Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 06:43 PM   #393
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
I know exactly what you mean, man. You can pretty much predict the success of your running game based on the D line play. Check the D lineman that you are running at. If he instantly sheds his block and tackles you 2 or 3 times, you might as well wait until the 2nd half and try again.
I have seen same games where both do good
Old 08-31-2016, 08:44 PM   #394
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Josh where will I find the subs. In and out 60/80. Still doing play now, trying to find right sliders before franchise. Or do I have to jump into CFM to get them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
The 60/80 ones will be set within Franchise, yes. It's under the coach's settings...
Old 08-31-2016, 09:35 PM   #395
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHB52
Damn, was playing against the Viks as the Packers and it only had like 3 flags all game, but in the next one vs the Lions there were 10 (!) roughing the passers between myself and the CPU. Add 3 facemask as well lol. Not sure why it spiked so high like that
That's why we always recommend playing 2-3 gms to see what the slider changes develop into.
I changed my penalties from default and the 1st game only had 3 or 4 calls, the very next game had 8-9 on each team!
So it basically took a game for them to show the full effect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 09:41 PM   #396
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
The 60/80 ones will be set within Franchise, yes. It's under the coach's settings...
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2016, 10:47 PM   #397
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Howdy all.

So...been thinking. Something has been off so far. I explored this before, but the previous O-line issues I couldn't be sure that this was the problem. After running some games last night, it's still definitely an issue. I'm talking threshold...the issues being much more apparent now that we have proper block shedding.

Here's the issue. Outside runs are too easy and inside runs are horrifically inconsistent. The issue is one of things not being synchronized. Inside runs are not synchronized well....block sheds happen before backs can even hit the hole. Outside runs are too in-sync...Pulling guards are out in front of the back far too easily and FBs are almost in perfect position every time. Additionally, LBs tend to be about a step slow in making the play or filling the gap. Playing as NE last night at 50 thresh, their FB, Develin, was out in front of Blount on virtually every off-tackle or toss/stretch and DTs had shed their blocks many times before the Blount could even hit the hole.

So, this is the fix....we're going to lower threshold to 45 (in repeating my NE game at 45, Develin wasn't always in front for the perfect block...I sometimes had to slow down and wait for the blocks to develop...this is what we want). To compensate for the decrease in threshold, we're going to bump up CFM DPI to 54. For those of you that followed my M16 set, this is exactly where we wound up at the end. I think that the threshold change will have the effect of getting things back to where they were on M16. Also, based on everyone's reports, I am going to bump the CFM RTP slider to 50.

In summary:
Threshold to 45
CFM DPI from 53 to 54
CFM RTP from 51 to 50

Final note: this will be the first thing I revisit when the next patch comes out. But for now, I think this will solidify things...
Old 09-01-2016, 02:45 AM   #398
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Just finished two very entertaining games in my new Jags franchise. Game one was a 35-7 loss to GB (only a bomb to Hurns where he faked out the DB saved me from a shutout loss) and the second was a 24-13 win over SD. Stats were very solid across the board and a team has yet to crack the 400 total yard barrier....a chronic issue on M16. A few thoughts:
  • Use formation subs. In the GB game, Richard Rodgers has something like 8-92 yards by the 2nd quarter. I'm like, %&*^, DPI is too high. But the funny thing was that Rodgers wasn't just checking down. Then it dawned on me, I had Skuta and Poluszny in my Nickel package. I swapped them out with Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. He had one or two catches the rest of the way as the speed and coverage skills of those two LBs essentially neutralized him.
  • RBs can hurt you in different ways. Lacy played like a pounder while SD's RBs (mainly Oliver) burned me on cutback runs. Was beautiful to see their respective skills/ratings shine through.
  • Make adjustments. Oliver burned me early in the first half....I switched up from calling more aggressive plays to going into more of a 'contain' mode. The strategy worked as we slowed him down big time the rest of the way.
  • Slider talk now As was hoped for, the running games are much more balanced with the tweaks. If you have speedy back, you might still exploit the edge (it happens in real life too). But if you're using an average speed guy, you're going to have to wait for your blocks to get outside. For testing purposes, I tried to hit the outside with both Ivory and Yeldon...it was quite tough...a lot of time the FB and pulling linemen weren't out in front....I had to wait.
  • The drop to RTP did slow down the pass rush a bit...but it's still there. I was sacked four times by GB (a couple were times when Jones was right on top of me...good to see). SD struggled more to get to me. The Jags anemic pass rush struggled in both games (but I did get to Rivers twice after getting shut out by GB).
End of August....I honestly have no major complaints. I expect that the upcoming patch will just enhance things (not break them). If they fix the glitch to defensive holding (it resets to 50 in-game in CFM), that should clean-up the relative ease on deep bombs. I'm also guessing that they will continue to improve the pass rush (like last year) and hopefully further refine fatigue. This set should be pretty darn "patch resistant" unless they do something crazy like overhaul how autosubs work (highly unlikely).

Enjoy guys! I know I am going to!
Old 09-01-2016, 08:06 AM   #399
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I replayed game #3 in my franchise last night because of the servers being hacked the day before.

Lions vs Packers.

By far, the best game of Madden 17 and a tale of two different games.

The OL/DL didn't not feel "sticky" or look "sticky". Matthews/Peppers supplied the upfield surge battling all the way and Daniels did the same from the inside. The Packers didn't sack Stafford once, but Stafford felt the heat several times and threw the ball out of bounds, twice over receivers heads and once inches away from a WR. At one point, there was no pressure from the line, Stafford threw the ball way too quick and out of reach of a WR by about 5 yds. The Lions sacked Rodgers 3 times. 0 sacks for the Packers, but with Stafford sensing pressure, he would release the ball instead of taking a sack, which I feel is great.

Stafford hit 50% of his passes.

Lacy had 95 yds in 22 carries before he ripped off to big runs to the outside for TD's and ended with 218yds rushing. The Lions had more than 100yds rushing, but combined, I held the Lions to 250 total yards.

The only TD the Lions scored was a deflected ball in the end zone.

The only sour note was only 3 penalties, all of them FM penalties.

Happy NFL football gaming folks and thank you, Josh.

Last edited by roadman; 09-01-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:08 AM   #400
Rookie

Played one on the new settings! Good stuff I think, so far. Gotta play more and see.

Brown 43 Jets 13

Prescott (Browns) 16-26 304 yards 5 TD 2 INT
Smith 27-42 228 yards 1 INT

Elliott (Browns) 22/73 3.3 avg
Forte (Jets) 18/75 4.1 avg
Dixon (Browns) 4/8 2.0 avg
Johnson (Browns) 4/23 5.7 avg

Penalties
Browns 4-45
Jets 4-25

Key Defensive
Browns 6 Sacks, 1 FF (had lots of pressure throughout, QB hits etc)
Jets 1 Sack (the CPU did not generate sufficient pressure on me, although I use the short passing game a lot in blitz situations and rarely look to go deep on 3rd and long)

Other observations
1. The HB screen play may be a bit too easy. Which is a shame as most NFL teams call it a ton on say 3rd and 10 on their own half or 2nd/3rd and 15-20 yards. Its a realistic call but I think I picked up chunks too much with it (My 3rd down back , Duke Johnson had 4 receptions for 70 yards...). I don't think this is a slider issue as such though. I may start using the WR screen more often to reduce the cheese there.

2. For whatever reason the pressure on the CPU QB was achieved a bunch

3. I had 3 scrambles where Smith evaded a rusher , scrambled out and either tried to get yards , pass, or throw it away (Good!)

4. I actually haven't had a draw play work yet (curious if this just gets blown up all the time or what?)

5. Inside runs were still pretty rough but overall it felt balanced and good

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »