JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 474 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #3785
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,938
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
Me too Josh, I only made it to year 3 this year. I have high hopes that these sliders will be plug and play in 18. The only thing I'm not thrilled about, as an offline cfm player, is after reading the ea cfm blog it appears the some cfm tweaks will only be a available to online cfm at launch and offline users are going to wait for a patch. Part of me is saying to hold off buying it this year, but I've been playing since the first madden on the genesis and I can't resist buying it at launch.
Where did you read this in EAs Dev Blog on Franchise/Play Now Live.

I have read that article 4 times top to bottom. All of it is available day one to anyone who plays the game online/offline.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (7-8)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:25 AM   #3786
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Where did you read this in EAs Dev Blog on Franchise/Play Now Live.

I have read that article 4 times top to bottom. All of it is available day one to anyone who plays the game online/offline.
You know what though, I could swear that I saw some minor aspect for "online only CFMs" too when I first read it. Maybe it was an error and was taken out....

But as of now, it appears to be equally applied across both offline and online.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:37 AM   #3787
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
What's up Josh, this is formerly jaa1980, got my OS name to match my GT. I was going to hold off on getting 18, but getting free again from Tiburon, so will look forward to helping you and broadcasting early, can start with EA access So going to try default all pro first?, or go straight to your latest set. I also only have finished 2 years in 17.

ofcourse, a lot of negative feedback from videos posted, hopefully not as bad as it seems, you watched some of the human vs AI games? Also, I am assuming we will be going simulation mode?
Hey man. I would just dive in with whatever is default for All Pro Sim mode during the EA Access phase. If CPU QB AI looks really bad within franchise mode, then go ahead and modify the main menu game speed to slow. If you want to get really creative, then by all means play around with turning off the various assists and so on.

I'll get into things once the GOAT edition drops...I'm not planning on watching too much gameplay until I have the game in-hand. I already have too many pre-conceptions about the game from the other posted vids.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #3788
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Where did you read this in EAs Dev Blog on Franchise/Play Now Live.

I have read that article 4 times top to bottom. All of it is available day one to anyone who plays the game online/offline.
Yes the play now live/franchise blog. Find the companion app section and it's in the 2nd paragraph of that, then it gives a list
Dagdags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:30 PM   #3789
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,938
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

The Companion app has and was always for online franchises (which you really would use with multiple user teams, I never use it for solo franchise as I want to be able to step in and control other teams whenever I want).

So all the progression/regression/XP/Draft tuning and the addition of the draft board, offball injuires, tuning of injury severity and pre-season sub logic are for offline franchise.

Only the companion app is for online only.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (7-8)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:30 PM   #3790
I hate you Norv
 
tdawg3782's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 3,861
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hey man. I would just dive in with whatever is default for All Pro Sim mode during the EA Access phase. If CPU QB AI looks really bad within franchise mode, then go ahead and modify the main menu game speed to slow. If you want to get really creative, then by all means play around with turning off the various assists and so on.

I'll get into things once the GOAT edition drops...I'm not planning on watching too much gameplay until I have the game in-hand. I already have too many pre-conceptions about the game from the other posted vids.
I haven't watched any vids yet either and don't plan on it. I'll make my own assumptions after I actually play the game. Not on what random people around the internet post. People are up in arms about it though huh? Anyways I have EA Access too so I'll be ready to test straight away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
__________________
Twitch Broadcast Link
www.twitch.tv/tdawg3782


NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

tdawg3782 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #3791
MVP
 
Hunkerdown's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,396
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I haven't watched any vids yet either and don't plan on it. I'll make my own assumptions after I actually play the game. Not on what random people around the internet post. People are up in arms about it though huh? Anyways I have EA Access too so I'll be ready to test straight away.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
and most of them are short quarter videos. tdawg you do any Online Cfm's? or just offline.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
__________________
XBOX GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch Broadcast: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Hunkerdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:53 PM   #3792
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The Companion app has and was always for online franchises (which you really would use with multiple user teams, I never use it for solo franchise as I want to be able to step in and control other teams whenever I want).

So all the progression/regression/XP/Draft tuning and the addition of the draft board, offball injuires, tuning of injury severity and pre-season sub logic are for offline franchise.

Only the companion app is for online only.
Ok cool. I never had an interest in the companion app and misunderstood what I had read in the blog. Thanks for clearing it up for me.
Dagdags is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.

Top -