Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM   #3593
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Not to be redundant in asking this, but I just want to make sure that I'm following what you have on the first page precisely. I will leave injuries at 10 in the MM, and then change to 50 in my CFM. Do you see a problem if I set the injury slider to 30 in my CFM while I sim each week of the preseason, and then change it to 50 in my CFM before I play my week 1 game? I don't see this posing an issue, but want your take. Thanks again.
No, you will be fine. I would just do a slider reset (instead of manually changing it back) when you are in week 1.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:42 PM   #3594
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Couple crushing runs by by my HBs. The first one is my stud starter Kashama and the second is my backup Mobley. If you can tell I have a type. Power HB all the way for me.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #3595
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
No, you will be fine. I would just do a slider reset (instead of manually changing it back) when you are in week 1.
Alright man, I'm doing it! I'm turning to the dark side. Default all-pro guy! I'll post results within the next few days. Thanks for your replies and sharing your stuff. #SimMadden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 PM   #3596
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Couple crushing runs by by my HBs. The first one is my stud starter Kashama and the second is my backup Mobley. If you can tell I have a type. Power HB all the way for me.

Good stuff...granted, it isn't as much fun when a big power back does it to you though...lol. (I swear I have nightmares about Blount doing this to me....ugh...).
Old 05-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #3597
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Alright man, I'm doing it! I'm turning to the dark side. Default all-pro guy! I'll post results within the next few days. Thanks for your replies and sharing your stuff. #SimMadden
I will be quite curious as to your take on this...I've gone default (though not nearly to this extreme) for a while. It will be interesting to me to get impressions from someone who has dabbled in the 'black arts' of adjusting gameplay sliders.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 AM   #3598
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I will be quite curious as to your take on this...I've gone default (though not nearly to this extreme) for a while. It will be interesting to me to get impressions from someone who has dabbled in the 'black arts' of adjusting gameplay sliders.
Josh, need your honest take. I'm setting up my CFM today with a 2017 roster. It takes a good hour - hour and a half by the time you delete your profile and set the CFM up, fill your 75-man roster, go through sim'ing the preseason week by week making your roster cuts, etc. Playing with default all-pro, how restrictive are you playing and how many house rules do you impose? I ask bc there's an element of realism and a fine line in doing so when playing sim. For example, most NFL teams run 60-65 offensive plays a game, of which they use about the same 8-10 plays throughout the game; the OC's just run different variations of them or run them out of different formations. NFL teams don't run 30, 40 or even 50 different plays during a game. They literally practice and rehearse a half dozen to a dozen a week in prep for that week's game. So the idea that when playing sim in Madden and not running the same play more than once or twice is unrealistic in itself. Anyway, I don't mean to sound like I'm on a soap box or go off on a tangent. The reason I'm asking is bc I really want to give this default all-pro concept an honest shot; I wouldn't love to stop messing with sliders. I do have a great all-madden set, but I love the idea of making ratings matter and not messing with the true nature of the game. But, I don't want to have to overly handicap myself in doing so. Let me know, and I'll get rolling with your default all-pro set up today.

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 05-04-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #3599
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Josh, need your honest take. I'm setting up my CFM today with a 2017 roster. It takes a good hour - hour and a half by the time you delete your profile and set the CFM up, fill your 75-man roster, go through sim'ing the preseason week by week making your roster cuts, etc. Playing with default all-pro, how restrictive are you playing and how many house rules do you impose? I ask bc there's an element of realism and a fine line in doing so when playing sim. For example, most NFL teams run 60-65 offensive plays a game, of which they use about the same 8-10 plays throughout the game; the OC's just run different variations of them or run them out of different formations. NFL teams don't run 30, 40 or even 50 different plays during a game. They literally practice and rehearse a half dozen to a dozen a week in prep for that week's game. So the idea that when playing sim in Madden and not running the same play more than once or twice is unrealistic in itself. Anyway, I don't mean to sound like I'm on a soap box or go off on a tangent. The reason I'm asking is bc I really want to give this default all-pro concept an honest shot; I wouldn't love to stop messing with sliders. I do have a great all-madden set, but I love the idea of making ratings matter and not messing with the true nature of the game. But, I don't want to have to overly handicap myself in doing so. Let me know, and I'll get rolling with your default all-pro set up today.
Hey man....I'm at the office, so a shorter answer than what I would like to give....

I don't believe in house rules when playing. I don't do the 'no switch' or 'only run a play once per drive' sort of stuff (I use the total control passing, I use the various WR catch buttons, and I situationally use the other various controls to play the game. I am in total agreement with you about the structuring of gameplans and so on. That said, I do feel that the game's programming struggles with mesh and crossing routes to a degree...while not "easy" per se with this setup, they can be exploitable, so I watch it there. I also minimize the use of route audibles to situations where a real QB would use them (I see lots of guys online call like 4 different audibles EVERY SINGLE PLAY....ugh...)

I think play 'style' is far more critical....manifesting itself primarily with the user passing game....

I follow the real-life NFL adage that if a WR has a half-step to a step on the defender, he is open. More than that and he is "wide open". If my primary receiver is "open" as described above (without obvious safety help), I am throwing the ball to him. I will use the total control passing to get him the ball. I see way too many people in streams consistently bypass their primaries on a route and dump it off to the "easy throw"...Matt Leinart style. I think of this as going "Robo QB" on the CPU (these same people likely complain about 'Robo QB' when the CPU does this to them). The NFL passing game is about timing, leading receivers and putting the appropriate velocity/touch on your passes. If you want a good realistic experience, I think this style is critical. Obviously, other factors like pressure and so on will be aspects which alters this dynamic. But if you always dump the ball underneath to the 3/4th option, you're going to have inflated numbers.

That's my take....I can add further thoughts if you have other questions/comments.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #3600
Gaming Avenger

Alright, I deleted my profile, restarted the game with the Rams/ Redskins intro, selected All-Pro, etc. I set up everything in the MM as you have it. Andddd, I set up my CFM with the 2017 rosters, including players from the first three rounds of the draft. My settings and sliders match exactly what you have on the main page for CFM. I plan on kicking off this weekend. I'm starting from the 2016 season. I'll let you know how I like it, I'll provide feedback and results as I get games in. Thanks again JoshC1977 for all of your efforts. God stuff man!

I'm gonna give this an honest go. Worst case, I'll go back to my All-Madden set. That said, I like the concept of playing default All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »