Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders - Page 173 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-15-2017, 12:07 PM   #1377
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Hey Charter, how u doing? I'm a long time fan of ur sliders and always played with then offline, but now i finally found a nice online sim league to play. My question is, whats the best qrtr lenght and click runoff time for an online user vs user sim league? My league wants to be more sim and i'm trying to help then. Already said the 25 secs runoff isn't real. They play 7 min qtrs with 25 runoff. I talked about 13 min qtrs with 15 secs runoff, but maybe 18 is the more realistic. Whats ur opinion?

Also, i want to talk to then about penalties. Put a litlle more in the game. They play all madden default, and we don't want to mess with gameplay sliders there. Please, help me. Thank you.

User v user settings are tough. To get the right amount of plays you probably will end up with too many yards.

The leagues I'm in have used 12 minutes with 18 run off and other used 10 or 11 with 20 run off I think.

Penalties are tough too. They still seem to have an impact on gameplay so you may want to just skip trying to get realistic penalties

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #1378
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What's your point? I have one of the best lines in the game. With a 99 overall running back. I have a good run stoping DL with one of my DT's having 99 block shedding. Their RB and run blocking was average ratings wise.

Not sure what the point of your posts are.

I'm enjoying the game and have for a while. You seem to still be looking for some magical slider solution that you won't be finding.

Not trying to be rude but, this is the thread I started and if you don't have anything constructive to add I'm not sure what can be done.

Either try the slider set on this thread, come up with your own, try another set, or actually try all pro default.

my point is that the only thing close about that game was the score. When you rush for five times as many yards as your opponent and hold the ball for twice as long, it is only luck that keeps them in the game.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #1379
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
my point is that the only thing close about that game was the score. When you rush for five times as many yards as your opponent and hold the ball for twice as long, it is only luck that keeps them in the game.

They passed for a lot more yards than me too.

I didn't make the game.

They had more total yards than me too.

So the score and total yards where close.

Based on the ratings of the players I mentioned how are the results not realistic?

Last edited by charter04; 04-15-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #1380
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
So you're saying this is competitive? You actually lose games?
Yeah, I play realistic sim games and I have a good variety of results. I started a new CFM last night with the Jets and lost 23-13 to the Bengals in a game in which I was pretty thoroughly dominated.

A lot of people really underrate just how solid default AP is...because they immediately try to change something setting-wise and wind-up 'breaking' it right off the bat. You change autosubs, it isn't default. You turn off the assists, it isn't default. You change penalty sliders, it isn't default. Change injury/fatigue, it isn't default.

There are two general approaches to sliders:
  • Making player ratings matter the most. This means if you have a dominant team, you will dominate. If you have a sucky team, you will suck. If you're in the middle, you will have middling results. This is what default AP does extremely well.
  • Making every game a challenge at the expense of player ratings. So even if you have an elite team, a crappy team will give you problems. I call this "playing against sliders".
Neither approach is "better"...but, you have to ask yourself what matters to you more....ratings mattering or a consistent challenge that overrides the ratings. If you are looking for the former, default AP is awesome. If you are looking for the latter, then you will have to look elsewhere.
Old 04-15-2017, 02:18 PM   #1381
Rookie

fhs2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
User v user settings are tough. To get the right amount of plays you probably will end up with too many yards.

The leagues I'm in have used 12 minutes with 18 run off and other used 10 or 11 with 20 run off I think.

Penalties are tough too. They still seem to have an impact on gameplay so you may want to just skip trying to get realistic penalties

Thanks Charter

Just one more thing. All Madden or all pro in user vs user sim leagues?
Old 04-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #1382
Rookie

Charvalos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Here are some stats from my latest All Pro default game. 15 min quarters with a 15 second min play clock time

I was Dallas and won but, I could have easily lost. My team is 91 overall so I have a good team. Also Von Miller dominated as you can see from the stats.
So, all sliders are at their default value ? Even the fatigue, the penalties and auto-sub ?
Old 04-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #1383
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
So, all sliders are at their default value ? Even the fatigue, the penalties and auto-sub ?

Yes.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #1384
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
...and that really needs to include leaving ball hawk, auto strafe, and heat seeker on too....even turning those off can start you down the slippery slope...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »