Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #713
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Lmao preach!! It's common freakin sense tho... You increase HOLDING... Running and pass blocking is going to get a boost.. More holding= better "blocking" ...how could it NOT affect gameplay haha
I miss a day of the thread for work and we had a discussion about Columbus, humoral theory, and empiricism?! As a scholar of the early modern period, this comes as a really pleasant surprise.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #714
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Im not here to convince anyone about anything. I'm just passing what Rex or Clint confirmed to Millennium. If you want to believe. Feel free if not same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this is clarified: I've never stated any names that confirmed this as my source so please do not take the comment I quoted that way.

Again - just for clarification.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!

Last edited by Millennium; 09-08-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:21 PM   #715
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
The only real difference between my rookie team and a normal team is awareness, which greatly affects overall stats. I was hoping with this slider set that doesn't touch sliders (which is awesome!!) that awareness would have more of an impact than on more traditional slider sets. I'll post next game results after I finish work today and get a chance to play.
Definitely shows how awareness doesnt come into play when usering on offense. Defense should be blowing coversges all over the place though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #716
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
So...there have been some concerns about the injury frequency and that they nearly all (if not all) lead to longer-term injuries and that short-term injuries (i.e. a few plays or a quarter) are not happening like they did.

I PM'd Armor&Sword earlier today as he is using a pure 60/80 setup for autosubs. He too is seeing minimal short-duration injuries...I suspect the even lower subs we're using here are slightly exacerbating that. I have not had time to test that assumption and I think it would take some time to decipher.

My guess is that this is more of a game-tuning issue outside of our control and as such, I am moving forward with things "as is" until further data can be collected on the gameplay, results, etc. Our information on the injury sliders in-game is minimal and unfortunately, could take dozens, if not 100s of games at various settings to really gather any meaningful data.

Just intended as more of an update than anything.

My suggestion is to run a few / handful of sims and see what INJ setting brings about the most realistic result for the CPU teams and then roll with that...

There's always been few injuries in played games and to get those up to par, one can end up with CPU opponent having disproportionately long injury list...
Old 09-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #717
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
My suggestion is to run a few / handful of sims and see what INJ setting brings about the most realistic result for the CPU teams and then roll with that...

There's always been few injuries in played games and to get those up to par, one can end up with CPU opponent having disproportionately long injury list...
That is the frustrating thing in a way....50 injury is actually pretty good for simmed games...solid variety.

In game, it isn't the number of injuries that is the issue, it is that nearly every injury is of the multi-week variety.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #718
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Definitely shows how awareness doesnt come into play when usering on offense. Defense should be blowing coversges all over the place though.
Just finished second game with my 51 ovr team of rookies vs atl. The Falcons put up a much better fight than the Saints, but the rooks still won 45-42.

Some stuff: joe licata was over 300 and 74% for me. I'm not seeing any downside to rookie wr with very low ovr and low awareness. They break open on routes basically the same as decent veterans I've played with.

The same goes for Oline, they gave up zero sacks this week. I don't generally hold the ball forever (read D at snap, look at number one option based on coverage, maybe go to second but then it's throw away or run, but still dline aren't shedding Oline at all for any quick sacks) So that's a total of 2 sacks in 2 weeks. Also they are opening huge holes for my rbs (I generally audible to pass if unfavorable front) who again averaged 4.5 for 131 yds (24 carries for starter 4 for backup) I'd get the majority of my yards totally untouched (only had 2 broken tackles)

D was a bit tougher than week 1, freeman went for 90 on 21 but the majority of that was on a 46 yard run vs a blitz.

Ryan was 61% for 353 1td 0 ints he did hit jones singled up 1v1 a few times for big jump ball plays. But in general he threw away far too many balls due to tight coverage than I'd have thought vs what should be a poor secondary, especially on last drive where he took 2 sacks and threw it away twice to go 4 and out. Those were the only 2 sacks of the game and they were again a DT beating guard immediately on snap.

Game was fun to play but starting to think that it doesn't really matter who you throw out there if you have an idea of what you're doing in a game. I'll try a few more and let ya know what happens ��

Last edited by Woad23; 09-08-2016 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #719
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That is the frustrating thing in a way....50 injury is actually pretty good for simmed games...solid variety.

In game, it isn't the number of injuries that is the issue, it is that nearly every injury is of the multi-week variety.
How 'bout 50 for sims and 40 or 25 or 10 (to name three numbers prob worth a look) for the played ones?

I think you're on to something with that slider now being tied to severity, or why would they have reset it to 10 this year...

Hmm...

Furthermore:

Fatigue has always been tied to injury frequency in the past (high fatigue = more injuries)...

IF there's more of an "injury severity" thing going on this year, with the super touchy fatigue?

Well...maybe higher fatigue = more SEVERE injuries?

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-08-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #720
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Just finished second game with my 51 ovr team of rookies vs atl. The Falcons put up a much better fight than the Saints, but the rooks still won 45-42.

Some stuff: joe licata was over 300 and 74% for me. I'm not seeing any downside to rookie wr with very low ovr and low awareness. They break open on routes basically the same as decent veterans I've played with.

The same goes for Oline, they gave up zero sacks this week. I don't generally hold the ball forever (read D at snap, look at number one option based on coverage, maybe go to second but then it's throw away or run, but still dline aren't shedding Oline at all for any quick sacks) So that's a total of 2 sacks in 2 weeks. Also they are opening huge holes for my rbs (I generally audible to pass if unfavorable front) who again averaged 4.5 for 131 yds (24 carries for starter 4 for backup) I'd get the majority of my yards totally untouched (only had 2 broken tackles)

D was a bit tougher than week 1, freeman went for 90 on 21 but the majority of that was on a 46 yard run vs a blitz.

Ryan was 61% for 353 1td 0 ints he did hit jones singled up 1v1 a few times for big jump ball plays. But in general he threw away far too many balls due to tight coverage than I'd have thought vs what should be a poor secondary, especially on last drive where he took 2 sacks and threw it away twice to go 4 and out. Those were the only 2 sacks of the game and they were again a DT beating guard immediately on snap.

Game was fun to play but starting to think that it doesn't really matter who you throw out there if you have an idea of what you're doing in a game. I'll try a few more and let ya know what happens ��
Just spit-balling a bit...but this is actually a tad concerning to me. You're right, this team should be struggling a bit more than it has.

Makes me wonder if we have gotten too far away from what properly reflects player ratings.

You might want to delete your profile in game and see if it tightens anything up. If not, se may need to try to gravitate more back towards default (likely after the next patch).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »