Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders - Page 111 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #881
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiganspot
Just started my 4th season with the Bears. I finally have a pretty good d line. Yet I just played my first preseason game of the 2020 season and I'm still getting burned on big running plays. I mean, I haven't modified anything with your set, so im not sure whether it has to do with the CPU run block, cpu reaction or even hum tackling or reaction. Last season, teams were running all over me. Finished the season dead last in rushing yards allowed(2,120 Yds allowed). So I'm not sure what to do.

It really depends on what's causing the yards to be so high. If it's due to the CPU getting huge holes to run through then lower CPU run block. If it's that their RB is always breaking tackles for big gains then raise user tackling. If it's both then do both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 10:37 AM   #882
Pro

OVR: 6

I have been getting some off the wall/inconsistent results in pre season as well. I'm glad to hear things settle down during season.

I have made some personal tweaks to the set based on these pre season games, but - by the sounds of it - maybe I should have held off.

Charter, can you sum up your thoughts on the regular season games you have played so far and what changes from the base you may be considering?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #883
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Turn HUM TAK up by a point per game. I wouldnt mess with CPU RB. HUM TAK seems to affect pursuit and angles. The higher it goes, the better your guys will chase down plays. And interestingly enough the way your DLineman try to get after running plays.

EDIT: I have a chiefs redraft franchise where I have Keuchly as my 4-3 MLB and at these base sliders hes all over the field. Attributes for players matter. Look at your LB's Pursuit, Play Recog, Awareness and Tackling. ALL of those effect how they chase down or DO NOT chase down running play.s
Yes. I play with the Cowboys. I played with the Seahawks. What a big difference in Defense. Seattle was much better, and that's what I probably love the most about these sliders.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 11:22 AM   #884
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
That's actually about 132 yds per game. That is not the worst ypg to give up on the ground with a weak defense. I'm talking irl nfl stats too. Maybe 10 yds too high. What are your exact slider settings. Cpu rblk and hum tak?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm using Charters exact sliders. I have cpu run block and hum tak at 40 & 55
Old 09-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #885
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Turn HUM TAK up by a point per game. I wouldnt mess with CPU RB. HUM TAK seems to affect pursuit and angles. The higher it goes, the better your guys will chase down plays. And interestingly enough the way your DLineman try to get after running plays.

EDIT: I have a chiefs redraft franchise where I have Keuchly as my 4-3 MLB and at these base sliders hes all over the field. Attributes for players matter. Look at your LB's Pursuit, Play Recog, Awareness and Tackling. ALL of those effect how they chase down or DO NOT chase down running play.s
Sounds like i have some testing to do.
Yeah, I run a 3-4 defense and my MLB's aren't that good. I still have Danny Trevathan, who's pretty good. Theres such a huge difference between good and great linebackers in the game, I love it. You can easily tell from the elite linebackers
Old 09-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #886
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
It really depends on what's causing the yards to be so high. If it's due to the CPU getting huge holes to run through then lower CPU run block. If it's that their RB is always breaking tackles for big gains then raise user tackling. If it's both then do both.

The holes aren't big at all. It's mostly due to the cpu rb breaking off tackles. It happens more often with the outside runs. It'll happen with inside runs as well, but not nearly as often.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:31 AM   #887
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiganspot
The holes aren't big at all. It's mostly due to the cpu rb breaking off tackles. It happens more often with the outside runs. It'll happen with inside runs as well, but not nearly as often.

I would raise user tackling then.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:16 PM   #888
22 Time Big 10 Champs

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Well that is great to hear. I mean I love the challenge. Just have to work through these growing pains. I'm done messing with sliders, and I've started, so I won't change anything at this point. Oh... I guess I do play 13 minutes also, with a runoff to 17 sec. So that is a bit different.
That is exactly what I use also, 13 min quarters with 17 sec runoff.
I have found that it doesn't provide quite enough plays per game but it is close.
I just beat the Bengals in my Cowboys season 28-18. They scored a late TD while I was in prevent the whole possession.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »