JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 43 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Was this game played with the new updates?
Yes it was
Old 08-30-2016, 08:42 AM   #338
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh:

Question:. And i think ive asked this before.....not sure. Are you seeing framrate issues, ie: choppy, jerky or skittish animations, and if so what can we do to make the animation smooth and seamless. This aspect aggravates me to no end and could be a serious deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Old 08-30-2016, 08:47 AM   #339
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It absolutely blows my mind that the gameplay can change from just adjusting the MAIN MENU autosubs, and increasing the penalties by 5 points or so in each category, but not touching the actual gameplay sliders.

Like, I'm blown away. lol

How does this even happen? I figured penalty sliders would just make it so they would call more penalties, not alter the gameplay. And the autosubs thing is crazy. Like, we're not even adjusting the CFM autosubs, but the MM autosubs and that's affecting gameplay??
Cue the Disney music... "A whole new world...."
Old 08-30-2016, 12:09 PM   #340
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
Played a pretty exciting shootout. Lost 40-39.

Browns 39 , Bengals 40
Missed two FG and two PAT
Note: there was a bug where the punts didn't travel more than 20 yards in q3

Prescott 24/45 417 yards 4 TD 3 INT
Dalton 25/36 296 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Elliott (Browns) 21/89 4.2 avg
Peerman (bengals) 17/77 4.5 avg
Dixon (Browns) 4/64
Hewitt (bengals) 1/14

CLE sacked dalton twice. There were several QB hits and pressures but noticeably sticky on many snaps
CIN sacked Prescott zero times

I observed several instances of QB having 9-10 seconds to pass in 4 man rush.

It would still be nice to improve the ability to hurry the QB.

Run game was great stuffed a bunch, dirty yards and a few nice big gainers. Passing game was dynamic. Overall really quite good.
Thanks for testing. Here's the thing. I think some of that 9-10 second in the pocket thing is just the way the game plays. I don't know that we can completely get rid of it. Also, bear in mind that fantasy draft rosters are better optimized for players/coach schemes for the CPU and talent distribution is more even. Not quite an apples-to-oranges comparison for standard franchises....more like tangerines-to-oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
No reasoning at all behind the changes? Were some Auto Subs in MM changed as well?

Did you have a chance to look at turning Heat Seeker and Ballhawk "On"? As others have confirmed, games are actually playing more defensively while on. I am currently testing one "on" while the other is "off" and vice versa.
It's ALL about pass rush and getting proper lineplay (and maybe a couple more penalties). A huge shout out to KingV2k3...most of the penalty adjustments are based on those he shared with me via PM. I was resistant at first, but the key here is the RTP slider...that really amps up the rush for the most part. Michapop9's work on the autosubs helped to better refine things.

I'm starting my "real" franchise tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
It absolutely blows my mind that the gameplay can change from just adjusting the MAIN MENU autosubs, and increasing the penalties by 5 points or so in each category, but not touching the actual gameplay sliders.

Like, I'm blown away. lol

How does this even happen? I figured penalty sliders would just make it so they would call more penalties, not alter the gameplay. And the autosubs thing is crazy. Like, we're not even adjusting the CFM autosubs, but the MM autosubs and that's affecting gameplay??
Trojan Man said it well...a whole new world. And piece of advice....don't take any slider or setting description for Madden at face value. Focus on changing and watching what it actually does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Josh:

Question:. And i think ive asked this before.....not sure. Are you seeing framrate issues, ie: choppy, jerky or skittish animations, and if so what can we do to make the animation smooth and seamless. This aspect aggravates me to no end and could be a serious deal breaker for me.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Just a little bit (but virtually no warping/"skating"....which is way more important to me...because both are god-awful at default). If it gets bad, I think we can tweak it a bit by raising the MM autosub "Out" value - but I really think it is a game issue. Not making any adjustments for little things like this until at least the first big patch comes out....which might refine some of it.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:12 PM   #341
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Cue the Disney music... "A whole new world...."
Annnnnnnd now it's stuck in my head.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #342
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It's ALL about pass rush and getting proper lineplay (and maybe a couple more penalties). A huge shout out to KingV2k3...most of the penalty adjustments are based on those he shared with me via PM. I was resistant at first, but the key here is the RTP slider...that really amps up the rush for the most part.

Wow, that big of a difference from just one click??? Not arguing, just amazes me how sensitive some sliders can be

*Edit* Wait, I see it went up 5 in MM.

Last edited by Rubio809; 08-30-2016 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 PM   #343
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm starting my "real" franchise tonight

May be the sweetest words of all. What team did you decide on?

I have to wait until the rosters drop next week.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:50 PM   #344
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey Josh, so I finally broke down and bought Madden. I'm halfway through a season in franchise mode using your sliders and it has been pretty great actually. The game is essentially already better than last year's Madden using your sliders. This is fantastic considering the game is only a week old versus spending months last year getting Madden to play at a good level.

The most surprising thing for me is how well the D line vs. O line interactions have been. D line play on both sides are solid, I'm seeing a lot of early pressure and pocket collapsing. It might even be TOO powerful for the user, but I'm not ready to make that decision yet based on a small sample size.

The biggest issue is the CPU QB play, which as far as issues go is pretty nice. They either check down too much or they take bad coverage sacks. I'd like to see them force more throws into coverage versus just standing there and eating a sack. They also don't move in the pocket at all, which breaks immersion. Maybe editing QB traits is the way to go?

Shout out to the CPU run game on these sliders. CPU running backs actually run with a purpose this year, it's great to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »