JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 475 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #3793
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
and most of them are short quarter videos. tdawg you do any Online Cfm's? or just offline.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch: Hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks
I do one online one with my cousin who lives in Georgia. Everything else is a solo offline CFM.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 08-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #3794
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK...so I have been working behind the scenes (with some added feedback from sms024) here a lot lately on the various gameplay assists. What I've really settled-on is a setup where all of them are turned off. I've seen a lot of variety from game-to-game and an improvement in CPU performance as a result. It's nothing earth-shattering, but it is pretty solid IMO.

I've added indicators of items that are not "default" settings and have added my own personal preference of XP Sliders at default. You are still welcome to use any XP slider setup you want, but there is a modest affect on gameplay.

I am posting this as it will likely be my initial "base" for when M18 drops.
Hey, Josh, glad to see you've made the switch to turning all the assists off. I've been using AP default sliders for months now but with all assists off. Definitely gives the CPU some slight help, but nothing wild.

I also regretfully moved back to XP sliders to default. I never paid attention before, but after a recent test, I did notice they impacted the game play. Crazy, but true. Once I started paying attention to it, I was stunned to see the difference. I had CBs at 180% and my team was averaging 3 INTs a game over several games and a few more deflects. With the OL and HB higher, I was running much better (and again, I play coach mode, so no human effect here). I will say I liked having QB at 80%...got way more realistic comp % but that also might have led to the increased INTs. Anyway, bottom line is that I'm not going to mess with them...just begrudgingly keep XP at default and watch it take 5 years for my Superstar guard to move up 3 overall rating points. ;(
Old 08-15-2017, 12:27 AM   #3795
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Hey, Josh, glad to see you've made the switch to turning all the assists off. I've been using AP default sliders for months now but with all assists off. Definitely gives the CPU some slight help, but nothing wild.

I also regretfully moved back to XP sliders to default. I never paid attention before, but after a recent test, I did notice they impacted the game play. Crazy, but true. Once I started paying attention to it, I was stunned to see the difference. I had CBs at 180% and my team was averaging 3 INTs a game over several games and a few more deflects. With the OL and HB higher, I was running much better (and again, I play coach mode, so no human effect here). I will say I liked having QB at 80%...got way more realistic comp % but that also might have led to the increased INTs. Anyway, bottom line is that I'm not going to mess with them...just begrudgingly keep XP at default and watch it take 5 years for my Superstar guard to move up 3 overall rating points. ;(
The one thing I will say is that if we had more time before M18 dropped, I would probably try to go through and manipulate the XP sliders for gameplay effects (and combine with getting some reasonable settings for XP gains). The funny thing is that in looking at TDawg's setup, the areas he adjusted for XP purposes aren't too far off the areas/positions where I'd like to see enhancement or de-hancement (is that even a word....lol..it is now). In some respects, I think it would potentially be a better way of manipulating gameplay without going through the inane practice of adjusting the actual gameplay sliders. I'll be watching the M18 XP slider research closely as far as TDawg's work goes and we'll see how well the game balances at default.

As far as the assists go....I could pretty much make an argument for a number of settings. I really considered turning on all four as I loved the improvement on CPU offense due to the switch assist. However, the game really felt a bit on the fast side, In some respects, it IS user preference...but the gameplay itself isn't the same from one setup to another. I think turning them all off has the advantage of removing those influences from the game.

My M18 GOAT pre-load started this evening
Old 08-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #3796
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I do one online one with my cousin who lives in Georgia. Everything else is a solo offline CFM.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
let me know if you want any other sim ballers?

Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #3797
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Do we know if new target passing is optional? or something we need to run with.

Also what's special about GOAT edition? MUT?

Sports Franchises:
Madden 17 - Falcons
FIFA 17 - Everton
NBA 2K16 -Hawks

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 08-15-2017, 06:36 PM   #3798
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
Do we know if new target passing is optional? or something we need to run with.

Also what's special about GOAT edition? MUT?
Target passing is not ratings-based but it IS optional.

GOAT releases 3 days earlier than the regular game version. I think it has some MUT crap with it too (which I will never use).
Old 08-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #3799
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

Apparently the XBOX free trial for madden 18 is live, I just wanted to give the heads up.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 PM   #3800
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

As an FYI....I'll be opening a new M18 thread soon, but likely not until after the GOAT edition drops for PS4 and I have it in-hand for my own thoughts. I will more or less be ignoring "early impressions" type of stuff from the EA Access folks just as I have the bulk of the vids which were previously posted.

My gaming plans for the next few days will be centered around playing MLB:The Show and NCAA14.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »