M17 XP Slider Discussion - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 XP Slider Discussion

This is a discussion on M17 XP Slider Discussion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-24-2016, 03:18 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M17 XP Slider Discussion

That's what I had to do. I had to go and become all 32 coaches then go into each scheme and change it to balanced took forever. The numbers were still on so I figured out the QB question I had earlier but some numbers were off such as HB having 24 total at 84-80 so pushing total to 33. But nothing too crazy his system works
Old 08-24-2016, 03:26 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
A question. Are you changing coaching schemes for every team for balanced player types? If not other teams are developing players for overall of their player type, not to be the best balanced.
I'm pretty sure in the initial data gathering tdawg does in fact mention that he switched all his schemes to balanced for his team only. I'm not sure if the CPU has the ability to change their scheme to fit their players but scheme changes can definitely change a player's overall rating by 3-4 points in either direction from what I can tell.

So if you feel like the best representation of progression is to set every scheme to balanced you would have to control all 32 teams. If you wanted to do it for testing purposes you could start an offline franchise controlling all 32 teams, make your changes and then save. From there you could keep simming the same franchise.

You would be changing most player's inital ratings by changing the scheme though.

Somebody mentioned earlier about simming so far ahead that no real nfl players are active anymore. I might try this and see if I can contribute some data here.

But this whole discussion has made me realize one other thing, instead of an xp slider it would have been much more useful if the slider instead affected the cost of the attributes being purchased. It stands out most with OL but also affects wideouts, corners, and safeties. The easiest solution would be to lower the cost of some key skills at these positions instead of having to adjust xp. Just a thought.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #51
Rookie

Are injuries off while you are doing this? Because I just tried this with Qb at 90% and ended up with only 6 total QB 80+. (5 84-80), (1 89-85), (0 90+)
Old 08-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #52
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Wonder how much changing gameplay sliders will affect these results?
Old 08-24-2016, 04:45 PM   #53
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2489
Great Job! loving the Data just have a question where ar you getting the player overalls from? For example followed the way you set it up exactly and FB M. Reece was only 85 ovr not 90+ unless you are pulling the numbers from Player Management under Manage Rosters. There was only 1 QB above 95+ and that was A. Rodgers. Just trying to make sure i'm doing this right
I get it from the roster menu in cfm. I've selected balanced for all positions in my coach scheme so that gives me everybody's Ovr based on that. Hope that clears it up some.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 08-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #54
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
A question. Are you changing coaching schemes for every team for balanced player types? If not other teams are developing players for overall of their player type, not to be the best balanced.
No I'm not and this is true however, for the most part (from numerous test since scheme was implemented), selecting balanced keeps things pretty nutreul. It would take way to much time the other way. It's not perfect but the data should be pretty consistent none the less.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:50 PM   #55
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk2489
Are injuries off while you are doing this? Because I just tried this with Qb at 90% and ended up with only 6 total QB 80+. (5 84-80), (1 89-85), (0 90+)
Injuries are on.

Old 08-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #56
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
Wonder how much changing gameplay sliders will affect these results?
Gameplay sliders shouldn't change anything other then affect your played games only. So I guess if they are too easy and you put up monster stats you'd benefit some. Or vice versa.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »