JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 78 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #617
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I know they work with regular CFM but Would these sliders work well with Player CFM also?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #618

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Tried out the recent changes and no complaints. The CPU will throw it away quick of they are rattled and sense pressure, which Eli did on numerous occasions and is also why he had so many completions yet little yardage due to checking down immeaditely. The injuries were crazy for NYG, they lost multiple guys on defense including DRC, Beckham went down at one point, Vereen left, Cruz left but came back after a quarter but they were snake bitten with injuries. Game wouldnt have even been this close were it not for a pick 6 and a blocked FG that was returned for a TD.

New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers
Sep 5, 20161ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Giants (3-4)7014728
San Francisco 49ers (5-2)72101442
Team Stats Comparison
NYGSFO
Total Offense202496
Rushing Yards59226
Passing Yards143270
First Downs1319
Punt Return Yards021
Kick Return Yards11386
Total Yards315603
Turnovers12
3rd Down Converstion6/129/13
4th Down Conversion0/11/1
2-Point Conversion0/00/0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/02/0
Penalties1-51-15
Posession Time22:1829:42
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGNYGSFO
7:23(SFO) C. Hyde 2 Yd Run (Folk PAT)07
2:28(NYG) L. Collins 38 Yd INT Return (Brown PAT)77
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNYGSFO
12:54(SFO) A, Leach 27 Yd Pass from Kaepernick (Folk PAT)714
3:07(SFO) K. Davis 37 Yd Run (Folk PAT)721
1:33(SFO) C. Hyde 50 Yd Run (Folk PAT)728
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNYGSFO
7:23(NYG) L. Collins Returned Fumble 67 Yds (Brown PAT)1428
1:21(NYG) S. Shepard 8 Yd Pass from Manning (Brown PAT)2128
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNYGSFO
12:05(SFO) C. Kaepernick 6 Yd Run (Folk PAT)2135
7:01(NYG) A. Andrews 18 Yd Run (Brown PAT)2835
2:46(SFO) A. Leach 39 Yd Pass from Kaepernick (Folk PAT)2842
New York Giants
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Eli Manning24/3315611
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Shane Vereen10262.60
Antonio Andrews8334.11
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Sterling Shepard5479.41
Victor Cruz5459.00
Shane Vereen461.50
Pharoh Cooper3206.60
Martellus Bennett2126.00
Moritz Boehringer263.00
Antonio Andrews273.50
Odell Beckham Jr11313.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Travis Bond01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Landon Collins12012
J.T. Thomas III10000
Zach Brown9000
Charles Gaines8010
Janoris Jenkins7000
Eli Apple6000
Johnathan Hankins51.000
Darian Thompson4000
Olivier Vernon3000
Kenny Phillips2000
Jason Pierre-Paul21.000
Makinton Dorleant2000
Damon Harrison2000
Devon Kennard1000
James Laurinaitis1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Josh Brown0/04/44
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Brad Wing518336.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Makinton Dorleant13333.00
Odell Beckham Jr48020.00
San Francisco 49ers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Colin Kaepernick22/3528622
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Carlos Hyde231536.62
Knile Davis66711.11
Colin Kaepernick166.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Andres Leach812015.02
Josh Gordon812715.80
Carlos Hyde3237.60
Knile Davis2126.00
Willie Snead144.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Joshua Garnett10
Anthony Davis01
Zane Beadles01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Jimmie Ward9000
Tramaine Brock7000
Arthur Brown6000
NaVorro Bowman6000
Eric Reid5000
Aaron Dial40.500
Arik Armstead30.500
Deforest Buckner3000
Tank Carradine2000
Antoine Bethea2000
Schon Perriman2010
Aaron Lynch1000
Ronald Darby1000
Eli Harold1000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Nick Folk0/16/66
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Bradley Pinion14040.01
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Bruce Ellington48621.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Knile Davis12121.00
Old 09-05-2016, 02:33 PM   #619
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

If you guys want to see the CPU try more deep shots,
Coaching Schemes is your friend.
I've tested the CPU qb(J. Flacco) at default WC Offense scheme, to a Vertical scheme, and it worked!
He went from dink and dunk to more of a medium/deep passing game. He looked smooth rolling away from pressure and hitting the WRs deep!

Sidenote: I also reset my gameplay/penalty sliders back to default (all 50)
Old 09-05-2016, 02:36 PM   #620
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
I read in a few posts that when you sim games, the injuries are really brutal. I am not sure if this is true or not but I have seen where every time I simmed the preseason I saw least 2 guys go down with injuries from 7-10 weeks. Playing the game wise I barely see any injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried simming with injuries at 55. It was the equivalent of the Black Plague for the whole league. At 50 not seeing many injuries, I can sim through the pre season without one.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #621
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

A couple of housekeeping items:
  • Defender pursuit, fatigue, injuries, and penalties (if possible) are still on my list of things to look at in order of importance.
  • I have a massive project at work this week that has to be done next Monday. I'm going to have extremely limited play time in the interim...but sorry, work pays the bills, sliders don't
  • Really double-check and even triple-check your settings. I played a game on Twitch last night and I had a setting messed up that affected things.
  • It was posted last night, but might have been buried. But, I did bump CFM fatigue back to 55 last night. It is reflected in the OP.

Mini-rant time....

Raise your hand if you are here to play football? Me too....I'm not here to play Strat-O-Matic....

Even Madden football is not some arcane number-crunching ordeal...it should feel like a living, breathing thing. The term average does not mean that every game plays the same way every time with the exact same stats every single time....it means that over the course of a season, this is what the typical game measures out as.

I had a game last night where I scored on a long TD run because the gap LB tripped over the leg of one of the o-linemen. Had he not tripped, he would've stopped me for a big loss...instead, it is a 71 yard TD....inflating what have been nearly "perfect" final numbers. But hell....stuff like that happens in the NFL....plays are often made or broken by a matter of mere inches.

That's the unpredictability I want....but guess what, that means higher variance from game to game stats....meaning, you need a larger sample size before drawing statistically-based conclusions. I can build sliders from the stats I get from my games, but they will be "Josh's sliders for himself"...plus it would be boring as **it. I look at sliders from an animation/reaction perspective - do the actions on the field match what we would see (within reason) on Sunday?

So what does that mean? It means you sometimes get blowouts, sometimes you get beat down, sometimes you get a low scoring game and others are shootouts. It means sometimes a great player makes a ridiculous play for a big gain...it means sometimes a mediocre player sucks wad...guess what...welcome to football.

Don't get me wrong....I love seeing boxscores and hearing about great/crappy games. But my goal is getting dynamic gameplay where anything can happen and have every game feel different. Yes, there are still some flaws to be fixed and I am working on them, but that goes into the bucket of not wanting to see the same things every game (whether it be overpowered run games, underpowered passing games, etc.). Once we get the core gameplay right, stats will take care of themselves over the long haul.

...end rant
Old 09-05-2016, 02:58 PM   #622
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
  • Defender pursuit, fatigue, injuries, and penalties (if possible) are still on my list of things to look at in order of importance.
  • I have a massive project at work this week that has to be done next Monday. I'm going to have extremely limited play time in the interim...but sorry, work pays the bills, sliders don't
  • Really double-check and even triple-check your settings. I played a game on Twitch last night and I had a setting messed up that affected things.
  • It was posted last night, but might have been buried. But, I did bump CFM fatigue back to 55 last night. It is reflected in the OP.

Mini-rant time....

Raise your hand if you are here to play football? Me too....I'm not here to play Strat-O-Matic....

Even Madden football is not some arcane number-crunching ordeal...it should feel like a living, breathing thing. The term average does not mean that every game plays the same way every time with the exact same stats every single time....it means that over the course of a season, this is what the typical game measures out as.

I had a game last night where I scored on a long TD run because the gap LB tripped over the leg of one of the o-linemen. Had he not tripped, he would've stopped me for a big loss...instead, it is a 71 yard TD....inflating what have been nearly "perfect" final numbers. But hell....stuff like that happens in the NFL....plays are often made or broken by a matter of mere inches.

That's the unpredictability I want....but guess what, that means higher variance from game to game stats....meaning, you need a larger sample size before drawing statistically-based conclusions. I can build sliders from the stats I get from my games, but they will be "Josh's sliders for himself"...plus it would be boring as **it. I look at sliders from an animation/reaction perspective - do the actions on the field match what we would see (within reason) on Sunday?

So what does that mean? It means you sometimes get blowouts, sometimes you get beat down, sometimes you get a low scoring game and others are shootouts. It means sometimes a great player makes a ridiculous play for a big gain...it means sometimes a mediocre player sucks wad...guess what...welcome to football.

Don't get me wrong....I love seeing boxscores and hearing about great/crappy games. But my goal is getting dynamic gameplay where anything can happen and have every game feel different. Yes, there are still some flaws to be fixed and I am working on them, but that goes into the bucket of not wanting to see the same things every game (whether it be overpowered run games, underpowered passing games, etc.). Once we get the core gameplay right, stats will take care of themselves over the long haul.

...end rant
Well Said!! And I saw that play, was a real trip, was awesome. Any other adjustments from last night besides the 55 fatigue in MM and CFM?

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 09-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #623
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Wanted to say the same thing earlier and got side tracked. Sliders are about getting the product on field to closest match what we see on Sunday in terms of how the players move and react. Stats are secondary / irrelevant in slider testing because once the game plays "correctly" the stats will follow suit based on the user, Rosters, play styles etc
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-05-2016, 03:19 PM   #624
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Mini-rant time....

...end rant

Well said josh. In that case I am deleting tuner and plugging in the new OP settings and going to stream 1 game or so and continue on with my Bears. twitch: MvPeterson2828

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »