Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #721
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
How 'bout 50 for sims and 40 or 25 or 10 (to name three numbers prob worth a look) for the played ones?

I think you're on to something with that slider now being tied to severity, or why would they have reset it to 10 this year...

Hmm...

Furthermore:

Fatigue has always been tied to injury frequency in the past (high fatigue = more injuries)...

IF there's more of an "injury severity" thing going on this year, with the super touchy fatigue?

Well...maybe higher fatigue = more SEVERE injuries?
Maybe we should lower fatigue to test Sims and Played games?
Possibly less severe injuries?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #722
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Maybe we should lower fatigue to test Sims and Played games?
Possibly less severe injuries?
Well, it's plausible...
Old 09-08-2016, 08:16 PM   #723
Rookie

Hockey13Playa's Arena

I'm my 2nd season with these sliders.

User run game is pretty much non existent and the cpu just steam rolls breaks takles puts up 150+ yards every game
Old 09-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #724
Only 7 Patients Lost

Doctor_Doom's Arena

Running game for me is hit or miss, as it should be. I've had a 200+ yard game but I usually end up between 60-90. Same thing with the computer, some games they run all over me and some games they're fairly ineffective. I'm digging these but I wonder if passing is a little easy. I currently have 4th most passing yards with RG3.

Last edited by Doctor_Doom; 09-09-2016 at 12:52 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:42 PM   #725
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just spit-balling a bit...but this is actually a tad concerning to me. You're right, this team should be struggling a bit more than it has.

Makes me wonder if we have gotten too far away from what properly reflects player ratings.

You might want to delete your profile in game and see if it tightens anything up. If not, se may need to try to gravitate more back towards default (likely after the next patch).
My faith in Madden has been (somewhat) restored! After another similar start in week 3 I decided I needed something to compare my 51 team to. So I ordered a pizza and set about raising all my rookies awr to 95. I simmed to the next week to clear any weird bugs that might exist and set about playing vs Bal...my team rating jumped to a 71 and the difference was obvious.

The difference in O play was less than that of D but still noticeable, mostly in players special type stuff (ball carriers spin and juke moves way more affective, wr winning an occasional jump ball, things of that nature)

The big difference was in the D, dline made many more plays in the run game, shedding blocks to make tackles, had a pick 6 by CB who came off his wr running a go to pick the out underneath, lots of batted balls by lb in zones...held bal to 6 points winning 42-6.

This tells me a couple things:1) awr seems to be working like it did last year (wish I could remember who posted it) basically players skills drop to the awr level, if spin is 80 but awr is 50 spin is only 50..as awr raises spin will rise along with it up to 80.
2) I am going to have to move to all madden for my season

going to try and use your settings and just change to all madden hopefully it'll translate well, because I loved the way it played overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #726
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
My faith in Madden has been (somewhat) restored! After another similar start in week 3 I decided I needed something to compare my 51 team to. So I ordered a pizza and set about raising all my rookies awr to 95. I simmed to the next week to clear any weird bugs that might exist and set about playing vs Bal...my team rating jumped to a 71 and the difference was obvious.

The difference in O play was less than that of D but still noticeable, mostly in players special type stuff (ball carriers spin and juke moves way more affective, wr winning an occasional jump ball, things of that nature)

The big difference was in the D, dline made many more plays in the run game, shedding blocks to make tackles, had a pick 6 by CB who came off his wr running a go to pick the out underneath, lots of batted balls by lb in zones...held bal to 6 points winning 42-6.

This tells me a couple things:1) awr seems to be working like it did last year (wish I could remember who posted it) basically players skills drop to the awr level, if spin is 80 but awr is 50 spin is only 50..as awr raises spin will rise along with it up to 80.
2) I am going to have to move to all madden for my season

going to try and use your settings and just change to all madden hopefully it'll translate well, because I loved the way it played overall
The man you're talking about is kaliib. And yes awr affects how good the other ratings actually work. 99 cth on a 50 awr guy isn't the same as 99 cth on a 85 awr guy. It's night and day. I don't think it drops to the level of arw though. It's a tier based system. So you lose a percentage.

As for your games I believe you just have extremely good stick skills and might need more of a challenge.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 09-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:24 PM   #727
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
That is the frustrating thing in a way....50 injury is actually pretty good for simmed games...solid variety.

In game, it isn't the number of injuries that is the issue, it is that nearly every injury is of the multi-week variety.
just as a heads up I have just finished 2 preseasons (parallel CFM's) and had *zero injuries*. Previous CFM I had 8 players injured for multiple weeks / IR'd pretty much from preseason 4.

I am just wondering if the last patch moved the needle back down on injuries. Or, maybe I've just been lucky with these two CFM preseasons and should expect injuries back to normal at any time.

I would rather have too many than too few as injuries / depth players are a major component of realism.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #728
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
As for your games I believe you just have extremely good stick skills and might need more of a challenge.
Yeah, would love to know how these work on all madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »