Home

M17 XP Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on M17 XP Slider Discussion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #17
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: M17 XP Slider Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbott24
Loving this thank you a ton

I was thinking there might be an issue with CPU upgrading every 4 weeks, when you get to higher levels 85 or 90 plus players the CPU can't afford to spend on stats that matter s(and it doesn't save XP) they spend it on stats that don't help overall nearly as much (ea released a % break down by position while back) which is why I think the 90 plus players are low and the depth is high

Might be better having it upgrade once a year
That is a very good thought. I'll do a redo of the sim I just did but only change to progression once yearly. See what happens.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:04 PM   #18
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
M17 XP Slider Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Sim #2 is done. Just have to compile data. Should be up in a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Could you shed some light on the DL and OL progression as it relates to scheme 3-4/4-3.

Also with interior linemen can you speak to the passing of rushing stats of the teams for the linemen who jumped into the next tier.

What was the rationale for 4 week upgrades (out of curiosity)?

At the end of the season what was the average XP remaining per position group?

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
2nd sim is in the books:

Rules: 75 Man Preseason Roster/XP Sliders adjusted (details by position)/Progress set to Every 4 Weeks

How to read chart: Base is how many players were rated in each group and +10 Years is how many after simming 10 seasons. The % is just the % of players rated in each group to give you a visual that way. Total is the total amount of players rated 80+.

QB(90%):
Spoiler

HB(120%):
Spoiler

FB(100%):
Spoiler

WR(110%):
Spoiler

TE(90%):
Spoiler

T(110%):
Spoiler

G(130%):
Spoiler

C(130%):
Spoiler

DE(100%):
Spoiler

DT(100%):
Spoiler

OLB(90%):
Spoiler

MLB(100%):
Spoiler

CB(120%):
Spoiler

FS(100%):
Spoiler

SS(90%):
Spoiler

K(100%):
Spoiler

P(100%):
Spoiler

2nd sim is in the books. I think I've locked down most of the positions. Will do another sim when I can to try to nail down those final few positions. Also any input is welcome. If someone has a good idea I'm all ears.

What I have so far:
Spoiler
good job on this man im glad someone did it this was just what i was looking for, that being said keep this in mind the elite player's this year are predicated on the superstar trait its dynamic now so they could loose ut or gain it so its not always goin to be the same, also the way the draft classes are they change every year so one year it may be DB heavy or you may get a couole elite QB's or you may get none it changes

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 10:37 PM   #20
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Could you shed some light on the DL and OL progression as it relates to scheme 3-4/4-3.

Also with interior linemen can you speak to the passing of rushing stats of the teams for the linemen who jumped into the next tier.

What was the rationale for 4 week upgrades (out of curiosity)?

At the end of the season what was the average XP remaining per position group?
As far as scheme goes it's really hard to do something like this and try to get a somewhat consistent test. So what I did was just choose Balanced for every position (4-3 Balanced for DE). I try to eliminate as many variables as possible. While this obviously isn't going to be completely accurate across the board it should give a pretty good idea of how players progress over the sim.

I didn't dive to deep into stats because if I did that it would I would never get through this and also I didn't want to individualize teams. I wanted a global look at what is happening for the league.

I chose 4 week progression because that is what it was set to at default. Nothing else behind it other then that.

I never checked if any XP remained. I do a straight 10 year sim and it stops simming at the beginning of the preseason of the year 2026.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc3616
good job on this man im glad someone did it this was just what i was looking for, that being said keep this in mind the elite player's this year are predicated on the superstar trait its dynamic now so they could loose ut or gain it so its not always goin to be the same, also the way the draft classes are they change every year so one year it may be DB heavy or you may get a couole elite QB's or you may get none it changes

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk
Oh I totally get that. That is what I mean by the variables. You have injuries, different stats, draft class strength/weakness, off season moves, regression, team strength/weakness, loaded teams, dynamic dev trait, etc. With that being said doing it like this gives a pretty good impression on what you can expect over a 10 year sim. I have a pretty big range that I want players from each position to fall into so if I can find that base zone I'm good. And that would let others really try to fine tune it if they like.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #21
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

Wow, excellent work TDawg. I'm definitely going to add these to my slider set. Giving you all credit obviously. Thanks for the hard work.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 11:05 PM   #22
Rookie

tdawg your the f**kin man, thank you for the work.... i am liking what i see for the most part. excited to get more deep into this game

http://www.twitch.tv/purecokain/profile - Streams

-The Hate Made Me Famous-
Old 08-23-2016, 12:46 AM   #23
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I've been tinkering with XP sliders for a few days, and I honestly think we may need to have the OL around 250. I'd also put Ks and Ps at 300 (max) and TEs at about 90. The rest seemed fine to me, but I am keeping an eye on tdawg too and appreciate his insight and detail here!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:04 AM   #24
Rookie

I will also be doing some xp slider testing, when I wake up in 5-6 hours. I will probably spend most of my day doing it. I'm going to start with tdawgs as a base, and I will post all my results here. When I get it to best of my ability I may make a thread about it, and give tdawg a lot of credit

...I'll see you all soon with my results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »