JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 426 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #3401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

How do you see the sliders? Currently that image file is inaccessible.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #3402
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjdragon
How do you see the sliders? Currently that image file is inaccessible.
It's there....just a simple jpeg file.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:00 PM   #3403
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's there....just a simple jpeg file.
I see it when not logged in, but when I'm logged in there is no link at all. Tried on different browsers and got the same result.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:32 PM   #3404
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

I am really enjoying these sliders but a couple of issues I have are that because this is my first Madden in a long time and being fairly new to the sport in general I am not that great of a player so it's took me a while to get used to things.

I throw around four interceptions a game so would you suggest lowering the CPU interceptions?

Also I feel like my guys rarely get open meanwhile the cpu receivers always seem to be wide open as my pass defence is terrible. I was using the Dolphins who have Landry, Parker and Stills. Should I lower pass coverage for this?

I struggle to get any type of run game going and usually only average around 50 yards per game, this was using the Ajayi who is 84 overall. What should I adjust to help me here?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but like I said I am fairly new to this
Old 04-09-2017, 03:13 PM   #3405
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr30
I am really enjoying these sliders but a couple of issues I have are that because this is my first Madden in a long time and being fairly new to the sport in general I am not that great of a player so it's took me a while to get used to things.

I throw around four interceptions a game so would you suggest lowering the CPU interceptions?

Also I feel like my guys rarely get open meanwhile the cpu receivers always seem to be wide open as my pass defence is terrible. I was using the Dolphins who have Landry, Parker and Stills. Should I lower pass coverage for this?

I struggle to get any type of run game going and usually only average around 50 yards per game, this was using the Ajayi who is 84 overall. What should I adjust to help me here?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but like I said I am fairly new to this
As per the concepts of this slider set, I do not recommend making any gameplay slider adjustments...Lowering INTs will really dumb-down the defense overall. I struggle with INTs too, but really make use of all the passing controls (left stick, L1, L2) to aim your throws. You have to anticipate throws like a real QB and make the proper reads (the skills trainer offers really solid overviews of various passing plays). I highly recommend.

As for the run game, check out this thread....some awesome advice here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ame-101-a.html

Hope this helps....and remember, as always, to get as much sample size as possible before worrying
Old 04-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #3406
Rookie

nyr30's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
As per the concepts of this slider set, I do not recommend making any gameplay slider adjustments...Lowering INTs will really dumb-down the defense overall. I struggle with INTs too, but really make use of all the passing controls (left stick, L1, L2) to aim your throws. You have to anticipate throws like a real QB and make the proper reads (the skills trainer offers really solid overviews of various passing plays). I highly recommend.

As for the run game, check out this thread....some awesome advice here.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ame-101-a.html

Hope this helps....and remember, as always, to get as much sample size as possible before worrying
Thanks for the link about the run game

I'm not sure I am good enough to continue without adjusting certain things. I have tried to learn from my mistakes but because I don't know the sport as in depth as many of the members in this forum I struggle sometimes to know what I am doing wrong.

I know it'll be trial and error for me but it can be frustrating, especially when I get lit up by backup quarterbacks.

Last edited by nyr30; 04-09-2017 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #3407
Rookie

OVR: 1

Please tell me what is wrong with this theory 15 min all pro
For the most balanced gameplay for 15 min why or why not

All pro
15 min quarters
15 second runoff
0 threshold
Penalties at 20
Fatigue and inj at 20
Xp at 40
Now for the math

If the default settings are based around 6 min quarters and we go 15 then the difference is 2.5. So 50 penalties, fatigue, and inj, and 100 xp divided by 2.5 brings me to these numbers based on the difference from base game time.

Please give thoughts and feedback on why these numbers do and do not make sense!!

I've been using sliders from this site for years and based on responses from Clint and John from twitter this is where I have ended up

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #3408
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdcore
Please tell me what is wrong with this theory 15 min all pro
For the most balanced gameplay for 15 min why or why not

All pro
15 min quarters
15 second runoff
0 threshold
Penalties at 20
Fatigue and inj at 20
Xp at 40
Now for the math

If the default settings are based around 6 min quarters and we go 15 then the difference is 2.5. So 50 penalties, fatigue, and inj, and 100 xp divided by 2.5 brings me to these numbers based on the difference from base game time.

Please give thoughts and feedback on why these numbers do and do not make sense!!

I've been using sliders from this site for years and based on responses from Clint and John from twitter this is where I have ended up
The game is balanced at All Pro at settings of 50...with the possible exception of fatigue, these settings are completely independent of quarter length.

The math just doesn't work this way...you will completely change the dynamics of the entire game with these changes, will wind up with no penalties called and because of the low injury/fatigue/thresh values, you will wind up in shootouts virtually all the time.

I'll give you credit for creativity, it just won't give you a realistic experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »