Home

Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 09-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #681
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Charter04's Madden 17 All Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroxroar67
Same for me......Usually a good all pro player but a few tweaks to these sliders run blocking mainly and all madden is playing great......First time ever for me competing on all madden....
I never played All Madden either. Always it was All Pro. I can't believe how great it plays, with slider adjustments in my favor. How good QB'S standout. Good Defense same thing. Same for bad ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #682
Rookie

OVR: 0

Same issue with 15 min/20 sec, I'm gonna go to 12 min/20 sec and see how it plays. Playcount in 15 min/20 sec was ~150 per game even though I ran mostly chew clock acceleration and snapped with a second or two left on most plays.

Sliders are pretty good, a hell of a lot better than AM default. Not sure it can be fixed with sliders, but the CPU throws the ball away way too much instead of trying to complete tough passes. CPU run game is good but not overpowered. It really challenges you to be impactful with whoever you control. Your CPU teammates are terrible at getting off of blocks.

Having a hard time evaluating offense because I play as the Pats and they are a powerhouse. Running game is very effective, none of my backs average less than 7 per carry on a high volume of carries. Not sure how much is slider related, I think the CPU is terrible at making schematic adjustments to defend running game play calls. Might take HUM run blocking down a touch, but I also don't want the defense just running into the backfield every play because that isn't any more realistic. Open to suggestions on this one for sure.

Passing game is really solid, you really notice different QB skill levels and even Brady will misfire every so often and miss a wide open receiver. Again, CPU struggles adjusting to certain plays, but they cover pretty well without making a million cheesy interceptions every time they touch the ball. Might bump CPU coverage up a little, but that's it.

Averaging 48.9 PPG vs 26.4 PPG against, but a lot of that is being driven by play count obviously. Going from 150 to 120 should adjust the scoring downward proportionally, which puts it at about 40 PPG vs 20 PPG against. If any of you have suggestions about how to nerf my running game a bit without destroying the semblance of realism, I'm all ears.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:13 PM   #683
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
Same issue with 15 min/20 sec, I'm gonna go to 12 min/20 sec and see how it plays. Playcount in 15 min/20 sec was ~150 per game even though I ran mostly chew clock acceleration and snapped with a second or two left on most plays.

Sliders are pretty good, a hell of a lot better than AM default. Not sure it can be fixed with sliders, but the CPU throws the ball away way too much instead of trying to complete tough passes. CPU run game is good but not overpowered. It really challenges you to be impactful with whoever you control. Your CPU teammates are terrible at getting off of blocks.

Having a hard time evaluating offense because I play as the Pats and they are a powerhouse. Running game is very effective, none of my backs average less than 7 per carry on a high volume of carries. Not sure how much is slider related, I think the CPU is terrible at making schematic adjustments to defend running game play calls. Might take HUM run blocking down a touch, but I also don't want the defense just running into the backfield every play because that isn't any more realistic. Open to suggestions on this one for sure.

Passing game is really solid, you really notice different QB skill levels and even Brady will misfire every so often and miss a wide open receiver. Again, CPU struggles adjusting to certain plays, but they cover pretty well without making a million cheesy interceptions every time they touch the ball. Might bump CPU coverage up a little, but that's it.

Averaging 48.9 PPG vs 26.4 PPG against, but a lot of that is being driven by play count obviously. Going from 150 to 120 should adjust the scoring downward proportionally, which puts it at about 40 PPG vs 20 PPG against. If any of you have suggestions about how to nerf my running game a bit without destroying the semblance of realism, I'm all ears.
What is your cpu tackling at? Bumb it up a cpl notches to tone down your running game. Dont go above 50 on hum rb. You will see it toned down wo messing up your set.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 03:25 PM   #684
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Regarding play count, are you counting pass attempts + rush attempts + sacks + punts + FG attempts?

No I go by the same stats as pro football reference. They used passes + rushes + sacks = number of plays. The average is 64.4. So about 128 per game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #685
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

I use 15 min 15 seconds play clock and I get about 125 combined

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #686
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
What is your cpu tackling at? Bumb it up a cpl notches to tone down your running game. Dont go above 50 on hum rb. You will see it toned down wo messing up your set.

Played a full season with 50 for CPU tackling and my run blocking (when I used default AM sliders) and had the same results. I am lowering my run blocking to 48 and seeing how that goes. Even if that reduces my overall rushing totals, I think the biggest issue for me is that the running game is very boom or bust on any given carry. Too many big runs or stops for loss, too few 3-5 yard carries. CPU second level D really struggles so if the play is blocked well at the point of attack, I can usually rip off a 10+ yard run. Again, not sure there's a great fix for that, but I don't blame the sliders one bit given the same thing was happening on default AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #687
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28

Yeah, user rblk-50 and cpu tak-50. It can make a huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #688
Rookie

Hey Charter, I saw you had CPU Accuracy down to 10 at one point. What caused you to bump it back up to 15?

Also, I saw a theory floating around that CPU WR Catch also affects the CPU QBs willingness to throw down field... The higher, the more aggressive.

Have you tried CPU Accuracy at 10 and CPU WR Catch at 50 to maybe get some more downfield throws from the computer without it being OP?

Great set BTW!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »