M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 135 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #1073
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

With QB scrambling...
Try DPI at 95, Def holding at 5, Fumbling 66. Everything else default. See what that does. I think QB scrambling may be tied to the Fumble slider. I played around with it; the was with patches and tuners. With OOTB i tried QBA 95 for both teams (i do coach mode) and WRC at 39. Still haven't found a sweet spot but it seems qbs play more realistic when you raise qba but you have to lower WRC to even things out. WRS get infective when they go below 37.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:20 PM   #1074
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
With QB scrambling...
Try DPI at 95, Def holding at 5, Fumbling 66. Everything else default. See what that does. I think QB scrambling may be tied to the Fumble slider. I played around with it; the was with patches and tuners. With OOTB i tried QBA 95 for both teams (i do coach mode) and WRC at 39. Still haven't found a sweet spot but it seems qbs play more realistic when you raise qba but you have to lower WRC to even things out. WRS get infective when they go below 37.
I also don't interact with the players once the game starts. I think I will look to see increasing an individual qbs ball carrying/running skills for breaking past defensive linemen. It is an easy change to make and if it doesn't look like it helps I just re-edit the few QBs I edited. I'm hesitant to alter the sliders but maybe will give it a try in a game with two teams out of the playoff hunt just so I don't screw a playoff contender. I'm OOTB and I don't really have an issue with QB accuracy for my taste. I'd like better sack avoidance or QB runs, but if in the end the game won't give that to me D81SKINS QB trait settings tend to keep the sacks reasonable on CPU v CPU as the QBs will throw the ball away rather than take the sack many time. It is a game, so if I don't get perfection I can deal with it. Thanks for the tips. Will let you know how it comes out.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:27 PM   #1075
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you think game speed has anything to do with it? I always play on fast, but today tried slow and Russell Wilson was scrambling and running all over the place. Also on slow, I had two DPIs in the first half, I never see that called on fast.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:57 PM   #1076
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Do you think game speed has anything to do with it? I always play on fast, but today tried slow and Russell Wilson was scrambling and running all over the place. Also on slow, I had two DPIs in the first half, I never see that called on fast.
I have been playing on very slow and the other day tried slow and don't see the routine scrambling so I don't think that will make a significant difference. I have been getting DPI reasonably often in the games I've watched on very slow and again in the one game i watched on slow.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:23 AM   #1077
Pro

Found an oddity last night in that I guess the last game I played was with the new patch...It must have loaded when I had my XBOX1 online over night without the game loaded. Lesson I guess is that if I go online to get any XBOX1 updates, get off line when I'm not watching the machine.

I played SF vs ATL ootb, with SF given my custom R&G playbook, almost all default sliders, but with Josh's 1 and 1 for fatigue and injury. I got an interesting game, with Ryan at about 65% passing, Kapernick at 68% but with >400 yards. Fake FG with the holder taking off to get the first down. SF was down 13 when Kerley dropped a 4th down pass in the end zone. However, on 4th down on the ensuing drive under 2 minutes, SF blocked the punt and scored two plays later. SF then recovered the onside kick. Kapernick spiked the ball with 6 seconds left on the nine, then took a shotgun snap, rolled right looking downfield then tucked it and ran it in for the tying score. Atlanta coach tried to ice the placekicker to no avail, SF winning 28-27 on the arm and legs of Colin Kapernick (yes I did just type this sentence).

I did increase most of Kapernick's ball running traits up by 10 points (except spin, I decreased 10) to see if he would be inclined to run more. The custom playbook is heavy read option, though, so in the end he ran 9 times for 20 yards. I didn't see him breaking past linemen like I hoped. I may try this one more time maybe with Cam to see if increasing the ball carrying traits leads to a few more scramble/runs, or some escapes from a lineman. Also, with the running Kapernick did, he was only sacked 3 times in the game. Ryan wasn't sacked at all.

Like I said I'll try this again with another running QB, but running all 32 teams tonight i have to spend three hours scouting, training, simming, IR-ing and re-signing before I can get to next week
Old 02-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #1078
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Just fyi, I have only tested games on Slow
Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 PM   #1079
Rookie

Do you think speed threshold affects gameplay?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:15 AM   #1080
Rookie

One thing i cant stand is when the qb drops back,doesn't find anybody and then scrambles to one side and has all kinds of room to run down field, there is like no one for 25 yards and just before he gets to the line of scrimmage, he throws back across the field, when he could have run for a huge gain. Is there a fix for this or is that just how this game plays?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »