JoshC1977's M17 Sliders - Page 88 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-07-2016, 09:31 PM   #697
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Hey guys millennium just tweeted that penalties does not have any gameplay effect on gameplay. He got it from Rex or Clint I assume. Just wan to let everyone knows in case you are interested.

https://twitter.com/millenniumos/sta...52362162532352

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2016, 09:49 PM   #698
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Thanks for all the work you guys have done! Trying a bit of an experiment...started a new franchise with OP settings, chose the Raiders and cut their whole team, picked up a whole team of rookies under 70 ovr rating, going to try a season and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be terrible!

Going to try not to get antsy and play out the season, first game vs NO was disappointing, won easily, O had close to 500 yds and D held Brees and Co. To barely 200.

My secondary was all over their wr somehow, forcing multiple throw aways by Brees and forcing 2 ints. Pressure was average, 2 sacks both by DT that beat the guard very quickly. NO running game was anemic, their O line opened no holes.

My O moved the ball easily qb was 75% and running backs over 4.5 a carry some monster holes opened up on up the middle runs, and wr seemed to have little trouble creating space. Pass protection did struggle a bit giving up 4 sacks but that was probably more due to my indecisiveness.

I only use coach suggested plays and try my best to mix them up and not spam screens and mesh's. On D I use the no switch rule, usually controlling mlb or safety, I don't run or pass guess unless its goal line or 5 wide ..

Hoping the next game will be a bit tougher for my 51 ovr team
Very interesting. I'm curious to see how this goes, definitely should be tougher. Eventually ill be on all madden though once I get use to the new mechanics. I wonder how these play with only that switch.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #699
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hey guys millennium just tweeted that penalties does not have any gameplay effect on gameplay. He got it from Rex or Clint I assume. Just wan to let everyone knows in case you are interested.

I'm not imagining it when I change the sliders though...
Old 09-07-2016, 10:43 PM   #700
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:

Ok so why when I raise Holding to 55, both teams run so much better? Also pass blk seems to be stronger too!
Went back to default and it's hard to run for both teams when making the right calls
Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #701
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

I tweeted clint oldenburg about the auto sub sliders in the main menu affecting gameplay. He said "are we talking about the same thing? Auto sub sliders affect auto subs."

So I gave him a run down of what I saw. He let me PM him my findings and said he would send them on to his "testers" but he said he would be shocked if they affected gameplay. He then said, "but you never know, code gets crazy sometimes."

What does that say about them? I appreciate the responses, but when Ive been able to adjust auto subs to affect gameplay with NCAA 14 the exact same way that we adjust them now and get the same results, it makes me wonder how in touch they are with there product.

My eyes havent decieved me with what Ive been able to do.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:05 PM   #702
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:

At this point I'm not even sure devs know what affects what
Old 09-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #703
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
People used to think the world was flat, people used to think that the "bad humors" caused disease, people used to think Gods caused natural disasters. Science, which is the art of testing and observation, disproved all of those myths....but in all instances, there were people that held onto their "beliefs" for a long time even though the evidence stared them in the face.

This is no different.

That's all I have to say about that.......
Lmao preach!! It's common freakin sense tho... You increase HOLDING... Running and pass blocking is going to get a boost.. More holding= better "blocking" ...how could it NOT affect gameplay haha
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-07-2016, 11:23 PM   #704
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I am getting a lot better defensive games with KCI "off" in both MM and CFM. This is with playing 8 games "on" and 8 games "off".
How so? I'm just trying to make the defense competent I don't want it to be over powered. I already have opi and IG off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »