Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2017, 12:01 PM   #3465
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
tdawg, how far in are you in CFM?

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Just started year 9.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 12:33 PM   #3466
Pro

OVR: 0

So I played a few games on the close to all pro as it gets. Now ill try the other set as seeing no subs completely infuriates me.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:02 PM   #3467
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
so basically there is a big difference in in-game fatigue (players dont get tired) in the new set as apposed to the first set......

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Yeah, but it's a trade-off for gameplay. To be very frank, the gameplay is SO good in the new set that I don't even care (and that is normally something that bugs me a fair bit).

It's truly unfortunate that EA continues to elect to using 49/50 autosubs in CFM as its default. I've never understood the rationale behind that decision (and I have seen a few things on the boards from devs that suggest it was a conscious decision). Because autosubs have significant gameplay impacts and since EA calibrates the game engine at default AP, that odd little 49/50 autosub setting winds up being critical (same with the gameplay assists being on).

When you play with their true defaults (with just my little tweak of MM speed at slow), you can clearly tell that this is how the game was calibrated. Lots of little things start happening (certain penalties actually being called, much greater variety in player interactions, etc.). I freakin' hate it when people overuse this term in the forums....but it applies here...it is truly an organic experience.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #3468
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
So I played a few games on the close to all pro as it gets. Now ill try the other set as seeing no subs completely infuriates me.
Well...I think you will find the contrast between the two sets to be quite intriguing from a gameplay perspective.

At the end of the day though, it will come down to what you enjoy the most....
Old 04-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #3469
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldan1991
It would infuriate me too, but that didn't happen in the game I played with that set. The defense rotated a lot and Lacy came in for Montgomery a time or two in the game.

I use the feature formation subs a lot too.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:28 PM   #3470
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
LOL...well I think the proverbial towel is now charred and blackened

That MM speed setting of slow just took a pure default setup to the next level by getting that passing game re-synced...but everything else is what EA handed us on a silver platter...it's just that most of us unintentionally decided to take the paper plate. If M18 runs this well at default next year, I won't even need to do sliders....how cool would that be?

...and I love that run by your stud power back...that broken tackle on the LB was just as lifelike as it gets....totally dig it!
well hopefully next year qb accuracy for user is highly reduced. still not much difference between a 70 ovr and a 90...

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 04-19-2017, 05:35 PM   #3471
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

1 other thing....i know before with past sets u stated using tdawgs xp sliders messed up things....is this still the case? have u done any testing with this all defualt aprouch with his xp sliders??

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #3472
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, but it's a trade-off for gameplay. To be very frank, the gameplay is SO good in the new set that I don't even care (and that is normally something that bugs me a fair bit).

It's truly unfortunate that EA continues to elect to using 49/50 autosubs in CFM as its default. I've never understood the rationale behind that decision (and I have seen a few things on the boards from devs that suggest it was a conscious decision). Because autosubs have significant gameplay impacts and since EA calibrates the game engine at default AP, that odd little 49/50 autosub setting winds up being critical (same with the gameplay assists being on).

When you play with their true defaults (with just my little tweak of MM speed at slow), you can clearly tell that this is how the game was calibrated. Lots of little things start happening (certain penalties actually being called, much greater variety in player interactions, etc.). I freakin' hate it when people overuse this term in the forums....but it applies here...it is truly an organic experience.
i hear ya. but im kinda stradling the fence on making the change just because fatigue IS such an important factor in football.... (or any sport for that matter) it could win or cost you a game. It definitely has an impact on how you think, play and coordinate how your going to execute things on the field and from the sidelines. Your original set of sliders are excellent as well, with the fatigue factor in play. i think im gonna stick with those and give you the ultimate kudos for being able to provide us with excellent options! THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK!!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »