Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM   #3377
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Not to speak for Josh, but if it's a "new" coach, I just base it off the original coach's playbook that they have. So if they have Ind-Pagano, I just give them the offense Josh has listed for the Colts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-26-2017, 07:11 PM   #3378
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Not to speak for Josh, but if it's a "new" coach, I just base it off the original coach's playbook that they have. So if they have Ind-Pagano, I just give them the offense Josh has listed for the Colts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
That's one approach...the other is to look at personnel and find the best 'fit'....no right or wrong way to do it....
Old 03-27-2017, 12:48 AM   #3379
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is something simple for the those that are saying the game is too easy.

Not too long ago when Josh was still testing and tweaking things I believe he said the injury slider acts like a try harder slider, the higher it was the more effort the player appeared to give.

I have struggled in CFM with winning and dominating games I should not be doing so considering I use the 49ers and their roster sucks! I was shutting down the run too easily and running the ball easily as well.

I tried adjusting the MM injury slider up 10 points to 20 and found the CPU was harder to stop and they were stopping me more consistently also. It is worth a shot as it is a small tweak.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #3380
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
This is something simple for the those that are saying the game is too easy.

Not too long ago when Josh was still testing and tweaking things I believe he said the injury slider acts like a try harder slider, the higher it was the more effort the player appeared to give.

I have struggled in CFM with winning and dominating games I should not be doing so considering I use the 49ers and their roster sucks! I was shutting down the run too easily and running the ball easily as well.

I tried adjusting the MM injury slider up 10 points to 20 and found the CPU was harder to stop and they were stopping me more consistently also. It is worth a shot as it is a small tweak.
I totally agree with the injury slider acting like the "try hard" slider, the only problem is both O lines seem to get a boost when you raise it... so if your run game was a little over powering at 10 it will become stronger the higher you go. I had some of the same issues people have posted about on the AP set too, so I went to AM default with Josh's set up with a few tweaks. I turned all assist "off", put injury slider at 2 and kept IBB at 49 and the game plays straight up nasty. I also use QB edits for HUM.... I think default 50 is to accurate for my taste. I refuse to adjust game play sliders and penalties so editing my QB has done the trick. On a side note injury slider at 3 with all assists "on" plays tight too but I prefer it at 2 with them "off". I'm not trying to hijack Josh's thread just thought I would put this out there so if others may want to try it.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM   #3381
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I totally agree with the injury slider acting like the "try hard" slider, the only problem is both O lines seem to get a boost when you raise it... so if your run game was a little over powering at 10 it will become stronger the higher you go. I had some of the same issues people have posted about on the AP set too, so I went to AM default with Josh's set up with a few tweaks. I turned all assist "off", put injury slider at 2 and kept IBB at 49 and the game plays straight up nasty. I also use QB edits for HUM.... I think default 50 is to accurate for my taste. I refuse to adjust game play sliders and penalties so editing my QB has done the trick. On a side note injury slider at 3 with all assists "on" plays tight too but I prefer it at 2 with them "off". I'm not trying to hijack Josh's thread just thought I would put this out there so if others may want to try it.
First of all, I don't consider this a hijack at all....you've made a logical adjustment which adheres to the basic tenants of this set/thread. Thank you for sharing this....

I've been toying with something similar and I agree that am will be playable at a lower mm injury value. You are also correct about the oline getting a boost the higher you go on mm injury...

Question: have you kept the other settings the same as op aside from difficulty at all madden in both mm and CFM, injury at 2 (I.e. you are keeping the speed settings at normal/slow)? I want to be sure I am using the same setup....if I like what I see, I can add it as an alternate setup...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #3382
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
First of all, I don't consider this a hijack at all....you've made a logical adjustment which adheres to the basic tenants of this set/thread. Thank you for sharing this....

I've been toying with something similar and I agree that am will be playable at a lower mm injury value. You are also correct about the oline getting a boost the higher you go on mm injury...

Question: have you kept the other settings the same as op aside from difficulty at all madden in both mm and CFM, injury at 2 (I.e. you are keeping the speed settings at normal/slow)? I want to be sure I am using the same setup....if I like what I see, I can add it as an alternate setup...
Sorry forgot to mention I use AM AM AM set up, I tried AP AP AM and found similar problems with HUM run game and pass game.... you would be a better judge on how to tweak that set up. Never noticed you adjusted speed LOL, I'm rolling with normal.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #3383
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

The mm injury slider makes a big difference. I have mine set at 50 using AM. For whatever reason anything less than 50 for me, the CPU plays soft in the 4th quarter. They start throwing screen passes and run the ball on 3rd&10 when behind. At 50 the CPU tries to regain the lead or tries to put you away, it plays smart. Whatever set I'm using, default or not, I see a difference with that slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #3384
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
The mm injury slider makes a big difference. I have mine set at 50 using AM. For whatever reason anything less than 50 for me, the CPU plays soft in the 4th quarter. They start throwing screen passes and run the ball on 3rd&10 when behind. At 50 the CPU tries to regain the lead or tries to put you away, it plays smart. Whatever set I'm using, default or not, I see a difference with that slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting observations....a bit counter to my experiences on ap...a '4th quarter fade' though is typically more fatigue-related...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »