JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 448 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #3577
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
The first season of the Vikings CFM was without question the most fun I've had on this generation of consoles (this late in Madden '17's run is crazy). I play straight off the OP. Here are some house rules I use:
***OL Injury generator
***No user catch
***No Switch on Special Teams (coverage)
***I only use the same offensive play once per drive, no matter what
***A laundry list of other competitive maintenance rules gathered from a lengthy summary on Armors OP
***No "Backspin" on punts, ever. Its too easy after a while, and even if you don't get very good at it (and even if your Punter is horrid) you could roll out of bed blind and still be better at punting than the CPU. This can have a temendous effect on field position and thus, momentum and scoring ect....
***Auto Upgrade every 4 weeks
***3/1 in signing my own free agents, meaning I can re-sign 3 and franchise tag 1. And, I only get 2 tries to re-sign them, if they do not agree, I let them go and try to sign them in the off season
***No manipulating draft pick trades (which is way too easy cheezy on this game)

The current Roster update was used, and I turned all XP sliders to 0 until the season was over. After that I use default/100

While this is still a bit unfinished cosmetically, its a good snap shot of a wonderful 4 day weekend pounding out a CFM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Can I ask what the OL Injury Generator is?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #3578
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty White
Can I ask what the OL Injury Generator is?

Basically OL injuries will never happen in a played game because the way Madden works is it has to be an on ball play to generate an injury. So unless you sim some games or play PTM you will never see a OL injury.

The OL Injury Generator is just a way to sim injuries for your OL to make it more on par with the CPU. I don't know the exact way Tony does it but that's the gist of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 04-29-2017, 09:21 PM   #3579
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Basically OL injuries will never happen in a played game because the way Madden works is it has to be an on ball play to generate an injury. So unless you sim some games or play PTM you will never see a OL injury.

The OL Injury Generator is just a way to sim injuries for your OL to make it more on par with the CPU. I don't know the exact way Tony does it but that's the gist of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
I use this:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...generator.html
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #3580
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No doubt....which is why I would never 'officially' recommend it...it's not provable.

We have some people that do, some that don't...the reality is, it likely doesn't matter....but as we know, sports are all full of superstitions...guess this is the virtual version of that

That said, this is madden, with all of the layers of code on top of code...keeping the proverbial pipes flushed can't hurt.
Well put. I surely have my own Madden virtual superstitions. Whatever it takes
to get games in, since that's ultimately what we're all here for.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:49 AM   #3581
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Many thanks for the link, I've started using this now. Cheers

Old 04-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #3582
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ratings matter more. You see far more organic tackle animations. DBs are more oriented towards covering receiver instead of always going for the pick. The pass rush is better and more vibrant. CPU RBs run with far more wiggle and can actually make you miss. QBs play more to style and ratings.

I can go on....every facet of the game is different....
JoshC1977, I've got a killer all-madden set, but I'm soooo tempted to go default all-pro. I just hate having to impose too many house rules. Do you see CPU QBs scrambling, taking deep shots, being inaccurate, etc.? How is the running game? I know you've gone over this all in great detail already, but if u can spare a fellow brother another 5 minutes I'd greatly appreciate it. I've got a CFM ready to go with all of the 2017 rosters updated thru the first three rounds of this year's draft. Most importantly, I've got Beast Mode!!!!
Old 04-30-2017, 10:26 PM   #3583
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
JoshC1977, I've got a killer all-madden set, but I'm soooo tempted to go default all-pro. I just hate having to impose too many house rules. Do you see CPU QBs scrambling, taking deep shots, being inaccurate, etc.? How is the running game? I know you've gone over this all in great detail already, but if u can spare a fellow brother another 5 minutes I'd greatly appreciate it. I've got a CFM ready to go with all of the 2017 rosters updated thru the first three rounds of this year's draft. Most importantly, I've got Beast Mode!!!!
I will say this...I see all of those things...and more. The CPU attack is as good, yet 'humanized' as I have ever seen. With the exception of quarter length, I do strongly recommend trying them out exactly as I have them in my op. Even small changes can have dramatic effects on how the gameplay plays out.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:40 PM   #3584
Pro

Just lost a crazy game. 22-21. 6. 6 turnovers. Per. Team. Wwwhhhhaaaatttt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »