Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 08:09 AM   #1113
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Capa i don't think that is it as I put teams to a custom playbook in the matchup screen that is heavy read option, and then go to CPU v CPU once the game starts. The team with the custom play book runs it.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:18 AM   #1114
Banned

OVR: 21

Ok...yeah it is weird. I am not convinced custom playbooks stick when you change out of a mode into another. Like if you start the game controlling one team and then move to cpu. I have seen teams run plays that are not even in the custom book I set when I have done this.

I have old 1960 style playbooks where I removed all but one Shotgun play. And I edited the situational calls to like only 1 or 2 pass plays on first down. Lo and behold the team would come out in Shotgun on first down, second down, etc and run plays not even in the book. Something is amiss.

This has always baffled me...not sure what is going on under the covers.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #1115
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

My last 3 games. Steelers absolutely destroyed us through the air as you can see. The game was tight for a half. But then my injured secondary got expoited. It was pretty cool. Getting beat deep twice for long tds, because of mismatches. Another tight NFC East battle with the Eagles. And then a blowout of the Browns.

I'd like to thank the Browns for my first user blocked FG. And my first pick 6 in forever!!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by cable guy; 02-15-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 11:01 AM   #1116
MVP

cable guy's Arena

I just wanted to share these 2 games in particular. From my previous season.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #1117
MVP

cable guy's Arena

Those including the one I posted before, the game I lost to Cincinnati, were among my favorite games in Madden...I can say about a decade I think. Against the Eagles I could Not do anything at all. Until I broke a 45 yd TD run with Elliot in the 4th. And a fumble by the Eagles in side their 10. A FG. Got a win in OT. Game against the Packers was just as good. Despite the scoreboard, this game seemed dominated by the Packers. Again, I managed 2 good drives in the 4th resulting in FG's. But the Packers were in side my 10, it seemed the whole second half. Last 3 drives were Int in the back of the end zone on a fade jump ball. TD with a failed 2 pt conv. And an end of game loss of downs at my 2 yd line. With about 30 seconds left in the game. Great stuff. This was all OotB! btw

Old 02-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #1118
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Are you watching cpu vs cpu? Or controlling another team and playing against the Giants as cpu?

There is an issue where the cpu controlled team will not use custom playbooks, but will default back to the Team specific playbook that came with the game. I think this might be the issue but not 100% sure...

C
I was playing as the Cowboys and the Giants were the CPU. I created the new Giants playbook using the 2nd profile and controller trick. It was interesting because in the Gameplan feature the 2nd and long (between 3 and 8yds) has running plays in it so I was just wondering if although I am seeing 2nd and 9, the math in the background might say 2nd and 8.65 which looks at the second and 8 gameplan feature. Just wondering.

Also, when does the CPU revert back to its original gameplan?

Last edited by kzdwfy; 02-15-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:58 AM   #1119
Pro

OVR: 7

Just an FYI if anyone is interested...

I noticed that even when I created a playbook of 2nd and 8yds or more gameplan with all passes the AI CPU would still run the ball. Well I did some more digging and this is what I discovered. I hope this is new info for some at least...

The playbooks on both offense and defense default back to the original playbook if you create a coach, make auto-subs, retire the coach and then use the 2nd controller trick to change your playbook. Easiest way to find out if what I'm saying is true is to use the 2nd controller trick to change from a 4-3 playbook to a 3-4 playbook. You will definitely see the difference.

So I tried the original recommended change which was to create a undrafted QB player, turn instant starter off, and change the offense and defensive playbook...and guess what? I saw the Giants defense(4-3) change to a 3-4 defense

Let me know what you see...

Update: Only bad part is retiring the coach and adding the player doesn't allow you to adjust auto subs...smh. Maden...please fix the the playcalling feature

Last edited by kzdwfy; 02-16-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #1120
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quick Update everyone,

I'm currently testing Title Update 1.10
So far it's been very fruitful, I've liked almost every bit of it.
Still some minor changes needed to default AP coming soon!
I'm even testing out the Normal Gamespeed.
This may just steer me away from OOTB for M17, we'll see.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »