Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #3617
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Started-up an Eagles franchise last night...flawed team, not a ton of young talent, up against the cap (using default preseason 75 man roster).

First two games against Browns and Bears...what should be two wins and they were...but man, two very different experiences.

Browns game was a 17 point win where I managed to get points very efficiently...but Cleveland's ground attack kept them churning plays at will against my defense....lots of long, methodical drives. Crowell finished with over 120 yards rushing and Fitzpatrick (signed by Browns as FA) kept going with a methodical passing attack and Gordon gashed me for 150+ yards). I was using Bradford at QB (starting the veteran over the rookie Wentz) and he was really solid, throwing 3 TDs to 1 pick....but two deep PIs by Haden (leading to short TDs) along with a KO return TD by Sproles won the game.

Bears game...I was down 17-0 very quickly due to Bradford picks (even though I knocked Cutler out of the game on his second pass attempt). On one unbelievable play, Eddie Royal caught a screen pass and I was on an all-out blitz)...he escaped the scrum of blockers/defenders...somehow...with no one deep, he took off for a 50+ yard TD.

I managed a FG to make it 17-3, then I somehow managed a blocked punt (my first in a LONG time) which was recovered in the EZ by the punter for a safety to make it 17-5. I benched Bradford (and his three INTs) at the half and put in Wentz. I managed a 22 point third quarter which featured another blocked punt (returned for a TD). Now, I don't know if there is actually a momentum feature in the game....but it sure felt like it. Hoyer kept the Bears in it and we held-on for a 34-27 win. Unlike the Browns game, I stifled the Bears run game....my TOs kept them in it (but my STs won the day).

Just two really different games...two games where a handful of plays changed the complexion of the outcome....and in vastly different ways.

Lots of fun, lots of variety, and a realistic challenge....seriously... what else can we ask for?
Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #3618
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Started-up an Eagles franchise last night...flawed team, not a ton of young talent, up against the cap (using default preseason 75 man roster).

First two games against Browns and Bears...what should be two wins and they were...but man, two very different experiences.

Browns game was a 17 point win where I managed to get points very efficiently...but Cleveland's ground attack kept them churning plays at will against my defense....lots of long, methodical drives. Crowell finished with over 120 yards rushing and Fitzpatrick (signed by Browns as FA) kept going with a methodical passing attack and Gordon gashed me for 150+ yards). I was using Bradford at QB (starting the veteran over the rookie Wentz) and he was really solid, throwing 3 TDs to 1 pick....but two deep PIs by Haden (leading to short TDs) along with a KO return TD by Sproles won the game.

Bears game...I was down 17-0 very quickly due to Bradford picks (even though I knocked Cutler out of the game on his second pass attempt). On one unbelievable play, Eddie Royal caught a screen pass and I was on an all-out blitz)...he escaped the scrum of blockers/defenders...somehow...with no one deep, he took off for a 50+ yard TD.

I managed a FG to make it 17-3, then I somehow managed a blocked punt (my first in a LONG time) which was recovered in the EZ by the punter for a safety to make it 17-5. I benched Bradford (and his three INTs) at the half and put in Wentz. I managed a 22 point third quarter which featured another blocked punt (returned for a TD). Now, I don't know if there is actually a momentum feature in the game....but it sure felt like it. Hoyer kept the Bears in it and we held-on for a 34-27 win. Unlike the Browns game, I stifled the Bears run game....my TOs kept them in it (but my STs won the day).

Just two really different games...two games where a handful of plays changed the complexion of the outcome....and in vastly different ways.

Lots of fun, lots of variety, and a realistic challenge....seriously... what else can we ask for?
Good stuff man. Thanks for sharing this. I have my CFM all set up and ready to go with your default all-pro approach. I'll post game results as I get them in.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #3619
Rookie

Excuse me Josh, but perhaps you can help me with adjusting my sliders to better benefit my gameplay. My buddy and I were using a set from Flazko's True Realism sliders, but we got tired of it being so easy. So we decided to give yours a try. I deleted my profile, and did all the steps listed to reset them to default all-pro, including resetting the schemes of all non-player coaches.

We've each played roughly 6 games total, and we are still dominating the competition. The scores are a bit closer, but overall we are still easily winning by 2-3 scores minimum, and against good teams. In general, the things I've noticed are the computer just can't hold a run game. They are literally averaging like 1-2 ypc against us. I also believe the interior pass rush from the DTs and the overall zone coverage is far too good, as we are seeing our mediocre players just lock up the likes of Gronk, Julio, and so on.

In terms of watching the QB, I've noticed that they tend to hold the ball for too long when they have time (My buddy blitzes like 75% of the time, so he gets pressure constantly), and they just fail to throw it. I'd really be interested in hearing what you might have to say, as I don't want to really go to default all-madden, because it often feels like it cheats rather hardcore. However, I may have to at the current rate to find some kind of challenge as we head into the playoffs with nearly perfect records.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 PM   #3620
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

A couple of things.....

1. Sounds like you are may be doing an online CFM. If so, both of you should have your main menu settings set up the same way as in the OP (and not just the CFM settings). Double-check and make sure everything matches the OP exactly for both of you (including the assists, autosubs, game speed, etc.). I cannot tell you how many times I have had something messed up in slider settings and then realize it later....

2. If number 1 already checks out, you might have to 'bite the bullet' and go to All Madden. What I would suggest though is only changing to All Madden in both the Main Menu and CFM (i.e. do NOT change it to All Madden in the Intro difficulty). From there, I would keep everything else exactly the same as the OP. Most people that play All Madden make further adjustments (to autosubs and so on); plus, All Madden turns off ballhawk, heatseeker, and autostrafe by default - I would leave them on. The default 49/50 CFM autosub settings along with the MM speed at slow, and the three assists being set to "on" may result in "muting" some of the All Madden "stuff". I haven't tried this myself as I am content with All Pro with my style of play. But, this might work and provide more challenge without mucking-up everything else.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:19 PM   #3621
Rookie

We actually get together a couple of times a week and play offline. Nothing quite as satisfying as seeing your buddy rage out in first person when they throw an interception or have a RB just blow up their defense. I've double checked, and everything still seems to be right on the sliders, so I probably will need to just go ahead and up it to AM. I'd originally played at that anyways, but after the final patch it was just a bit too cheaty for us, but hopefully doing what you said will mitigate that somewhat. Thank you for the quick reply though.

Last edited by Kazumonk; 05-17-2017 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added an extra sentence or two.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2017, 05:43 PM   #3622
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumonk
We actually get together a couple of times a week and play offline. Nothing quite as satisfying as seeing your buddy rage out in first person when they throw an interception or have a RB just blow up their defense. I've double checked, and everything still seems to be right on the sliders, so I probably will need to just go ahead and up it to AM. I'd originally played at that anyways, but after the final patch it was just a bit too cheaty for us, but hopefully doing what you said will mitigate that somewhat. Thank you for the quick reply though.
Old school 'couch wars'? I love it!!

If you give am a shot, let me know how it goes....we know all madden can be a bit cheap sometimes, but I am a tad curious.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:00 PM   #3623
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
A couple of things.....

1. Sounds like you are may be doing an online CFM. If so, both of you should have your main menu settings set up the same way as in the OP (and not just the CFM settings). Double-check and make sure everything matches the OP exactly for both of you (including the assists, autosubs, game speed, etc.). I cannot tell you how many times I have had something messed up in slider settings and then realize it later....

2. If number 1 already checks out, you might have to 'bite the bullet' and go to All Madden. What I would suggest though is only changing to All Madden in both the Main Menu and CFM (i.e. do NOT change it to All Madden in the Intro difficulty). From there, I would keep everything else exactly the same as the OP. Most people that play All Madden make further adjustments (to autosubs and so on); plus, All Madden turns off ballhawk, heatseeker, and autostrafe by default - I would leave them on. The default 49/50 CFM autosub settings along with the MM speed at slow, and the three assists being set to "on" may result in "muting" some of the All Madden "stuff". I haven't tried this myself as I am content with All Pro with my style of play. But, this might work and provide more challenge without mucking-up everything else.
Josh, you're spot on with your all-madden assessment. Through sliders and settings, you can definitely minimize the cheese and make it playable. Slow game speed and leaving the assists on are both essential for All-Madden play.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:20 AM   #3624
Pro

sms024's Arena

My horrible secondary and O line really showed in a game against the colts. Was rushed the whole game and threw 3 picks, 2 of which went for 6. Couldn't stop their offense no matter what I tried. Hated it but loved it at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »