Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders - Page 44 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-02-2016, 01:00 AM   #345
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
All right I think I have got down to the bottom of the pass reaction slider with some help from simFBcritic and his convo with someone at EA who knows.

It says it controls the reaction time of players in pass coverage. I think that's exactly what it does.

He described it as a read and reaction slider in coverage.

I do not see any evidence point toward it being a run/pass reaction at all.

It's simply how fast the players in coverage react in pass plays.

So in All Madden I see to many times where CPU DB's seem to run the route better than the WR. A safety just comes out of no where for a pick.

I don't think that's the coverage slider. It's the reaction time one. It's tuned to high for the CPU in AM.

Guys should not be psychic.

So I decided to see if I could use the reaction slider and coverage slider to make them more human.

I lowered the reaction slider to 0. I raised the coverage to 100.

What I am seeing is good tight coverage without the CPU crazy mind read boost. They have to see things to react. No more psychic reaction.

I'm not 100% in coverage at 100 but, so far I haven't seen any reason to change it.

Give it a try and really check out the CPU guys in coverage. Check and see if they are reading and reacting in a realistic non psychic way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find this very interesting, because I had the same belief as well (dating back a few years). Nice to finally hear it from someone close to the dev team.

I just have one question. Can you see the effect of this slider (and pass coverage, for that matter) in man coverage? Or do you believe it only applies to zone? Personally, I've never really been able to see it in man, which is why I've always had a twinge of doubt about that slider's function. It's nowhere near as noticeable as the old Awareness slider from the PS2-gen Maddens, for sure.

This doesn't necessarily relate to your sliders, it's more just general slider theory - I don't feel like I'll ever be an All-Madden guy, personally.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-02-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:35 AM   #346
Rookie

Deezo's Arena

OVR: 0

Just testing some sliders in franchise and this is the kind of coverage I'm seeing with the reaction slider at 0 and the coverage at 100. Tight coverage but they don't warp to the ball before my receiver can have a chance at it.

YouTube:
https://bit.ly/2y2nA9a

Twitch:
Twitch.tv/mrdeezo

MLB: Boston Red Sox - Arizona Diamondbacks
NHL: Boston Bruins
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: New England Patriots - Arizona Cardinals
NCAA: University of Arizona
Old 09-02-2016, 07:20 AM   #347
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Im 3 games into my cfm for a test run and that was my main concern...the ints. I have thrown 7 and they all seem to jump outta no where. Cant wait to try this out

Just a couple more things of note. Ive had a lot of face mask calls ill lower it by 1. And ive seen a ton of broken tackles. I might raise it by 1 or 2 on cpu. Anyone else seeing broken tackles a litttle too much?

The more games i play the more penalties ive seen per game its weird but i had 0 dpi 1st game 2 my second and 4 this 3rd. Maybe its just a rng thing lol. Ill keep watching it. I might just drop it to 59 if it keeps at a higher rate.

Other than that it feels pretty good. The int thing tho was becoming a game changer and i almost posted something about it but i wanted to get a couple more games in to see for sure

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited by tyler28; 09-02-2016 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:53 AM   #348
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I find this very interesting, because I had the same belief as well (dating back a few years). Nice to finally hear it from someone close to the dev team.

I just have one question. Can you see the effect of this slider (and pass coverage, for that matter) in man coverage? Or do you believe it only applies to zone? Personally, I've never really been able to see it in man, which is why I've always had a twinge of doubt about that slider's function. It's nowhere near as noticeable as the old Awareness slider from the PS2-gen Maddens, for sure.

This doesn't necessarily relate to your sliders, it's more just general slider theory - I don't feel like I'll ever be an All-Madden guy, personally.

I think it affects all coverage. I notice the DB's having the psychic abilities on routes like the come back. The DB will break on the ball for INT almost like they knew it was coming. Average DB's. Lowering reaction time is helping this. I'm seeing those guys have to react in a more realistic way to the reciever routes.

This could be used in All Pro too I believe. Maybe not these exact numbers.

Old 09-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #349
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
All right I think I have got down to the bottom of the pass reaction slider with some help from simFBcritic and his convo with someone at EA who knows.

It says it controls the reaction time of players in pass coverage. I think that's exactly what it does.

He described it as a read and reaction slider in coverage.

I do not see any evidence point toward it being a run/pass reaction at all.

It's simply how fast the players in coverage react in pass plays.

So in All Madden I see to many times where CPU DB's seem to run the route better than the WR. A safety just comes out of no where for a pick.

I don't think that's the coverage slider. It's the reaction time one. It's tuned to high for the CPU in AM.

Guys should not be psychic.

So I decided to see if I could use the reaction slider and coverage slider to make them more human.

I lowered the reaction slider to 0. I raised the coverage to 100.

What I am seeing is good tight coverage without the CPU crazy mind read boost. They have to see things to react. No more psychic reaction.

I'm not 100% in coverage at 100 but, so far I haven't seen any reason to change it.

Give it a try and really check out the CPU guys in coverage. Check and see if they are reading and reacting in a realistic non psychic way.

did you set both hum and cpu at 0-100? or is it mainly the cpu you set this for...interested in giving this a shot later today

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 09-02-2016, 08:29 AM   #350
Rookie

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Im 3 games into my cfm for a test run and that was my main concern...the ints. I have thrown 7 and they all seem to jump outta no where. Cant wait to try this out

Just a couple more things of note. Ive had a lot of face mask calls ill lower it by 1. And ive seen a ton of broken tackles. I might raise it by 1 or 2 on cpu. Anyone else seeing broken tackles a litttle too much?

The more games i play the more penalties ive seen per game its weird but i had 0 dpi 1st game 2 my second and 4 this 3rd. Maybe its just a rng thing lol. Ill keep watching it. I might just drop it to 59 if it keeps at a higher rate.

Other than that it feels pretty good. The int thing tho was becoming a game changer and i almost posted something about it but i wanted to get a couple more games in to see for sure

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
In with you on the broken tackles. My last 2 games in my Texas franchise against Spencer ware and lagarount blount I have given up 200 plus yards a piece. Some runs were just great moves on there part but others were just almost ridiculous as if they were super heroes

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
Old 09-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #351
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
did you set both hum and cpu at 0-100? or is it mainly the cpu you set this for...interested in giving this a shot later today

Just the CPU. The user side will require a different adjustment. Since it's All Madden it's the CPU side that is the issue

Old 09-02-2016, 09:49 AM   #352
Rookie

How Are people inputting these sliders, I've been putting them in manually from the cfm sliders menu but I know some people import them from the main menu. Anyone know if it makes a difference? Just asking because I'm sure on previous maddens it felt like it changed the gameplay based on doing it one way or the other for some reason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »