Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders - Page 174 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 PM   #1385
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
...and that really needs to include leaving ball hawk, auto strafe, and heat seeker on too....even turning those off can start you down the slippery slope...

Yep that's what I'm using. I've been having fun games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #1386
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What's your point? I have one of the best lines in the game. With a 99 overall running back. I have a good run stoping DL with one of my DT's having 99 block shedding. Their RB and run blocking was average ratings wise.

Not sure what the point of your posts are.

I'm enjoying the game and have for a while. You seem to still be looking for some magical slider solution that you won't be finding.

Not trying to be rude but, this is the thread I started and if you don't have anything constructive to add I'm not sure what can be done.

Either try the slider set on this thread, come up with your own, try another set, or actually try all pro default.

Took you're challenge and started a Bengals CFM AP default. I'm up 21-6 at the half. I've completed over 80% passing. I honestly think I could take a knee on every 1st down and win.

Ended up winning 31-6. I doubled the Jets up on yardage and first downs. Not good.

Last edited by kpeercy; 04-16-2017 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:05 PM   #1387
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
Took you're challenge and started a Bengals CFM AP default. I'm up 21-6 at the half. I've completed over 80% passing. I honestly think I could take a knee on every 1st down and win.

Ended up winning 31-6. I doubled the Jets up on yardage and first downs. Not good.

What challenge?! Please just leave the discussion or start a thread. This works for me. If it doesn't for you fine.

Old 04-16-2017, 12:57 PM   #1388
Rookie

Charvalos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy

Honestly, I don't think playing against the Jets with the Bengals is really a good example. The Bengals have a pretty good team and the Jets, well, not really.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #1389
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

This is the last I'll say on the subject for now. I'm not sure what's being lost in translation. Josh summed it up well.

All Pro default plays as the game is intended. I believe it's good for user v user and for the ratings to matter the most.

All Madden makes it were either the user is at a disadvantage or the CPU is boosted. Not sure which. Either way it's not even and won't be purely ratings based unless you change sliders. As soon as you change sliders you potentially go down a slider rabbit hole not many ever get out of. Lol.

I chose All Pro default because I can play a certain way to get a challenge. I want ratings to matter.

The issue is the terrible CPU play calling and lack of aggression from CPU QB's. That is an AI issue not a slider issue.

All Madden works the same in that manner but, a 75 overall RB can break 5 tackles for a TD or the CPU QB is deadly accurate.

I can play AM and win plenty. For me it's not the challenge I want ratings to matter.

So everyone has to make their own choice. Default AP or AM or a slider set.

PS: I never make up my mind after a half. I've played over a season of games this way. I blow out the CPU at times, lose at times, and have close games.

I play a certain way on AP that gives a challenge. I don't go into it with a win at all cost attitude. I go into it to have fun and for ratings to matter.

Last edited by charter04; 04-16-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #1390
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
This is the last I'll say on the subject for now. I'm not sure what's being lost in translation. Josh summed it up well.

All Pro default plays as the game is intended. I believe it's good for user v user and for the ratings to matter the most.

All Madden makes it were either the user is at a disadvantage or the CPU is boosted. Not sure which. Either way it's not even and won't be purely ratings based unless you change sliders. As soon as you change sliders you potentially go down a slider rabbit hole not many ever get out of. Lol.

I chose All Pro default because I can play a certain way to get a challenge. I want ratings to matter.

The issue is the terrible CPU play calling and lack of aggression from CPU QB's. That is an AI issue not a slider issue.

All Madden works the same in that manner but, a 75 overall RB can break 5 tackles for a TD or the CPU QB is deadly accurate.

I can play AM and win plenty. For me it's not the challenge I want ratings to matter.

So everyone has to make their own choice. Default AP or AM or a slider set.

PS: I never make up my mind after a half. I've played over a season of games this way. I blow out the CPU at times, lose at times, and have close games.

I play a certain way on AP that gives a challenge. I don't go into it with a win at all cost attitude. I go into it to have fun and for ratings to matter.

Well said. Im a believer in that you need to give a set plenty of time to develop. One game is not going to give you an accurate account on the slider.

There are a ton of factors that play into the game besides sliders especially on all madden. I tried your set for a full season without tweaking a thing and it played great.

Everyone is looking for a magical set that gives you everything you want from madden. Its just not going to happen. You need to be patient for a set to develop and what you need to tweak. One game isnt going to answer your slider quest..which leads to "i need to tweak this for next game, o that didnt work maybe this...and so on and so on. "

There isnt anyone stopping any of you madden players from creating your own set if you want a " challenge" or the sets that are posted in these threads dont work for you. All these sets contribute to building your own "magical" set. There is no need for hostility or hate. This is a great forum and 99 % of us here go out of our way to help those that may struggle with things or just need advice.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #1391
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhs2
Thanks Charter

Just one more thing. All Madden or all pro in user vs user sim leagues?

It's hard to say. I think default All Pro gives the best ratings mattering setting. AM will give more of a challenge but, some guys get frustrated because the CPU players can really give a boost so there is more warping.

I talking about user v user games.

I would love to play a 32 man sim league with All Pro purely default.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #1392
Pro

OVR: 4

After the terrible experience playing default AP, I switched to Charter's AM settings, including having assists on as he suggests. I haven't played with assists in several years. The difference was huge. I'm 2-1 playing with Dallas, losing 27-24 to the Giants and beating Washington and Chicago 43-21 and 28-16. The Washington game was most closer than the final, as I had two late scores on defense.

It seems this year that you must have assists on as the HUM player or you will be victim of super CPU comebacks. Three games is a small sample, but what I've seen is fair and encouraging.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »