JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 77 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-05-2016, 03:10 AM   #609
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
1st CFM game with the new sliders (except for Facemask to 52 as i started my game before your post)
Spoiler

Observations (only 1 game but i will give them anyway)

Pros:

Overall felt really smooth. Nothing super wonky. Would of liked a better challenge considering I was -4 in the turnover battle, but cant complain.

CPU had decent rotation at HB. (Forte 12 carries to Powell's 4)

No disappearing players.

Cons:

HUM run game might be OP due to Offensive Line getting to the 2nd level very quickly. Was almost like they got an explosive jump off the line.

CPU dinked and dunked a lot. Only took 1 deep shot all game. Most yardage was RAC (hence the high completion percentage for Fitzpatrick).

Zero user penalties

O-line substituted too frequently for my liking. I'm assuming that's one of the trade offs for better gameplay though.

Fitz will dink/dunk a lot....played against him too. Played second game versus Cutler....he, well played like Cutler...finished with 58% and made some horrible throws.

The run game is something I will closely monitor. Scheme has a LOT to do with it, as well as matchups. Oh...and the facemask tweak is one I made to help with run game. Just realized you played without that....probably a big factor.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 09-05-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:47 AM   #610
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey josh, I have a large sample of games in and the op is solid. Playing some great games, tons of variety. I think formations subs are key this year, it's all about the match ups. The next tweak I'm personally interested in is the injury slider. I would like to see a little more injuries and variety with out it getting out of control. I see about 1 per game, what are your thoughts on it?
Old 09-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #611

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Had just the opposite. CPU couldn't run at all and saw zero subs on both sides. Cousins did go deep quite a few times.

Maybe it's because I'm playing on 13 minutes with 18 run off?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
The two bolded statements are connected...

THAT SAID.....I did make a change to fatigue, bumping it up to 55 in CFM as well. OP has been updated.
I'm playing on 13 minute quarters with 15 run off and I see subs on both sides so I dont think his no sub issue has much of anything to do with the length of quarters. When I played Washington their backup HB got 5-6 carries for the game and that was with the starter only carrying it 19 times as is.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:54 AM   #612
Rookie

BoomerHB52's Arena

OVR: 2

Had a game yesteday vs the Panthers... Won 34-17 but the game felt really good.

Only 1 game but I did notice some changes.. Gonna name it anyway and continue to play other games later..
  • Couldn't stop Newton's passing attack, he finished 17/21 255 yds but with an INT in garbage time
  • In a couple of plays, Cam would inmediately try to scramble and then throw a pass on the run.. He was killing me with that lol
  • Panthers ran like 4 stretch plays.. averaged probably 7-8 yards on each one. Not good, but better than before
  • Panthers defense was blitzing like crazyyy. Luckily, Rodgers can throw very fast so I adapted with slants and quick passes
  • Only "downside" I saw was that I manage to rank up like 450 total yards.. Lacy ran 20 att for 155 and Rodgers went 20/27 295yds 4 tds 1 int .. Kuechly did went down with an injury so they lost their anchor there, maybe it was a factor..
  • Was playing with 13 minutes, 15 sec run off and managed to see a good variations of subs.. Jonathan Stewart had like 20 rushing attempts and their backup rb had 7-8. My OLine also rotated right about the end of the first half
Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #613
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
Hey josh, I have a large sample of games in and the op is solid. Playing some great games, tons of variety. I think formations subs are key this year, it's all about the match ups. The next tweak I'm personally interested in is the injury slider. I would like to see a little more injuries and variety with out it getting out of control. I see about 1 per game, what are your thoughts on it?
It's on my list. I want to nail down fatigue first (since that affects injuries) and then see how high we can push injuries.
Old 09-05-2016, 12:56 PM   #614
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1

im not seeing any minor injuries where the player can come back into the game. they're either long term or out-for-game. is it just me?
Old 09-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #615
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0
JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I read in a few posts that when you sim games, the injuries are really brutal. I am not sure if this is true or not but I have seen where every time I simmed the preseason I saw least 2 guys go down with injuries from 7-10 weeks. Playing the game wise I barely see any injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #616
MVP

OVR: 1

played A-Rod last night. flushed him out of the pocket so he runs left then throws 40 yds diagonally right to get a convenient receiver who ran back, all while evading both the pass rush (both of whom have 87 spd) and the receiver not being trailed in man to man by the the cb

thats borked, havent played with latest version but im back to 30th in the league on defense and cant even stop the run. will try again tonight

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »