Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 01:01 PM   #1209
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Agreed. That's why this game is killing me. So close to being great but on all pro no matter the sliders I win every game. And on all madden rating don't mean anything. Sad to say but I might just have to retire m17
Old 10-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #1210
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
I think the biggest problem is once you move up to All Madden ratings seem to matter little if at all.

When Ive tested All Pro sliders for instance, at 50/50 on all, Mack was able to consistently beat a 75 overall RT. Never ever the case on All Madden. Now, the CPU would just throw the ball away, or stand there idly by while getting sacked. But still.

Then again, Ive won every game Ive played on All Pro. So there is no solution that I see.

No trust me All Pro is no different as far as respecting ratings. You can put a kicker at tackle and get pretty much the same result as far as blocking goes as if you have a All Pro guy in there.

There will be a certain level of pass rush based on difficulty no matter who the OL are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #1211
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Just want to clarify. I'm not saying no ratings matter now. I'm talking specifically OL DL and QB.

I don't see much difference from a 60-90 at OL or QB as far as results.

Other ratings still matter.

I do think the difficulty level overrides some of that to create challenge.

I still enjoy the game I'm just frustrated with how little control we have on tuning things to our liking.

You can either play the game as EA wants it to be or a slightly modified version of their way. There are no ways to change much in a more extreme way.

So the run blocking, pass blocking, and QB play are pretty much it. Not much we can do about it

I need to test more but it doesn't seem like WR/TE skill ratings matter as much anymore. I played through a few of my preseason games with my tiny 7th round WR (5'10, 180 and a 66 ovr) who's skills are awful but he has 96 for speed and 95 for acc. I gave him some reps with the 1st team (so he was facing the opponents #1 CB) and he was out there looking like Antonio Brown. He caught a lot of balls in traffic and over the middle.

My first season in my Jets CFM I relied heavily on Brandon Marshall because there was a noticeable difference with him and everyone else - even Eric Decker. He would consistently beat press coverage and would usually get open on slants as well. Now it doesn't seem to matter. I'm tempted to play a game with Marshall & Decker on the pine as a test and only use my young WRs who are all in the 60s ovr.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #1212
Rookie

Charter,
I looked back at previous posts and could not find the answer.

What is the set you are using from the first page? are you seeing a good enough challenge despite the ratings issues?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:25 PM   #1213
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

I think when it comes down do it we are guilty (me for sure) of obsessing over this stuff to much.

It's Madden. It's going to play like Madden. No sliders or rosters or any of that will make it something it's not.

I enjoy playing it. The thing to do is just accept it as it is. It's not going to play just like a real NFL game. Opinions will differ on what that really means anyway. Lol

I did it last year and I'm doing it this year. I'm going to just enjoy the game. I'm not getting obsessed with perfection.

Old 10-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #1214
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I think when it comes down do it we are guilty (me for sure) of obsessing over this stuff to much.

It's Madden. It's going to play like Madden. No sliders or rosters or any of that will make it something it's not.

I enjoy playing it. The thing to do is just accept it as it is. It's not going to play just like a real NFL game. Opinions will differ on what that really means anyway. Lol

I did it last year and I'm doing it this year. I'm going to just enjoy the game. I'm not getting obsessed with perfection.

No doubt. But before this patch, the game was playing as close to perfect as could be. Probably ever. After 10 games I was 5-5. Stats and everything. Yes, I'm in total freak out mode lol. Asking every poster what they see on all-pro and all madden. Pre patch, post patch. Lol. I probably should apologize on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2016, 03:33 PM   #1215
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
No doubt. But before this patch, the game was playing as close to perfect as could be. Probably ever. After 10 games I was 5-5. Stats and everything. Yes, I'm in total freak out mode lol. Asking every poster what they see on all-pro and all madden. Pre patch, post patch. Lol. I probably should apologize on the forum.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I understand it for sure. Spend a month getting things almost great only to have it changed and start all over. That's my issue with patches.

If it's a bug that needs fixed fine but, leave the core gameplay alone.

Every time core gameplay gets adjusted it affects to many other things.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #1216
Banned

Charter, when are you dropping your new sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »