Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2016, 09:29 PM   #873
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
My last two games in my Cowboys franchise I held the CPU to 10 and 9 points. I am not seeing what you mention above.

Well that is great to hear. I mean I love the challenge. Just have to work through these growing pains. I'm done messing with sliders, and I've started, so I won't change anything at this point. Oh... I guess I do play 13 minutes also, with a runoff to 17 sec. So that is a bit different.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-21-2016, 09:50 PM   #874
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I want to roll with these. I really do. I mean Charter, I know you know your stuff. I've been around here forever, but man... Please tell me these play way different after about 4 games, and especially preseason. I'm playing as the Chiefs, and just finished second game of preseason and got waxed by the Rams 41-7. I can't stop anything on defense. I mean I know football. I played and coached, so I have a grasp of what plays do what, but if they run, my D line is just stuck to them like glue. If they pass nobody is within 5 or more yards from them. The first game against the Seattle was just as bad. I've given up over 450 yards rushing in two games. I also switch on D. I start as MLB though, then switch to closest player. I have sliders and settings exactly like first post with two exceptions... I have CPU Pass block at 15, and Hum pass block at 55. Anyways...I'm not knocking these by any means, but just wanting some info as if anybody else experienced this early on, or if after preseason things play a lot different? The Rams?? Come on mang..the Rams.

Yes they do. I was getting killed the the preseason too. I don't know why things seem different in preseason games versus regular season. Even when starters are playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2016, 10:00 PM   #875
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes they do. I was getting killed the the preseason too. I don't know why things seem different in preseason games versus regular season. Even when starters are playing

I figured that may be the case. As I said..I am not changing anything at this point, so I'll either adjust, or it'll be a long year for the Chiefs.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 06:38 AM   #876
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just started my 4th season with the Bears. I finally have a pretty good d line. Yet I just played my first preseason game of the 2020 season and I'm still getting burned on big running plays. I mean, I haven't modified anything with your set, so im not sure whether it has to do with the CPU run block, cpu reaction or even hum tackling or reaction. Last season, teams were running all over me. Finished the season dead last in rushing yards allowed(2,120 Yds allowed). So I'm not sure what to do.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:45 AM   #877
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiganspot
Just started my 4th season with the Bears. I finally have a pretty good d line. Yet I just played my first preseason game of the 2020 season and I'm still getting burned on big running plays. I mean, I haven't modified anything with your set, so im not sure whether it has to do with the CPU run block, cpu reaction or even hum tackling or reaction. Last season, teams were running all over me. Finished the season dead last in rushing yards allowed(2,120 Yds allowed). So I'm not sure what to do.
That's actually about 132 yds per game. That is not the worst ypg to give up on the ground with a weak defense. I'm talking irl nfl stats too. Maybe 10 yds too high. What are your exact slider settings. Cpu rblk and hum tak?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 10:24 AM   #878
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I want to roll with these. I really do. I mean Charter, I know you know your stuff. I've been around here forever, but man... Please tell me these play way different after about 4 games, and especially preseason. I'm playing as the Chiefs, and just finished second game of preseason and got waxed by the Rams 41-7. I can't stop anything on defense. I mean I know football. I played and coached, so I have a grasp of what plays do what, but if they run, my D line is just stuck to them like glue. If they pass nobody is within 5 or more yards from them. The first game against the Seattle was just as bad. I've given up over 450 yards rushing in two games. I also switch on D. I start as MLB though, then switch to closest player. I have sliders and settings exactly like first post with two exceptions... I have CPU Pass block at 15, and Hum pass block at 55. Anyways...I'm not knocking these by any means, but just wanting some info as if anybody else experienced this early on, or if after preseason things play a lot different? The Rams?? Come on mang..the Rams.
Turn HUM TAK up by a point per game. I wouldnt mess with CPU RB. HUM TAK seems to affect pursuit and angles. The higher it goes, the better your guys will chase down plays. And interestingly enough the way your DLineman try to get after running plays.

EDIT: I have a chiefs redraft franchise where I have Keuchly as my 4-3 MLB and at these base sliders hes all over the field. Attributes for players matter. Look at your LB's Pursuit, Play Recog, Awareness and Tackling. ALL of those effect how they chase down or DO NOT chase down running play.s
Old 09-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #879
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiganspot

It really depends on what's causing the yards to be so high. If it's due to the CPU getting huge holes to run through then lower CPU run block. If it's that their RB is always breaking tackles for big gains then raise user tackling. If it's both then do both.

Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #880
Pro

OVR: 6

I have been getting some off the wall/inconsistent results in pre season as well. I'm glad to hear things settle down during season.

I have made some personal tweaks to the set based on these pre season games, but - by the sounds of it - maybe I should have held off.

Charter, can you sum up your thoughts on the regular season games you have played so far and what changes from the base you may be considering?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »