Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2017, 02:58 PM   #3601
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quarter Length the same as in OP? Or have there been any changes there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #3602
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Quarter Length the same as in OP? Or have there been any changes there?
The OP is current and reflects what I personally use.

However, quarter length is one setting that can be modified to personal preference (but set it the same in both MM and CFM). However, if you turn it on, I strongly recommend keeping acc clock to 20+ seconds so that the CPU continues to call audibles at the LOS.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:29 PM   #3603
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The OP is current and reflects what I personally use.

However, quarter length is one setting that can be modified to personal preference (but set it the same in both MM and CFM). However, if you turn it on, I strongly recommend keeping acc clock to 20+ seconds so that the CPU continues to call audibles at the LOS.
Okay thank you
Old 05-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #3604
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I am happy with my franchises in Madden 17, FIFA 17, NBA 2k16, and NHL 17: all basically default settings with different Qrt. lengths to get realistic stats. Thanks Josh for helping me get free from Slideritis, and actually play games and enjoy for what it is.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 PM   #3605
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I am happy with my franchises in Madden 17, FIFA 17, NBA 2k16, and NHL 17: all basically default settings with different Qrt. lengths to get realistic stats. Thanks Josh for helping me get free from Slideritis, and actually play games and enjoy for what it is.
At the end of the day, this is what it is all about. I think we sometimes all forget to have fun (I've been just as guilty about this as anyone else....).

But you know, I'm using Matt10's awesome FIFA sliders, Armor&Sword's awesome MLBTS 17 sliders, and these (IMO, awesome) M17 sliders. All "locked-in"...no concerns with needing to change anything....and only my Madden set is "default-ish"....

Are any of these perfect? Nope. But my goodness, it is SO much fun to lock in a slider set and be done with it. If I do well, I enjoy it. If I struggle, I enjoy it. If I am struggling, I think of 'real world' fixes by using strategies/tactics/personnel management instead of relying on a slider 'crutch'. People complain about lack of immersion....well, nothing fosters immersion more than 'the struggle'...working through bad performances....Jay Cutler couldn't lower an INT slider every time he threw a pick....why should we?

Until the dynamics of Madden change, the approach I now use will be the one I use moving forward. That said, if something at a true default is fundamentally flawed, I will fix it (i.e. like the use of slow MM game speed). But once fixed....that is it....

(I could say a LOT more....but would like to avoid sounding too 'preachy')
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #3606
Pro

sms024's Arena

Been really loving these games. Had a game against the bills that went into overtime at 13-13, and then the overtime period was nothing but 3&outs until I scored with 1:23 left. Then the next game I went up 21-0 by the halfway point of the second quarter. It ended much closer but still, it's got that "anything can happen" feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #3607
Rookie

Started my CFM with the Eagles over the weekend. Lost the opener to Browns 14-7, dominated the Bears 35-21, and lost in OT to the Steelers 25-19. All in all enjoying the games with this set.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:03 PM   #3608
Pro

Been using these for my 1993 roster CFM. Getting tired of stuffing ball carriers for 33 of the 35 attempts a team makes only to give up 145 yards on the two carries I don't stack them up.......Good lord I need to figure a solution. Guess I am getting too aggressive at times. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »