JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 457 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #3649
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Guys, one thing I need to capture on the Opening Post....PLEASE make sure you have auto switch turned OFF. I was messing around over the weekend (more on that later) and accidentally had it turned on...my lord, talk about horrific, dumbed-down defensive AI (both sides).
Auto switch? Meaning switch assist?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #3650
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Auto switch? Meaning switch assist?
Yes...that is it.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:31 PM   #3651
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So, I ran some experiments over the weekend in an effort to determine how viable this approach is looking back historically. I ran a similar setup to M17 on both M16 and M15...
  • All Pro Intro
  • All Pro Main Menu and CFM
  • Ballhawk, HeatSeeker, AutoStrafe "on" (both MM and CFM)
  • AutoSwitch "off" (both MM and CFM)
  • Default injury, fatigue, subs, penalties, gameplay sliders in both the MM and CFM. Now M15 and M16 both had the MM injury slider at 50 (it is 10 on M17)....so I stuck with those default values for those games.
  • MM Slow Speed with CFM at Normal Speed
Results....OMG...wonderfully balanced experiences on both games. M15 in particular was wonderful (even the sack issue endemic to M15 was greatly muted and I saw some of the most varied CPU QB play ever on that game...a game I previously loathed). One thing that stuck out was that the QB play was much more satisfying on those two games (way more inaccuracy by both CPU and user and the CPU was much more dangerous scrambling)....

So why do this? To me, it demonstrates and validates this approach and has strengthened my resolve to use this in the future until a time that the game's coding is truly re-worked. All three games showed different strengths and weaknesses (M17 is still probably the best overall...which it should be) but with this setup, all three games were pretty darn balanced....the kind of balance that allows for a) variety and b) for ratings to stand-out the most.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #3652
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just in case anyone was following the All-Madden discussion:

I am having the best games I have had in madden in a really long time with the following set-up:
All Madden on profile at intro and in main menu
All sliders at default in main menu
Auto Flip, Auto Strafe, and Switch Assist off
Ball Hawk and Heat Seeker on
All Pro in CFM
All sliders at default in CFM

EDIT: I rechecked my sliders and I actually had Switch Assist on. I tested a few games with it off, and on is definitely the way to go.

Last edited by jersam515; 06-06-2017 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:00 PM   #3653
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
Just in case anyone was following the All-Madden discussion:

I am having the best games I have had in madden in a really long time with the following set-up:
All Madden on profile at intro and in main menu
All sliders at default in main menu
Auto Flip, Auto Strafe, and Switch Assist off
Ball Hawk and Heat Seeker on
All Pro in CFM
All sliders at default in CFM
Same here, i second this
Old 06-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #3654
Rookie

I have updated my last post, but if you are using the all-madden variant of Josh's concept, then have switch assist on. It makes the coverage much tighter.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #3655
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well, if some of you are enjoying an all madden variant..more power to you. It just isn't my cup of tea....probably never will be until they get rid of the ridiculous attribute boost on that level...it just drives me nuts...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 06-07-2017, 12:30 PM   #3656
Rookie

I'm actually playing with something a bit opposite of those All-Madden sliders. I have all of Josh's normal settings in the main menu and franchise, except my difficulty is set to All-Madden in franchise. Every one of my games has been close, and I've had to do numerous comebacks with my buddy. I think all of my games have been won/lost by one score or less.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »