Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2016, 09:05 PM   #1009
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
My problem is I can hardly get any sacks at 20. It seems as soon as I make a move to the qb, he gets rid of the ball. I play Dline btw. I think alot of people here do not play on the line? If not, how is your team doing with sacks.The thing is, the game is playing amazing. I mean the best football game by far. It seems the cpu needed that extra second or 2 to pass downfield or into the middle of the field. Good qbs are really standing out. And it seems like they are going to the #1 wr more. I actually do not want to touch anything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I usually user the LB closest to the TE because the TE is always open on the stick route so I do my best to cover it
Old 09-30-2016, 09:11 PM   #1010
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown Bob
I usually user the LB closest to the TE because the TE is always open on the stick route so I do my best to cover it
I think charter may be working on something to fix that.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 09:36 PM   #1011
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

The key is user coverage. If it's too high the CPU won't throw it. That's what I discovered. Some think if you keep pass accuracy high they will take more chances. They won't. I tried 50 accuracy with CPU pass block at 0 and even though they got pressured they wouldn't force it. I noticed my user coverage was really tight especially man at 50. So I started lowering it. The CPU started throwing down field more. It makes sense. The CPU is programmed to throw to the open man and not throw picks.

So I got to thinking that if I loosened coverage and raised the defenders reaction time they would have a little loser coverage so the CPU would throw it and defenders quickly reacting could help with a lot. Also lower accuracy would actually be usefull.

I tried the same for the CPU coverage cause I thought it could cause more contested passes. More traffic.

It seems to be working.

0 pass block works well because it puts the same pressure on the CPU as the user. The other things allow them to throw it on time.

Seems like my theories may work.

I'm still trying to balance the user and CPU run game.

Here is the new setting that includes the run game changes

User

CPU

I'm trying this with 50 threshold and default penalties. They can be tested with my op thresh and penalties too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2016, 09:40 PM   #1012
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
The key is user coverage. If it's too high the CPU won't throw it. That's what I discovered. Some think if you keep pass accuracy high they will take more chances. They won't. I tried 50 accuracy with CPU pass block at 0 and even though they got pressured they wouldn't force it. I noticed my user coverage was really tight especially man at 50. So I started lowering it. The CPU started throwing down field more. It makes sense. The CPU is programmed to throw to the open man and not throw picks.

So I got to thinking that if I loosened coverage and raised the defenders reaction time they would have a little loser coverage so the CPU would throw it and defenders quickly reacting could help with a lot. Also lower accuracy would actually be usefull.

I tried the same for the CPU coverage cause I thought it could cause more contested passes. More traffic.

It seems to be working.

0 pass block works well because it puts the same pressure on the CPU as the user. The other things allow them to throw it on time.

Seems like my theories may work.

I'm still trying to balance the user and CPU run game.

Here is the new setting that includes the run game changes

User

CPU

I'm trying this with 50 threshold and default penalties. They can be tested with my op thresh and penalties too.
My results were with op penalties and th at 55. Not sure it that made a difference ill try on default.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 09:50 PM   #1013
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

That definitely makes sense. After raising cpu pass blk to 20, the qb then had time to check down and or wait for the #1 wr to get open. The qb ai was not just hanging onto the ball for no reason. Think about all-pro level, where it was 10x worse. The coverage at default was way too much. I know AP is better now, but you remember what it was like in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #1014
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

When I say new settings I mean what I'm testing. I haven't officially change anything.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:14 PM   #1015
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Charter,

I'm having a problem with CPU RB's breaking off for big runs each game.

Like I played through the Pats vs Cardinals opening season game twice, and both times Johnsons finished with 150+ yards on about 20-23 attempts. He would usually only get 2-5 each carry, but would always have 1 or 2 HUGE breakaway runs where no one touched him for like 75+ yards and a TD.

It's not like he broke tackles on those runs, he just had such excellent blocking none of my defenders even had a chance to touch him. This with CPU run block at 40 and Human tackle at 50.

Should I try lowering CPU run block some more? Or do you think your new Human pass reaction and coverage setttings would help more? It's not like my guys reacted slowly, they were just all glued to a blocker as Johnsons waltz'd right past.

Anyone else getting these miraculous CPU RB runs?

Everything else is perfect!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #1016
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Charter,

I'm having a problem with CPU RB's breaking off for big runs each game.

Like I played through the Pats vs Cardinals opening season game twice, and both times Johnsons finished with 150+ yards on about 20-23 attempts. He would usually only get 2-5 each carry, but would always have 1 or 2 HUGE breakaway runs where no one touched him for like 75+ yards and a TD.

It's not like he broke tackles on those runs, he just had such excellent blocking none of my defenders even had a chance to touch him. This with CPU run block at 40 and Human tackle at 50.

Should I try lowering CPU run block some more? Or do you think your new Human pass reaction and coverage setttings would help more? It's not like my guys reacted slowly, they were just all glued to a blocker as Johnsons waltz'd right past.

Anyone else getting these miraculous CPU RB runs?

Everything else is perfect!

I've had this exact same problem on every slider set I've tried. Every game the CPU gets like 6 or 7 YPC average because they break a few 40+ yard runs, with the rest of their runs being 1-2 yards or even a loss of yards. I suppose it could be my play calling, although I think I am pretty decent at play calling and have never had this issue before in previous maddens. I've been having this problem both pre tuner and post tuner. And like I said, it isn't specific to this slider set. I have this problem with every set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »