JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 73 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #577
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK guys....so I spent most of the day yesterday tweaking subs....started finding a good flow....but still some wonkiness.

The "Eureka" moment hit me this afternoon. I kept gravitating towards 60 on many of the autosub "in" values in the main menu. So...on a lark...I decided to try setting them all to 60. Wham! It's like we hit a happy medium on so many things. I then dropped CFM FS and Offsides to 50...and wham....line play normalized...and my goodness....

Only concern is that there may be too much pass rush...lol....if we start seeing crazy numbers or issues, we can bump up the MM offensive holding slider to 45. However, as I favor a more defensive game, I am going to gravitate towards the setting that favors that first.

I also changed a number of other things....so please double-check every setting when you punch these in....I tried to bold the changes, but I may have missed one....just double-check please.

I haven't played a ton with this yet, but like EA, I am using you guys as my beta testers (I just don't charge money)
Have you tested qb play w/ IG off?
Old 09-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #578
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Have you tested qb play w/ IG off?
Yup...absolutely hate it....it makes offense for both user and CPU way too easy...if you want it to feel like college (or HS) ball, go for it.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #579
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
OK guys....so I spent most of the day yesterday tweaking subs....started finding a good flow....but still some wonkiness.

The "Eureka" moment hit me this afternoon. I kept gravitating towards 60 on many of the autosub "in" values in the main menu. So...on a lark...I decided to try setting them all to 60. Wham! It's like we hit a happy medium on so many things. I then dropped CFM FS and Offsides to 50...and wham....line play normalized...and my goodness....

Only concern is that there may be too much pass rush...lol....if we start seeing crazy numbers or issues, we can bump up the MM offensive holding slider to 45. However, as I favor a more defensive game, I am going to gravitate towards the setting that favors that first.

I also changed a number of other things....so please double-check every setting when you punch these in....I tried to bold the changes, but I may have missed one....just double-check please.

I haven't played a ton with this yet, but like EA, I am using you guys as my beta testers (I just don't charge money)

I'll stream with these tonight if I can!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #580
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Yup...absolutely hate it....it makes offense for both user and CPU way too easy...if you want it to feel like college (or HS) ball, go for it.
I'm going to modify this a tad....while what I said was true...it could work with this new setup...there is SO much pressure on the QBs, if it does enhance QB awareness (without dumbing down defense), it could create a rather interesting dynamic.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #581
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
I'm going to modify this a tad....while what I said was true...it could work with this new setup...there is SO much pressure on the QBs, if it does enhance QB awareness (without dumbing down defense), it could create a rather interesting dynamic.
I'm testing it vs Ravens, Flacco and co.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #582
MVP

OVR: 6

Testing Dal (me) at CLE...
Old 09-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #583

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Either this game is a fluke or I spoke too soon as the stretch play is still a ridiculously overpowered joke. Washington has run 4 stretch plays on me for 47 yards already and nothing I do stops it, hell the 4-4 doesnt even stop it as the edge is sealed with ease regardless which side they run too.

Im at the point where the running game is starting to grate on my last nerve. 90% of the time the CPU just racks up yards running the ball and it seems with relative ease. There is zero flowing to the ball, the line doesnt even attempt to flow to that side which creates easy edges for the CPU to exploit and pick up monster yards.

I sure hope the recent changes you made and mentioned line play will help with this as it seemed fixed and then season 2 started and damn near every single stretch play has gone for big yards with my secondary having to make the tackles downfield.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:48 PM   #584
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I'm testing it vs Ravens, Flacco and co.
I just tried it...a distinct difference....offense had an advantage across the board....I could instantly see the difference (especially in line play). I think it is more of an "offensive aggression" slider as much as anything....better than when I had used it before...but instead of seeing 80 yard gains, I was only seeing 30 yard gains...lol.

For coach moders though, it might be a necessary evil...I have no idea...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »