JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 424 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-27-2017, 12:41 PM   #3385
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
The mm injury slider makes a big difference. I have mine set at 50 using AM. For whatever reason anything less than 50 for me, the CPU plays soft in the 4th quarter. They start throwing screen passes and run the ball on 3rd&10 when behind. At 50 the CPU tries to regain the lead or tries to put you away, it plays smart. Whatever set I'm using, default or not, I see a difference with that slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting observations....a bit counter to my experiences on ap...a '4th quarter fade' though is typically more fatigue-related...
Old 03-27-2017, 12:42 PM   #3386
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Sorry forgot to mention I use AM AM AM set up, I tried AP AP AM and found similar problems with HUM run game and pass game.... you would be a better judge on how to tweak that set up. Never noticed you adjusted speed LOL, I'm rolling with normal.
Interesting indeed...thanks for the clarifications...I'm curious though if going slower on the game speed will provide more inaccuracy....Flazko swears by slow speed for all madden.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:16 PM   #3387
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Interesting indeed...thanks for the clarifications...I'm curious though if going slower on the game speed will provide more inaccuracy....Flazko swears by slow speed for all madden.
Not sure what speed would do, I never tried it but now I'm a bit curious too. The reason I went AM AM AM was do to the MM injury slider, on AP AP AM I had to move the MM injury slider up to 5 or 6 and I saw AM rear its ugly head.... Robo QB and HB's trucking DL ect. I feel with AM AM AM set up the MM injury slider cut off is 3, anything higher the ratings don't matter as much and the CPU plays unrealistic IMO. For example I have 4 solid O Lineman with 1 rookie and I can tell you the 4 vets play very well and the rookie gets beat like a drum every so often like he should. I really like this set and have been having a blast winning and loosing but not feeling cheated.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #3388
Rookie

Elway7's Arena

Playing on "Fast", is better IMO. RB's hit the holes better and utilize there moves more effectively.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:02 PM   #3389
Rookie

OVR: 2

I tried this new setup of AM/AM/AM & MM INJ at 3. I began by deleting my profile and starting fresh. Everything else set exactly as the OP setup. After 4 games (the same game each time) I saw too much AM craziness in favor of the CPU. After many plays where I felt there might be something amiss, I went back and reviewed the play to see what precisely happened. All too often I saw some form of visual "morphing".

A prime example of this "morphing" is when I saw an INT by the CPU. Something didn't look right so I went back and reviewed the play. I was able to see the ball pass right through the WR's hands and into the DB's hands, which were directly behind the WR's hands. The ball actually passed through the WR's hands, no doubt about it. I had not seen this before, ever.

There are plenty of other examples of this on other plays. I've seen the ball travel an unnatural path from the CPU QB's hands so as to make a completion, CPU defenders have magical awareness of the ball and make last second plays when they could not have known the ball was coming. I've seen mid rated CPU D-lineman throw aside a higher rated O-Lineman, even though they had no leverage and were off balance, just as the ballcarrier was passing through an opening.

The list goes on. For me AM is unplayable. BTW I'm playing on xBox 1.

I appreciate all the effort and sharing, but I just cannot find that 1 setup that makes M17 both challenging and enjoyable. Hopefully my experience is for whatever reason unique to me and none of you see this AM craziness.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:59 PM   #3390
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I tried this new setup of AM/AM/AM & MM INJ at 3. I began by deleting my profile and starting fresh. Everything else set exactly as the OP setup. After 4 games (the same game each time) I saw too much AM craziness in favor of the CPU. After many plays where I felt there might be something amiss, I went back and reviewed the play to see what precisely happened. All too often I saw some form of visual "morphing".

A prime example of this "morphing" is when I saw an INT by the CPU. Something didn't look right so I went back and reviewed the play. I was able to see the ball pass right through the WR's hands and into the DB's hands, which were directly behind the WR's hands. The ball actually passed through the WR's hands, no doubt about it. I had not seen this before, ever.

There are plenty of other examples of this on other plays. I've seen the ball travel an unnatural path from the CPU QB's hands so as to make a completion, CPU defenders have magical awareness of the ball and make last second plays when they could not have known the ball was coming. I've seen mid rated CPU D-lineman throw aside a higher rated O-Lineman, even though they had no leverage and were off balance, just as the ballcarrier was passing through an opening.

The list goes on. For me AM is unplayable. BTW I'm playing on xBox 1.

I appreciate all the effort and sharing, but I just cannot find that 1 setup that makes M17 both challenging and enjoyable. Hopefully my experience is for whatever reason unique to me and none of you see this AM craziness.
I hear ya about trying to find a set that is challenging and enjoyable (BTW my MM injury slider is at 2, 3 is a little to unrealistic with assist "off") we are all in the same boat. You could try Josh's suggestion of AP AP AM or lower injury slider to 2, 1 or even 0 and try out assist "on" then try assist "off", a little tweaking and you may find a balance that you like.

Last edited by greed8819; 03-27-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:45 PM   #3391
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I gave the straight am set (with mm injury at 2) a quick shot...not nearly enough for true feedback....but one thing struck me...man is it fast on normal speed. Likely it is because I have been on the same settings so long. My concern is while it creates a higher degree difficulty, it could also lead to animation artifacts (warping, morphing, db glitch, etc.). I will say that the line interactions looked really nice though.

I am not at a point yet where I can offer more than that...but with The Show out....I may not touch this game too much in the immediate future.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:41 PM   #3392
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I gave the straight am set (with mm injury at 2) a quick shot...not nearly enough for true feedback....but one thing struck me...man is it fast on normal speed. Likely it is because I have been on the same settings so long. My concern is while it creates a higher degree difficulty, it could also lead to animation artifacts (warping, morphing, db glitch, etc.). I will say that the line interactions looked really nice though.

I am not at a point yet where I can offer more than that...but with The Show out....I may not touch this game too much in the immediate future.
Yeah I really like the line play, as of now I have not see the DB glitch or warping...morphing does show up once in a while, not sure if it can be fixed though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »