Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #1089
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Hey guys! I've been testing CPU QB Traits and ratings for awhile now, it's been fun though.
Ive finally found something to get the CPU to scramble and do it successfully, yes, they can still get sacked, it's not robo qb like some may think.

I played vs Cam Newton and increased all of his physical attributes(speed, agility, trucking, acc,) +10
So Cam was basically high 90s in most of these areas when I did this.
I also set his QB traits to
Paranoid
Balanced
Scramble
Also gave the Panthers, Chip Kelly's PB. With Power Run Scheme.

I noticed right of the bat,
Cam reacted much earlier to pressure and would start moving up field much sooner than if he stayed in the pocket a second longer. He ended w/ 4 scrambles, 2 designed and 2 escaping pressure and 30yds rushing. He also broke a few tackles and was sacked about 3x on plays were he was trying to escape.

I really like seeing the qb have a chance to make more plays on the ground and keeping us more honest on D.
It's really bringing out the best in what the CPU can do with an athletic QB. Really cool stuff!
I wanted to ask if you thought maybe paranoid may help the scrambling, since if I'm Ideal, I most likely will know when to pass or throw it away, occasionally taking the sack. If I'm paranoid, I think the pressure is on and may try to run. Do you have him set to throw away or not?
I've already added 10 to the running attributes except I subtracted 10 from the spin move to avoid being in the open field and deciding to needlessly spin (I did the same with running backs). Try also the Run & Gun playbook and increase the number of Read Options (like more on first down) and you can get a running qb running at times. I've played a few games with Kapernik at QB with the boosts and the modified R&G playbook. He runs 9-10 times a game (including scrambling for a game winner). Unfortunately many of the Read Options are "Read" by the D too well. I did have a game with upgraded QB attributes where Mariota ran the R/O for a 55 yd TD. Once they get going they do seem more like running backs.

Try the same with Wilson and Kapernik and see how it goes. I have yet to get Wilson running as I would expect but I also didn't have him on Paranoid.

The issue with the scrambling as I've seen it is that the acceleration (first or second step getting away from the DL) is just not there even with a high acceleration. With the upgraded attributes I have seen QBs duck under sack attempt which I didn't recall before. It is still a work in progress but I think you're making the most lemonade you can with the lemon-like traits they gave us. Thanks for the good work.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #1090
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I wanted to ask if you thought maybe paranoid may help the scrambling, since if I'm Ideal, I most likely will know when to pass or throw it away, occasionally taking the sack. If I'm paranoid, I think the pressure is on and may try to run. Do you have him set to throw away or not?
I've already added 10 to the running attributes except I subtracted 10 from the spin move to avoid being in the open field and deciding to needlessly spin (I did the same with running backs). Try also the Run & Gun playbook and increase the number of Read Options (like more on first down) and you can get a running qb running at times. I've played a few games with Kapernik at QB with the boosts and the modified R&G playbook. He runs 9-10 times a game (including scrambling for a game winner). Unfortunately many of the Read Options are "Read" by the D too well. I did have a game with upgraded QB attributes where Mariota ran the R/O for a 55 yd TD. Once they get going they do seem more like running backs.

Try the same with Wilson and Kapernik and see how it goes. I have yet to get Wilson running as I would expect but I also didn't have him on Paranoid.

The issue with the scrambling as I've seen it is that the acceleration (first or second step getting away from the DL) is just not there even with a high acceleration. With the upgraded attributes I have seen QBs duck under sack attempt which I didn't recall before. It is still a work in progress but I think you're making the most lemonade you can with the lemon-like traits they gave us. Thanks for the good work.
It was set to On.
I'm thinking we have to go to extremes on the CPU Qb's athleticism just so they can attempt to make more plays w/ their feet.

Here's Cam's ratings & traits after the +10 on each

14864847288981643242390.jpg

1486484850563-2113893972.jpg

1486484946793-542402667.jpg

Stats on next post
Old 02-07-2017, 11:55 AM   #1091
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

1486485723474648131789.jpg

Just for fun, in my next game I'm facing the Giants 3rd string qb (B. Petty). He's going to get an athleticism boost to have high 90s, and the same qb traits as Cam, what I'm tracking is. Btw,
B. Petty has terrible awarness so I will also boost that up as well.

I'm tracking
How often does he escape the pocket?
How soon?
When he takes off does he still look to throw it if possible or does he just "tuck & run"(which we dearly need back in qb traits)?
Also with throw ball away set to yes, you'll see the qb throw it out of the end zone more often, which isn't a bad thing if they are playing it smart and living to see another down.

All I know is, Cam felt like playing Cam irl lol, for the 1st time I had to usually have multiple defenders to bring him down and he was throwing on the run avoiding sacks!
I played Cam 2x
Once w/ Run N Gun
And another w/ Chip Kelly's and he looked to make plays outside the pocket and even scrambled on consecutive plays with both Playbooks.

He tore me up w/ the Run N Gun PB, passing and running. With Chip Kelly's he wasn't as deadly passing.
Something to be said about how the CPU plays when they have an athletic QB
RUN N GUN
I also give them the Multiple D(4-3 teams) PB and it seems to help them tremendously, I set 3-4 teams as 3-4 attack in the schemes also.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-07-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 12:01 PM   #1092
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001

Also thinking of testing a lower speed threshold, in the past, the lower the threshold, the quicker qbs separated from the pass rush. I want to see that quick twitch and escaping the pocket.
I will see what a 25 speed threshold does to the game with default(50) All-Pro sliders, even ints.
I do have my Penalty and auto subs adjusted.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:26 PM   #1093
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

My young 81ovr(81 off , 85 def)team is playing about like I'd expect.
1486488077767-822312304.jpg

1486488154941-2065245371.jpg
We are 5-6, we struggle vs winning teams w/ a better ovr rating.
We lost our last 2 games
L -10-17 @ Panthers
L - 16-30 vs Packers
Both games included the QB edits and it worked out very well for the cpu.
I've also gone to All 50's All-Pro(ints 50 also) for my last 2 games and has really challenged my offense vs 2 solid defenses.
Panthers rated 87 defense
Packers rated 89 defense

Note:
Moved injury to 51 and it's causing alot of starters getting injured during simming the weekly games.
Moved back to 50.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-07-2017 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:25 PM   #1094
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Also thinking of testing a lower speed threshold, in the past, the lower the threshold, the quicker qbs separated from the pass rush. I want to see that quick twitch and escaping the pocket.
I will see what a 25 speed threshold does to the game with default(50) All-Pro sliders, even ints.
I do have my Penalty and auto subs adjusted.
I thought about the threshold adjustment too but I am hoping we get a base differentiation with player attributes first then start to tinker with something that may impact the rest of the game.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #1095
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Well the Bryce Petty led Giants did some work on my D!
This was w/ the QB edits and threshold 25. CPU run game went wild, also the Giants used the Run N Gun and I turned Petty into a running threat and it worked. We had a couple turnovers that we returned for tds that really put us over the top. A last second fg is what got us the win in this one.
1486500445800-2078511914.jpg

2nd half both defenses tightened and held each of our offenses to 10pt. 2nd halfs, the cpu even missed a chipshot fg in the 3rd
1486500566370892811629.jpg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2017, 04:06 PM   #1096
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Well the Bryce Petty led Giants did some work on my D!
This was w/ the QB edits and threshold 25. CPU run game went wild, also the Giants used the Run N Gun and I turned Petty into a running threat and it worked. We had a couple turnovers that we returned for tds that really put us over the top. A last second fg is what got us the win in this one.
Attachment 130904

2nd half both defenses tightened and held each of our offenses to 10pt. 2nd halfs, the cpu even missed a chipshot fg in the 3rd
Attachment 130906
Wow, he ran 7 times!?

This could be a great find.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »