that is at 65. Sounds like you may have entered the sliders wrong....50 injury is too low from an injury perspective....but anything higher causes too many in CPU simmed games....so sadly, we can't go any higher.
That was an awful way to word it. I meant that the injury slider, at 50 as default, has always been too high IMO. Like that game where five starters got injured, or one season where I had 3 running backs injured in the preseason. The NFL will never be consistent (just look at the chargers and bears this year and how many injuries they had) so season damaging injuries do occur but I feel that it is a little high at that rate.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:09 PM   #3325
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm really enjoying these latest slider updates, thanks Josh! I have some insight for those having trouble with defense.

- I'm in year 4 of my Rams franchise, and have probably spent another 4-5 years tinkering with different franchises. This is an offensive version of Madden. In my current Rams season, 6 teams were averaging over 30 points a game (that has since dropped to 3), and 21 QB's had ratings over 100. These sliders really play out close to simmed games (which is awesome btw), so keep this in mind.

- My theory as to why the above is happening - the WR/CB talent differential is massive. I've done over 10 drafts, and in each class the quality of WR's was a lot higher than the quality of CB's. I have only seen 2 draftable CB's past the first round actually. I'm ok with this, the NFL is constantly evolving. But, if the AI is passing all over you check out the WR ratings vs. your CB's. Try to draft a CB whenever you can.

- Don't use coach suggestions for plays. I have no proof, but I believe the AI adapts to these plays a lot faster.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #3326
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Thought I would provide an update as to what I have been up to on the Madden front...nothing slider related.

I'm bored with stock rosters and I ran out of "what if?" ideas based around current rosters. So, I went down the fantasy draft pathway. The problem with fantasy drafts, they just make things feel like a random hodgepodge of players....no real team identities.

So this is what I did....
  • I executed a fantasy draft and let the CPU pick all the players.
  • I selected the two worst teams (1 per conference), dropped all of their starting players and filled the roster spots with scrubs. This did two things; a) gave me two "expansion" teams and b) gave me a pool of players.
  • I then evaluated all of the teams and made note of weaknesses/strengths. One team had studs everywhere on offense except QB. One team was loaded in the front seven except for a stud DT. One team was awful on offense except for a stud QB. One team had an loaded secondary in the top 4 guys, but lacked a solid 3rd corner.
  • I then took control of the teams and addressed those observations either by FA signings or trades.
  • I then adjusted all teams to generic PBs and adjusted their offensive/defensive schemes.
  • Finally, I retired all the coaches (except commish) and saved the file as a "base".
The end result was a league with a true variety of teams...a couple of true stud teams, some great on just one side of the ball, some mediocre, and then those sad expansion teams. This got me fully-vested in this league and I feel it is something of my own. I selected a team to roll with for a CFM and saved it as a new file.

Now I am off and rolling...my own new version of the NFL...unencumbered by "Real life" and expectations of a real life league which has been wallowing in its own mediocrity since its downhill spiral began in the late 90s.

I fully expect to continue my own manipulation of the league as I go, not to my own advantage, but in an effort to allow the league to develop its own unique 'flavor' (player editing is such a godsend here). At the end of the day, this is what I have wanted all along, to create my own "little world"...one that I care about, one that I am invested in, and one that is fun to play in....
Old 03-13-2017, 10:43 PM   #3327
Pro

What if you had the assists on in the main menu but off in the franchise, Would it affect the gameplay?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #3328
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
What if you had the assists on in the main menu but off in the franchise, Would it affect the gameplay?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Can't. No matter where you set them they are the same in both areas.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »