JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 48 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2016, 11:29 PM   #377
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So we have one game with 6 another with 1....sample size definitely needed here....which is the outlier? We'll monitor this as we play.
I will sneak in another game at some point today and post the results to help w/ the sample size.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:02 AM   #378
Rookie

BigPoppa17211's Arena

OVR: 5

Played a pretty entertaining game in week one of my new dolphins franchise. Lost 30-23.

Had a defensive battle the first half against the Seahawks. Was 13-10 at the half with neither team being able to run or pass very well.

First play of the second half, Baldwin burns me deep for a 75 yard score.

I get the ball back and go 3 and out. Next play Rawls burns me for a 65 yd td.

Couldn't get much going against the tough D. Tannehill finished 15/37 with 1 td and 3 int as a result of me pressing too hard.

Foster was 47yds on 19 carries. Seemed like the running lanes closed of really fast, although line play felt good. Had 5 total sacks to their 3.

Penalties we me 5-39, they had 0. 2 roughing the passer on me.

Hope this helps. Great set so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 02:26 AM   #379
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This happened last year on any setting I used in CFM from 51-54...

They came in bunches or not at all...

It'll be interesting to see what a larger sample tells, but I'd leave it at 51 / accumulate a decent sample and then either leave it alone or go with 50 or even 52...

Higher = Mo Better (IMHO) with regard to them "exploring options" (secondary receivers / checkdowns / scramble) after vetting the "red route"...

Too low and they just stubbornly stick to the play, often to their detriment...

It's ALMOST like some of the effects of the former IG slider got folded into this one...

#balancingact
It's funny...the one thing I HATE is watching the CPU constantly go to checkdowns. You said "balancing act" and you're dead-on....it's one reason I historically have loathed touching the RTP slider. But I have to confess, this setting is working out nicely....if their primary is open, they throw it to them. If not, they look to other guys. Once in a while I have seen even aggressive QBs check down when they "shouldn't"...but it isn't constant enough to be annoying.

FWIW, the functionality of the old IG slider is now wrapped into "defensive holding". It controls the jam at the LOS and the WR/DB interaction (the old IG did the same). In older EA games where QB aggression was crappy (looking at you, NCAA 14), I actually turned it off. Funny that we now use it (when it works) to disrupt that timing to deflate the passing game a tad.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #380
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Josh any progress on rushing game? Am I the only one with over easy rushing with good HB? Freeman 200+.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 08-31-2016, 09:04 AM   #381
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So we have one game with 6 another with 1....sample size definitely needed here....which is the outlier? We'll monitor this as we play.
I played one full game with your exact settings last night, wish I could get more in but time is limited, and I had 5 RTP calls. The calls were 2 on my team and 3 on the CPU. The ones on me were CPU controlled players.

Game played great besides that, the CPU running could be a little better but it was only one game. I am looking forward to tonight's game great job Josh.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #382
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I played CFM # 3 Packers vs Lions.

Man, the Packers couldn't stop Stafford to Ebron, and the Lions continued to pass on every down in the 3rd quarter.

The Lions sacked Rodgers 4 times, the Packers sacked Stafford 3 times, once on a coverage sack. Matthews, AI controlled, brushed Stafford well after the pass and knocked him down. That drew the only RTP call.

Stafford, 82% passing, Rodgers, 65%.

The Lions rushed the ball for 89 yds, the Packers 47 yds. I gave up on the run in the second half.

2 FM penalties, 4 penalties apiece on both sides of the ball.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:22 AM   #383
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Something I have noticed as far as the running game. It's always one team does really well, and other does poorly. It's never both poorly or both run well. It's one or the other and it's definitely noticeable over 20-30 games played.

Like I would be amazed to see BOTH teams run games get shut down instead of one having a stellar day and one not.

It's almost gotten to the point where I know after about 5 runs which team is going to have a good day and which team will get their RB shut down.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:50 AM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 0

Played a CFM preseason game Cardinals at Texans. 6 RTP penalties called 3 to each team. All the penalties were called on AI controlled defenders. During the game I wrote down which players committed the fouls. The players in question all have the "undisciplined" penalty trait.

So I edited every single defensive player on both the Texans and the Cardinals roster who had the undisciplined penalty trait to normal and replayed the game. Well only one RTP was called in the replay. It was committed by Texans back-up LE, rookie Ufomba Kamalu with 45 awareness.

I'll replay the replay and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »