JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 53 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-01-2016, 03:03 PM   #417
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, are you referring to the lower speed threshold setting you recently implemented? I was wondering if I should tinker with that or Holding, because I can't decide if it's a speed thing, sticky line play thing, too many broken tackles, or just all of the above.
Yes, the default thresh is a big culprit....not the only factor, but for sure one of them. I described it last night (post 397) so won't repeat it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Good to see you're making progress. I was wondering if you could put out a summary of your test results on auto sub sliders in the main menu. For example what does 0 do for each position and increasing from 80 to 90 do? Its obvious to me these sliders affect gameplay. Just try dropping to 50/49 across the board and see the affect.
No, I won't be doing that. It's easy to raise a holding slider and say, "look...see the 'vacuum cleaner' block?" It's not so easy to tweak the CB autosub and say "see how much more aggressive they are?". You could gather tons of data, trend it, and show it. But, I honestly worked more off of 'feel' than anything on these.

The only thing I WILL say is that the "Out" values affect footplanting. The lower you go, the less warping you get. If you ever play FIFA, it's a tad reminiscent of the "acceleration" slider.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #418
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Smile Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Oh well can't blame me for trying.
Old 09-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #419
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 04:59 PM   #420
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

I was the Cowboys. The game played absolutely amazing. By that picture, completions were left. Both were about 60% I'd say. I was in total control from the start, but that's a very realistic outcome.

Old 09-01-2016, 05:39 PM   #421
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Oh well can't blame me for trying.
Not at all. Just don't want to be THAT guy who posts unsubstantiated theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I was the Cowboys. The game played absolutely amazing. By that picture, completions were left. Both were about 60% I'd say. I was in total control from the start, but that's a very realistic outcome.

Awesome outcome and numbers. Exactly what I would expect to see between those two teams.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #422

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Well, I'd have never thought it but the best offensive team I've faced this season was none other then the NY Jets. Good Lord Fitzpatrick looked like Montana in his prime (26/31, 326 yards, 2 TD's) and Matt Forte must have went into throwback mode because he had 187 yards and 4 TD's. I lost 45-31 and it wasn't even that close, I couldn't stop anything they did and Marshall ate up my 4th string CB. I tried to shadow him and when I did they just went elsewhere, my defense is in shambles with injuries as I can't stop the run or the pass now. I gave up a humiliating 495 yards of offense to the Jets and forced 0 turnovers. Offensively I still feel like the game is a little skewed towards the user but not sure how that can be changed.
Old 09-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #423
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting Josh:

latest OP settings, same game, Falcons vs Bucs. Last try on any slider testing, if running to easy still, will adjust run blocking down to get realistic results.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #424
Rookie

OVR: 1

After playing a few games with the updates, I'm not sure what it is but something about speed threshold at 45 seems off. The CPU defense is lacking an edge. The D linemen and linebackers seem to be moving in slow motion almost. I'll play a few more games as maybe it just a string of "off nights" for the AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »