JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 458 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-08-2017, 04:35 AM   #3657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I take back anything nice I've said about these sliders with the all-madden difficulty setup I've been using. I feel after seeing/watching 11ish games, that I can finally make a full review of them. The computer simply cheats, and there's no getting around it. I've almost thrown my controller 2-3 times over the last couple of games, and my buddy was so angry that he was almost crying.

To put it simply, the computer offensive line is stupidly good. I'm playing with Detroit, so my D-Line isn't -that- great, but I instantly get blown back 4-5 yards on almost every run. I think I'm averaging something like 100+ yards a game with an 8-10 ypc given up. The D-line also gets no pressure, with Ziggy Ansah being walled by stupidly crappy OL. Even when I blitz, the cpu OL seems to pick up nearly all my blitzers with just 5 OL, and then throw a nearly perfect pass to an open OL because the game decided to injure my top 2 CBs earlier in the season. I've tried multiple games using both the 43 and 34... every defense and coverage/blitz I could try, but nothing seems to make any difference. It's just impossible for my team to stop the run or get any pressure.

That's not the worst part though. When we went to all-madden, I noticed that RBs and even some receivers started to juke and use ball carrier moves more. At first, I thought this would be fine, but now... I'm so tired of giving up 40+ runs because the RB or WR does a spin while running -STRAIGHT FORWARD- that causes my defense to go stupid and just stand there.

I will say this, my buddy is able to get more sacks than me, but his defense is supremely better with the Chargers. Even still, he'll go long, long stretches of games where he gets no pressure and the cpu just literally sits there for 5+ seconds in the pocket until some receiver reroutes and comes open.

We are pretty much stuck now in a situation where All-Pro is too easy for us and we are just sick of the All-Madden trash. I really don't know what I'll do. I've actually recorded all the games we've played up to this point. I'll see about uploading them and posting a link for anyone who is curious about the kind of trash we are facing. The first game or two isn't that bad, but after that, the cpu turns on the cheese factor to the nth level.

Here's a playlist with the two games I already have uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j6_IAebPFXlPlV
Old 06-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #3658
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumonk
I take back anything nice I've said about these sliders with the all-madden difficulty setup I've been using. I feel after seeing/watching 11ish games, that I can finally make a full review of them. The computer simply cheats, and there's no getting around it. I've almost thrown my controller 2-3 times over the last couple of games, and my buddy was so angry that he was almost crying.

To put it simply, the computer offensive line is stupidly good. I'm playing with Detroit, so my D-Line isn't -that- great, but I instantly get blown back 4-5 yards on almost every run. I think I'm averaging something like 100+ yards a game with an 8-10 ypc given up. The D-line also gets no pressure, with Ziggy Ansah being walled by stupidly crappy OL. Even when I blitz, the cpu OL seems to pick up nearly all my blitzers with just 5 OL, and then throw a nearly perfect pass to an open OL because the game decided to injure my top 2 CBs earlier in the season. I've tried multiple games using both the 43 and 34... every defense and coverage/blitz I could try, but nothing seems to make any difference. It's just impossible for my team to stop the run or get any pressure.

That's not the worst part though. When we went to all-madden, I noticed that RBs and even some receivers started to juke and use ball carrier moves more. At first, I thought this would be fine, but now... I'm so tired of giving up 40+ runs because the RB or WR does a spin while running -STRAIGHT FORWARD- that causes my defense to go stupid and just stand there.

I will say this, my buddy is able to get more sacks than me, but his defense is supremely better with the Chargers. Even still, he'll go long, long stretches of games where he gets no pressure and the cpu just literally sits there for 5+ seconds in the pocket until some receiver reroutes and comes open.

We are pretty much stuck now in a situation where All-Pro is too easy for us and we are just sick of the All-Madden trash. I really don't know what I'll do. I've actually recorded all the games we've played up to this point. I'll see about uploading them and posting a link for anyone who is curious about the kind of trash we are facing. The first game or two isn't that bad, but after that, the cpu turns on the cheese factor to the nth level.

Here's a playlist with the two games I already have uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...j6_IAebPFXlPlV
Give either the set I posted a chance or a slight modification of them (that I am trying and liking) with all assists off. I have certainly not seen your problems with that set. Rather, I give up between 3.5 - 6.0 (tending towards 4.5) ypc and my pass defense rarely gives up even 300 yards.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #3659
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
Give either the set I posted a chance or a slight modification of them (that I am trying and liking) with all assists off. I have certainly not seen your problems with that set. Rather, I give up between 3.5 - 6.0 (tending towards 4.5) ypc and my pass defense rarely gives up even 300 yards.
Yeah, if you're going to go down the All Madden route, I think going All Madden in the intro and MM (but AP in CFM) is going to be a more balanced experience. Once you throw All Madden into the CFM settings, you're just asking for alot of the All Madden stuff many of us are not so fond of.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #3660
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So, I ran some experiments over the weekend in an effort to determine how viable this approach is looking back historically. I ran a similar setup to M17 on both M16 and M15...
  • All Pro Intro
  • All Pro Main Menu and CFM
  • Ballhawk, HeatSeeker, AutoStrafe "on" (both MM and CFM)
  • AutoSwitch "off" (both MM and CFM)
  • Default injury, fatigue, subs, penalties, gameplay sliders in both the MM and CFM. Now M15 and M16 both had the MM injury slider at 50 (it is 10 on M17)....so I stuck with those default values for those games.
  • MM Slow Speed with CFM at Normal Speed
Results....OMG...wonderfully balanced experiences on both games. M15 in particular was wonderful (even the sack issue endemic to M15 was greatly muted and I saw some of the most varied CPU QB play ever on that game...a game I previously loathed). One thing that stuck out was that the QB play was much more satisfying on those two games (way more inaccuracy by both CPU and user and the CPU was much more dangerous scrambling)....

So why do this? To me, it demonstrates and validates this approach and has strengthened my resolve to use this in the future until a time that the game's coding is truly re-worked. All three games showed different strengths and weaknesses (M17 is still probably the best overall...which it should be) but with this setup, all three games were pretty darn balanced....the kind of balance that allows for a) variety and b) for ratings to stand-out the most.
With these, I'm having the most enjoyment all year. Too bad it took until June to unlock the path to happiness. Hopefully you are on to something and 18 will be a lot easier to tune. Default (or as close to it) is the way to go.

To those that find it WAY to easy, then All Madden or (dare I say it) changing from default may be your only answer.

My only issue has been interceptions (throwing them). I'll always be an All-Pro guy.

Last edited by Rubio809; 06-08-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #3661
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
Do user qbs miss?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #3662
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
With these, I'm having the most enjoyment all year. Too bad it took until June to unlock the path to happiness. Hopefully you are on to something and 18 will be a lot easier to tune. Default (or as close to it) is the way to go.

To those that find it WAY to easy, then All Madden or (dare I say it) changing from default may be your only answer.

My only issue has been interceptions (throwing them). I'll always be an All-Pro guy.
Bear in mind....this setup is the same it has been since April (the OP setup).
Old 06-08-2017, 06:48 PM   #3663
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Bear in mind....this setup is the same it has been since April (the OP setup).
I was referring to testing through Madden 15 16 & 17. This was a very important discovery.

Last edited by Rubio809; 06-08-2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #3664
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
Do user qbs miss?
Yes. I see plenty of misses with my rookie that are totally uncatchable. What's even more exciting to me is that I will see bad throws that are not huge misses, but are either a little late causing the receiver to get crushed or a little early causing the receiver to dive and give up YAC. The passing game is still a tad easier than I would like, but some of that is likely due to my receiving corp being pretty good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »