Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2017, 10:07 AM   #1105
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Last night I tried:
Hoyer (Chi): no ratings boosts, ideal pocket presence vs
Bridgewater (Minn): no ratings boosts, paranoid presence.

Each QB ran just once. Both were sacked 2 times. Neither did much of what I would call scrambling.

Then played:
Kapernick (SF): 10 point boosts to spd, agil, acc, elu, bcv, car; ideal presence
Wilson (SEA): Same boosts, paranoid presence

Kapernick ran 5 times, including a TD run, and rolled/scrambled out of the pocket on several occasions
Wilson ran 4 times, escaped a sack, ran several design roll outs (waggles) and ALMOST ran in for the tying score (SLID at the goal line on 4th as time was expiring).

Then played:
Osweiler (Hou): No boosts, Paranoid presence vs
Mariota (Tenn): Boosts to skills, Paranoid presence

Mariota ran once but didn't appear to be as mobile I I would expect. Osweiler did try to run once but was caught behind the line.

It isn't trending that paranoid trait is going to trigger more runs. The other issue I see is that when the QB starts to 'scramble' even when boosted he is looking down field, so his animation is moving more slowly than the defense around him. Once he does turn into a runner it is like watching a running back when boosted. If they would get past that animation faster we'd see more scramble/throws or runs. As previously mentioned, the 'tuck and run' trait would be beneficial here.

I will try tonight to give a BALANCED QB with ratings boosts the SF playbook. I am not sure why Kapernick is the one QB that I consistently see running the football. I may get that with boosts on Newton too as others have indicated. But I also want to see if the playbook has something in it that may be running QB friendly (for example, more rolls to the right side). If I saw Cousins run more using SF's playbook then there may be a combo of playbook/plays/attributes that will get more mobility.
Really wish they put back in the tuck & run trait and this would all be moot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #1106
MVP

Interesting games the three I mentioned from penalty perspective. I had not seen a roughing the kicker call on a FG all year; last night i saw 2. I saw 2 defensive holding and 2 pass interference calls. I had an illegal touching call (receiver went out of the back of the endzone). Also I got a KO out of bounds. I made no changes to the penalty sliders at all

And for the first time I saw two FG missed: one 51 yarder with the wind somewhat at the back (it was in the direction of the long kick offs) was wide, one 46 yarder was short. I had shifted the KAC by 15 points down (extremes they were missing too many 50+) but also dropped kick power by 5. These may be wind-assisted misses but nice to see MAYBE kickers won't always be automatic inside the 50. But it may also be the wind.
Old 02-11-2017, 01:02 PM   #1107
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
Last night I tried:
Hoyer (Chi): no ratings boosts, ideal pocket presence vs
Bridgewater (Minn): no ratings boosts, paranoid presence.

Each QB ran just once. Both were sacked 2 times. Neither did much of what I would call scrambling.

Then played:
Kapernick (SF): 10 point boosts to spd, agil, acc, elu, bcv, car; ideal presence
Wilson (SEA): Same boosts, paranoid presence

Kapernick ran 5 times, including a TD run, and rolled/scrambled out of the pocket on several occasions
Wilson ran 4 times, escaped a sack, ran several design roll outs (waggles) and ALMOST ran in for the tying score (SLID at the goal line on 4th as time was expiring).

Then played:
Osweiler (Hou): No boosts, Paranoid presence vs
Mariota (Tenn): Boosts to skills, Paranoid presence

Mariota ran once but didn't appear to be as mobile I I would expect. Osweiler did try to run once but was caught behind the line.

It isn't trending that paranoid trait is going to trigger more runs. The other issue I see is that when the QB starts to 'scramble' even when boosted he is looking down field, so his animation is moving more slowly than the defense around him. Once he does turn into a runner it is like watching a running back when boosted. If they would get past that animation faster we'd see more scramble/throws or runs. As previously mentioned, the 'tuck and run' trait would be beneficial here.

I will try tonight to give a BALANCED QB with ratings boosts the SF playbook. I am not sure why Kapernick is the one QB that I consistently see running the football. I may get that with boosts on Newton too as others have indicated. But I also want to see if the playbook has something in it that may be running QB friendly (for example, more rolls to the right side). If I saw Cousins run more using SF's playbook then there may be a combo of playbook/plays/attributes that will get more mobility.
Really wish they put back in the tuck & run trait and this would all be moot.
If they are set to scramble, they will attempt to leave the pocket more but not actually tuck & run. It's more like run as a last resort.
Lowering the speed threshold has helped qbs a little more. Not enough games w/ 25 speed threshold to be certain.
Also if Kap and Wilson had 4 or 5 run attempts w/ the default PBs, they could get 2-3 more running attempts w/ the RnG PB.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 02-13-2017, 09:06 AM   #1108
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
If they are set to scramble, they will attempt to leave the pocket more but not actually tuck & run. It's more like run as a last resort.
Lowering the speed threshold has helped qbs a little more. Not enough games w/ 25 speed threshold to be certain.
Also if Kap and Wilson had 4 or 5 run attempts w/ the default PBs, they could get 2-3 more running attempts w/ the RnG PB.
Thanks for the feedback!
Didn't want to mess with the threshold for fear of having other unwanted effects. For grins I tried a couple of games where I set elusiveness to 99 and throw on run to 0 (or 1). QBs really didn't seem to move much at all, including Tyrod Taylor. I had the game set with a lower pass blocking and he and Fitzpatrick were set to paranoid, hoping the idea that the pocket was less likely to hold, that they are more concerned about the rush and they aren't good at throwing the ball on the run may mean more QB rush. Didn't happen. I then tried Brady and Tannehill as scrambling QBs, set elusiveness to 99 and set Tannehill's TOR to 99. Tannehill did scramble away from the rush a few times and also did MISS some throws on the run, and ran 2 times.
Not convincing either, but right now I am thinking I'm likely going to end up with: all QBs running attributes boosted by 10 points; all QBs including pocket passers set to scramble, and see if there is some happy setting of elusiveness, speed threshold and playbook setting to allow me to have most QBs try and sometimes avoid the rush, while others like Newton get a playbook 'advantage' of more chances for the QB to be a designed runner.

I'm hope to get one more trial in tonight or Wednesday, Rodgers vs Stafford, Boost up the running numbers, set both to Ideal/Ideal, both will be set to Scramble, both will get high elusiveness and higher TOR, Stafford will get the off the shelf R&G playbook, Rodgers will get my custom R&G playbook. Keeping the sliders at their normal levels (not reducing the speed threshold) and will see what happens. No impact on the playoffs so I can give one more try at this but it may just be what it is and something I'll have to live with.

Let me know how the threshold alteration looks; my biggest concern is too many big plays considering QBs tend to have a long time to throw. I'm liking that while I see WR outrun the DB when they get in the clear, RB and TE are getting caught from behind.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:44 PM   #1109
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I've recently went back to the default 50 speed threshold.
25 had the defenses really struggle to slow down the big plays.
Switch back to default and the games feel much tighter.
Even the 50int has seemed to help the CPU Rush D, crazy but not out of the realm of possibilities for Madden.
I've really struggled stopping the run and establishing a run game myself. My 82ovr team Sits @ 6-7.
I'm sold on setting most scrambling qbs to Paranoid w/ the RnG and giving them the 90+ ratings in athletics. They actually break a play every now and then, break a sack, scramble, etc.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #1110
MVP

That's what I was afraid of; lowering the threshold (or any slider changes) affecting much more than what we want.

I'm not convinced on the paranoid trait but with little else working may have a few of the middle tier QBs set to paranoid and others to ideal and maybe see some variety in throws, sacks and throw aways in that respect.

Read something interesting on Josh's thread that he tried main menu and CFM threshold at 100 and claimed that one of the reasons he abandoned further research was the Dline acceleration was 'nerfed' (I'm old and don't know that term, I assume it means 'reduced'). One of the things I notice with QBs is the trot they do trying to look downfield while the Dline is coming at them full bore (I know at their maximum constant velocity the lineman isn't actually accelerating). I may for grins give it a shot where I set main menu and CFM threshold to 75 and see if I notice any difference. I played for a while with it set at 90 so there wouldn't be as many big plays, and so between 50 and 90 may not matter to me.
Otherwise I'm with you on this is what it is, this may be the best we can do, and with your modifications we can get some QBs to scramble to throw and occasionally run. Add some additional RO plays to a custom playbook for some QBs to boost that chance. It is nice to see a QB actually escape a sack every now and then!
Old 02-15-2017, 06:03 AM   #1111
Pro

OVR: 7

Only question Im having right now is why I added all pass plays on 2nd and long for the CPU Giants custom playbook gameplan and during the game on 2nd and 9 and 2nd and 10 the CPU ran the ball even though I have no runs in the gameplan...Any help on that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 AM   #1112
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Only question Im having right now is why I added all pass plays on 2nd and long for the CPU Giants custom playbook gameplan and during the game on 2nd and 9 and 2nd and 10 the CPU ran the ball even though I have no runs in the gameplan...Any help on that?
Are you watching cpu vs cpu? Or controlling another team and playing against the Giants as cpu?

There is an issue where the cpu controlled team will not use custom playbooks, but will default back to the Team specific playbook that came with the game. I think this might be the issue but not 100% sure...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »