Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders - Page 168 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-21-2017, 03:10 PM   #1337
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak84
Charter, do your fatigue, injury, and auto subs setting influence actual gameplay or are they just for getting realistic subs and injuries?

In other words, can I use my own settings for these three things and still have your sliders work?
The fatigue slider will have some sort of an affect on game play. especially in the second half. not sure how much though.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #1338
Rookie

OVR: 0

With parity at 65, do you still see speedy offensive guys being able to take advantage of slower defensive players? I actually play ball professionally and I'm aware that 65 parity probably is a little more realistic to what we see across positions. However, while playing the game, id like to know that a fast receiver won't be ran with every play by a slow DB. Every now and then, there's a guy who you really just can't leave manned up on an island by himself without safety help somewhere due to speed (and obviously other ratings).

Hope my question comes off clearly. spend a lot of my offseason on the sticks trying to play realistic type seasons w the homies
Old 02-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #1339
Rookie

The game is playing much better after the update, and these sliders play well, but after 12 games I'm seeing some issues crop up consistently.

1. CPU QBs are far more accurate than player QBs, even with substantially lower ratings.
2. CPU OLine shuts down the pass rush regardless of ratings. I don't think I've seen a sack with a 4-man rush that wasn't a coverage sack or a bone-headed move by the QB.
3. CPU run game is pretty bad. I've yet to have a team break 30 yards on the ground against me. I tend to focus on run defense with my front seven, but I'm shutting them down too consistently I feel like.
4. Apart from the hit-while-throwing QB fumble, I haven't seen a fumble from the CPU, and have had several myself.
5. CPU receivers rarely drop anything, even in traffic or with contact, leading to abnormally high completion percentages. My receivers, even an all-99-catching-stats stud that I've been developing drops more than scrub CPU receivers.

The games are challenging, but not in a way that reflects their ratings I feel. I won all 12 games, but it's felt like I've been playing against the same team over and over rather than player ratings really coming through to highlight their specific strengths and weaknesses.

I'm thinking about trying out some of the follow changes:

CPU Acc: -5
CPU Pass Block: -5
CPU Run Block: +5
CPU Fumble: -5

If the changes to blocking and accuracy don't fix the completion percentages, I'll probably drop CPU catching by 5 as well. Sliders on the human side seem to be perfect.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:29 AM   #1340
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Made a few changes as I'm trying to balance things.

The good news is the sliders actually seem to work. They seem relatively sensitive too.

I put fatigue back on 50. Having the CPU fatigue too much on long drives was a killer. False starts where happing way to much. Also RB's heavy breathing but, not subbing out. Until they fix fatigue it won't work right.

I lowered CPU QB accuracy, pass block, and WR catch.

I raised user pass block

I raise user and CPU run block.
Lowered CPU fumble.

Adjusted CPU and user coverage sliders. Trying to strike a good balance.

Raised user tackling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2017, 05:36 AM   #1341
Rookie

OVR: 2

With the new adjustments the game feels better, I don't feel cheated for the CPU. The only difference that I use is:

Fatigue 60
Injuries 45

QB accuracy 15/10
FG power 55/55
FG accuracy 30/30
Punt Power 50/50
Punt Accuracy 40/40
Kickoff Power 60/60

Offsides: 62
False Start: 56
Offensive Holding:55
Defensive Holding:65
Facemask:52
Illegal Block ITB:50
RTP:50
Def PI: 64
Off PI: On
Kick Catch Int:On
Int Grounding: On
RTK: On
RITK: On

Good work

Last edited by chichoslg; 02-23-2017 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #1342
Rookie

Charter it does not look like your recent changes have been updated in the OP. Are you still doing more testing? I am noticing way to many sacks in my games. My offensive line is stacked in my CFM yet I still have people run right through it and sack my QB with 99 awareness.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM   #1343
Pro

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanech24
Charter it does not look like your recent changes have been updated in the OP. Are you still doing more testing? I am noticing way to many sacks in my games. My offensive line is stacked in my CFM yet I still have people run right through it and sack my QB with 99 awareness.

One of the few changes I make when using Charter's sliders is that I Up CPU pass block to 45 (he uses 35).

My biggest reason for this is that when I play Madden I exclusively control my LE and DT's, and occasionally OLB's or MLB's. But for the most part I control the LE.

That means I tend to do far too well against the run and with getting sacks. So I have always given the CPU 10+ from what Charter says for CPU pass block and run block. (I have been using his sliders for years but I always give more CPU blocking)

So I use Charters sliders with CPU pass block at 45 and CPU run block at 65.

If you often control guys on your D line like me... you should consider doing the same. I only get like 2-3 sacks on average. Sometimes 4+ of I'm up against a bad O-Line.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:23 AM   #1344
Rookie

Redhawk05's Arena

The only complaint I'm consistently getting now are the "block in the back" penalty calls are out of hand. There's about 4-6 per game in almost every situation once your player is running with the ball.

I run a sim Madden league with 32 owners.

Thank you.
Madden 16 SGC SIM League Minnesota Vikings
Madden 17 SGC SIM League Philadelphia Eagles
Madden 18 SGC SIM League Oakland Raiders

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »