JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 432 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #3449
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Autosubs have a massive gameplay impact (as do the gameplay assist options). If you don't know if a setting affects gameplay, assume it does.

EA calibrated the game on All Pro default (default meaning the assists turned on, CFM autosubs at 49/50, and everything else at default). As you play a few games, it becomes readily apparent that this is how the game was built....and it is quite good.

Just dive-into some regular season games, have some fun, and don't worry about things....let the games play out. As long as you don't cheese, you should have some terrific ratings-driven variety.
I understand what your saying. But I have a hard time enjoying a game when rbs get 30-40 carries and hardly any dt de subs. Ill try for the good gameplay though.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:56 AM   #3450
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
I understand what your saying. But I have a hard time enjoying a game when rbs get 30-40 carries and hardly any dt de subs. Ill try for the good gameplay though.
Look, I feel you on those points..

But, I think it is also important to remember that so much rotation is situational in real life (especially on defense). Using formation subs is a great way to get guys in. Also, for RBs, you could edit the stamina rating. I even have a little thing I will sometimes do with my RBs where I will drop their stamina a few points every time they go over 30 carries....simulating overuse....if they have games where they get a small number of carries, then I will bump their stamina back up (if previously dropped).

I know it isn't ideal....but Madden is all about the sacrifices you are willing to make. But there are lots of other little things you can do to compensate.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:37 PM   #3451
Pro

OVR: 0

One last question. What affect on the gameplay would changing auto subs to 80/60 have? Or changing penalties? If you know, if not guess ill find out lol
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #3452
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
One last question. What affect on the gameplay would changing auto subs to 80/60 have? Or changing penalties? If you know, if not guess ill find out lol
It will completely change the dynamic of the gameplay in every facet. I could write a short novel on madden sliders...and no, I'm not doing that...lol.

Here is my friendly advice to you....I have two sets on my op. Play 4 REGULAR SEASON games with each one...start with the second set, run four games, and then play 4 games with the first set. Make absolutely no changes (changing clock settings is ok though) to either one during the test run....give them both a good feel.

If you really watch how things play out, you will see and feel the differences...then you can decide which one you prefer. If you then want to adjust from there, that is on you...

I know what it is like to have slideritis...but I am thoroughly convinced that this is ultimately the best approach to get ratings based gameplay if you play sim ball.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #3453
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I can't wait to plug the "old" "new ones in, baby.

As Arnold would say, I'm back..........................

Had to take xbox in for repairs(no, not MS, no way, $145 bucks and you don't know what or whose you will receive in a month).

Re-installing Madden as we speak.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:08 PM   #3454
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I can't wait to plug the "old" "new ones in, baby.

As Arnold would say, I'm back..........................

Had to take xbox in for repairs(no, not MS, no way, $145 bucks and you don't know what or whose you will receive in a month).

Re-installing Madden as we speak.
The "As close to Default" ones are on point man. I don't know how Josh does it but man he keeps squeezing more water out of a dry towel. Nothing crazy but it tightens it up just a bit and it is nice.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 04-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #3455
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
I hate to break it to you but there just isn't a way to allow the gameplay you get with these and have your autosubs work too. Autosubs still don't work very well anyway even when adjusted. It would be a dream if they did because that would make things so much easier but alas. As has been mentioned your best bet is to use formation subs and/or situational subs. Are situational subs still in the game? I honestly haven't called my own plays in so long I don't really know. But anyways, a little more effort required but it will give you the results you desire.

Old 04-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #3456
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Sweet run in my last game:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »